• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. G

IBM 9" MODEL 200 MONITOR VIDEO PINOUT Topic actions

Hi, Time ago i found this monitor on a thrift store. Now i have a bit of free time iam looking for a way to connect it to i guess an hercules / mda graphics card. In the back monitor have 3 conectors i presume for video, one is a female db-15, second is a round din 5 like pc xt keyboards or...
  2. G

Gauntlet 1 Pc wont run in EGA

Hi, I noticed a problem with Gauntlet 1 on my PC XT with VGA (Trident 8900). Game shows intro, menus, etc, but after i select the character game goes to black screen. Dont know what could cause this issue, wonder if it´s the Ega mode not compatible with my vga card or a problem with my NECV20...
  3. G

Tandy 1000A Composite Video in Color

Hi, Well, it´s hard to beleive if something is wrong with the composite part, the rgb part works. I mean, what can be wrong in the color burst part, i can only see a transistor, a 74ls244 and resistors. If any of this components are wrong dont think even show monochrome image. In the page 489...
  4. G

Video 7 hp ega rca output configuration

Hi, I own this EGA rare card from VIDEO7 manufacturer: http://www.student.nada.kth.se/~d94-tan/pckort/hpegaeng.txt I´m trying all the combination possible to use his video modes, and oly obtain ega graphics with the din-9 conector, but never obtain any video output in both rca outputs. Any...
  5. G

Soundblaster 2.0 cms upgrade chips

The question is easy, for upgrade the soundblaster 2.0 is neccesary 3 chips, 2 SAA1099P and 1 PAL16L8BCN. The two SAA1099P are difficult to find but sometimes appears on ebay or if you prefer make a murder you can extract it from a sam coupe micro........NO !!! The problem is with the...
  6. G

Sound blaster pro ii & cdrom on a xt

Hi, I know is possible to use a SOUND BLASTER PRO II (ct 1660) on a pc xt with isa 8 bits slot. But the question is, Is possible to use a creative cdrom with the proper drivers??? I know this is possible with the first sound blaster pro I, so I asume with sound blaster pro II runs to. Any...
  7. G

Cga to scart

Looking in internet always obtain the same results: Apparently cga to scart conversion is possible, same frequency, common pinout, but I didn´t find any schematic. I know some old cga cards have rca connectors can make possible to play cga composite games in a color tv, with 16 colors ...
  8. G

Compaq msdos 3.31

I´m looking for this version of msdos. Is the only 3.3x version that can reach the 32mb partition barrier limitation of this os. Any idea where can get it, for try it??? Regards.
  9. G

Chase h.q. Ibm pc version

Hi, It´s an urban legend??? It´s a dream??? an abandoned project??? A rare scene port like dragon spirit??? Btw, any know if really exists this game in a pc version??? The only clue I have is that exists cheatcodes for pc version but I never see this game here, in europe (Spain). Perhaps in...
  10. G

Use of ems on a 8088 xt

Hi, I have an xt mobo with 640kb of base ram + 128kb of ems. This mobo comes with msdos 3.3 version and the only sys driver to use this ems ram is ramdrive.sys, but this is not my purpose. Exists any program like emm386, that use this 128kb of ram, and make me use himem.sys to load dos in high...
  11. G

Schneider Euro pc II replacement floppy drive

Hi, I´m looking to replace the internal floppy drive of my Schneider Euro PC II, with a "modern" floppy, but when I extract the floppy and look at the data conector see that not is an "standard" drive. The drive is a SONY MP-F11W-S0, with 26 pin conector and no pins for power supply. I see no...
  12. G

Using Syquest Sq555 With Future Domain Tmc-850mex

Hi, This days I´m testing the future domain TMC-850MEX scsi isa controler with several devices on a ibm pc xt with msdos 6.22. CDROM works fine, SCSI HD works fine too, but my SYQUEST SQ555 not, Scsi diagnostic utility don´t detect the SYQUEST SQ555. I think this device needs his propietary...
  13. G

Scsi Fdisk Programs

Hi, I´m trying to use an scsi hd on my 286. I use a future domain scsi controller with no bios and powerscsi 4 drivers. I boot the pc from the mfm propietary 286 hd, so the scsi don´t boot. With the scsi util called fddsu I tested the scsi devices and detects the scsi hd, is a scsi quantum...
  14. G

Solder bios to future domain tmc-850

HI, I´m an owner of a future domain tmc-850 scsi isa 8 bit controller card without bios. That means I don´t boot from an hd device or other scsi media (zip, seaquest, etc). Looking the pcb of the future domain can see the pad of the bios and here is my question, can solder a socket and then...
  15. G

Datafab-parallel-port-compact-flash-reader

Hi, Looking in ebay I see this item: http://cgi.ebay.ca/DATAFAB-PARALLEL-PORT-COMPACT-FLASH-READER_W0QQitemZ360064663564QQihZ023QQcategoryZ41993QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247 Is a parallel (ecp/epp) compact flash reader, that means the best external and...
  16. G

xt cpu upgrade 8088 to necv20

Hi, I recently upgrade my old pc xt with 8088 cpu to a necv20 cpu. A friend of my tell to me that this kind of upgrade makes my old pc more faster, and really is, with landmark cpu test pass from 5,08 mhz to 5,98 mhz (6mhz at for landmark test), the real speed is 9,54mhz. Now this ganance of...
  17. G

A-trend atc-5200 mvp3 mainboard

Hi, I´m mounting a pc server for linux purposes. And I have a problem finding a hard disk drive for this mobo. I want to know if I can connect a 80 gb hard drive and this is supported and detected by the bios. I think 80 gb is too much for this mobo, any know the max hard drive capacity for...
  18. G

External parallel cdrom drive & xt drivers

Hi, Recently I buy and external cdrom drive manufactured by freecom. The drive is in parallel form, and I want to use them in a pc xt, but I try all the msdos drivers but nothing runs, all need 286 or superior machine type. Anyone know any generic or freecom parallel drive drivers for Pc xt...
  19. G

Schneider Euro Pc II external hd & floppy

Hi, I have an Schneider Euro PC II computer. This pc is mounted like an amiga computer in a keyboard, only have 1 isa 8 bit slot, that used with isa 8 bit vga. The reason of my post, is the hard disk and the floppy drive both external. The Scheneider have an internal 3 1/2 floppy disk drive...
Back