• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. V

Dot Matrix Color Printing Issues

Update - Seems like this is an odd issue with the way this ribbon cartridge was manufactured. When angling the print head to make the colour yellow the teeth are sometimes slipping that rotate the ribbon, causing the colour to drop out temporarily.
  2. V

Dot Matrix Color Printing Issues

Hello all! I recently managed to acquire a new manufactured colour ribbon for my Panasonic KX-P2123 printer. The previous owner had also installed a colour ribbon and the required KX-PCK11 addon piece so setup was as simple as dropping in the ribbon and beginning to print. I did a few small...
  3. V

VIC-20 No Signal yet the system is working.

Good afternoon everyone! Over the weekend I acquired a VIC-20 minus the power brick from a flea market and after acquiring a few cable pieces I've got all of the necessary items to test the system. Powering on the system turns on the power LED, but I'm getting no signal from my RF modulator. I...
  4. V

OS/2 Warp Installation Issues

Hello everyone! Recently I've acquired a beautiful big box copy of OS/2 Warp on 3.5" disks and I'm attempting to test out the disks by installing the Operating System with them. My test system is a Dell OptiPlex XL 575 with a Pentium 75 inside. I usually insert physical hard drives into all of...
  5. V

386 RAM Installation Issue

Hey all! I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue, or a memory management issue on my end (I've never set up RAM in MS-DOS 6.22), but today I installed 4 1MB SIMMS in my 386, which should bring the total RAM to 6MB. The RAM was purchased as tested and working, so if the listing is trustworthy...
  6. V

S-Video to EGA/CGA Adapter options

Greetings all! Today I acquired a Philips IBM XT Clone at a Thrift Store for $20. The PC came with a Philips Computer Monitor 80 Monochrome monitor. The only video input on the monitor is what I'm almost certain is S-Video. The video card has a CGA/EGA output on it, and one bigger port that...
  7. V

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary Installation Issues

Hey all! I wasn't sure if this should go in the software support section or here, so apologies if it's in the wrong spot. Today I acquired a complete copy of Star Trek: 25th Anniversary for Tandy & IBM Compatibles; the set is on 8 730KB 3.5" disks. Installation works just fine though disk 4...
  8. V

Can Battery Replacement Advice

Hello again, apologies for creating so many posts; I just happen to have a lot of questions! I have been advised to seek a replacement for the can battery on my 386 as soon as possible. I have a friend with soldering equipment so we can easily get the job done, I just would like some advice on...
  9. V

5 1/4" Disk Drive Trouble

Hey all! After doing a quick clean up of the interior of my 386 I decided I'd attempt to test the 5 1/4" disk drive within it. I have a box of Tandy 5 1/4" disks which all contain data for my TRS-80 CoCo. I expected the machine to not be able to read the data off of them, but it can't even...
  10. V

Was given a 386-based system, but am unsure on the exact model

I believe this is the battery you've all talked about; hasn't leaked so far but definitely a barrel-style battery. What's the solution to fix this battery before it leaks, replacing it?
  11. V

I just wanted to say thanks for the replies! I had no clue the 'clones' were such common practice, so that makes sense! I've opened up the chassis and taken a few pictures to post here; this is the first time I've ever opened a computer of this age, and seeing it in person was quite something...
  12. V

I just wanted to say thanks for the replies! I had no clue the 'clones' were such common practice, so that makes sense! I've opened up the chassis and taken a few pictures to post here; this is the first time I've ever opened a computer of this age, and seeing it in person was quite something...
  13. V

Greetings all! This is my first post here, so apologies if my post is a bit off, or the formatting is wonky. A few months ago I was given the below system for free. I'd wanted a DOS based system for a while, and had never had any luck coming up with one so I jumped on this when I saw it. I'm...
Back