• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. E

BBS: The Documentary

Just caught wind of this on slashdot: BBS; The Documentary Five and a half hours on the history of the bulltetin board system. There are some other interesting things on the site as well. I give bonus points for the director having a basement full of old machines.
  2. E

Shatner and the Vic-20

Found a site with this commercial from the 80's.
  3. E

The birth of the Notebook

I found this article via Slashdot that I thought some folks might find interesting. Yes, I know some folks will say "..but what about the _____?", but all in all it's not a bad read. After looking through the Slashdot comments, I figured I'd post a link to that too. There are some interesting...
  4. E

HP 95LX

I just love goodwill! I decided to go check it out on my way to a dentist appointment today, and came back with a nice little haul. The best snag was the Hewlett Packard 95LX. It was in the box and included the leather case and two 512k cards. What it didn't have was the cable for the serial...
  5. E

Amiga 500 memory expansion battery..yikes!!

I recently picked up an Amiga 500 with the 512 memory expansion in it. Great condition, still in the box, needless to say I was psyched when I got it. When I opened Workbench, I'd get an error message about the battery, so I decided to take a look at the memory cartridge. I'm glad I did. The...
  6. E

Need a second drive on a IIc?

Ok, this might be old news to some. I picked up a IIc that works nicely and came upon another that doesn't work at all. There is a tall black component between the power supply and the back of the unit that is broken. If anyone knows what this is or how I can get one, let me know. It might be...
  7. E

Commodore 64C

I just picked up a commodore 64C off of ebay with a 1541 disk drive and a 1701 monitor. Now I'm playing around with it and have a few questions. I can run programs in BASIC that I type in (and it's amazing how much I've retained after all these years) but can I do anything in assembly on this...
  8. E

commadore 64 based eprom programmer

Thought some of the commodore fans might find this interesting: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5144357234&ss
  9. E

Apple IIc power supply.

I'm looking for a power supply for an apple IIc. Alternatively, does anyone know where a schematic for one would be? That way I could figure out what voltages go where and possibly just put one together with various electronic junk that I have.
  10. E

Got some boards...

So I was looking on ebay a couple of weeks ago and came upon this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4193&item=5131832988 Here's the list 'o stuff: 1- CPU: 8085 +3x EPROM + 5x SONY 5816(I think they are equivalent to 6116 SRAM) 2- CPU: 8085 + 8279 + 8255 + 2x MC2681 + 4x...
  11. E

Non standard modifications

I got a wireless card for my main computer today. In setting it up, I accidentally yanked the keyboard, or maybe I tripped on the cord. Anyway, it started incessantly beeping. YOu see, I have an old keyboard that came from goodwill. It had the older, bigger keyboard connector, which my newer...
  12. E

Altair 8800b manual

I just snagged the Altair 8800b manual from ebay. It might be available somewhere online, but if anyone is stumped on something I could scan a few pages and send them to you.
  13. E

OK, I won it on ebay..what is it? : P

No, really. I was constraining myself to collecting documentation and software due to space constraints, but this was small. I tried to search for info on it, and came up blank. It seems too small to be a IIc, but it sort of looks like one. It might seem odd to bid on something if you don't know...
  14. E

motorola 6800

Saw this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=164&item=6713595908&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW I'm sure folks here check the auctions now and then, but I figured I'd bring this one up. The guy has a buy it now price of $20 for 14 of them, and that seemed like a steal to me...
  15. E

Hi Folks

Just thought I'd throw in a hello. Like I said in the collections forum, I'm into collecting reference right now (due to space constraints) mostly older programming language books. Right now the "collection" wouldn't fill one shelf of a respectable bookcase, but I'm still poking around. BTW...
  16. E

It's all on paper right now...

I have been interested in older machines for a while now. Some of them since they weren't old! When I was a kid I had a TRS-80 III with a tape drive (no disk drives) that I wish I still had. My highschool used C 64's, but I wasn't paying much attention to what was going on in class at the...
Back