• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. I

CoCo Disto FDC with HDC, RS232, Printer and RTC recreation?

I recently found the schematics for Disto’s Super Controller and the 4 in 1 expansion option. See here: Disto Schematic Diagram Set Seems like a good candidate for a reproduction?
  2. I

CoCo µLabs (Micro-labs) CPrint centronics parallel port pak manual wanted

I just bought one of these on ebay and have not been able to locate a manual. Software was apparently on a ROM, which must be on the reverse side of the PCB from looking at the attached photo. Does anyone have the manual or a link etc? See the review on Page 11 here: Rainbow Vol 1 #6...
  3. I

Tandy Portable Disk Drive 2 Service Manual eBay Fundme

My understanding is that this manual did not exist, partly due to schematics appearing in the operators manual. however, here it is: eBay Only US$399, plus shipping 🫢 Such is the price of unobtanium. So, unless someone has a PDF, I might start a fundme campaign to cover the cost of the manual...
  4. I

Tandy 5 Meg Hard Disk

I just unearthed my Tandy 5 Meg drive, which I purchased a couple of years ago on ebay. Amazingly both the exterior and interior are immaculate, it was clearly hardly used. I also managed to buy some pure unobtanium a few months before that, an original Tandy hard drive Model 1 bus to 50 pin...
  5. I

Modem I & Modem I B differences?

One is grey and the other white, however, is this the only difference? Also, does anyone have a 1 B Service Manual?
  6. I

Scanned: Tandy 720K External Disk Drive 25_1061 Service Manual _ TEAC FD35FN

I recently came across this service manual on eBay for about $10 and noticed it was nearly 300 pages! How could a FDD service manual possibly be 300 pages, I asked myself? So, I simply had to buy it, thinking that it might contain more than the title suggested. Alas no, although I am not...
  7. I

Ray Holmes of Holmes Engineering (Model 100) peripheral co

Does anyone know if Ray Holmes is still about? The Holmes Engineering PCSG (Portable Computer Support Groups) Chipmunk floppy drive controller board schematic would be of interest, as chip numbers have been sanded off all chips except for the 1770 fdc. If not, can anyone recommend a firm who...
  8. I

TRS 80 Service Manual lot on eBay

I’m not the seller, however I believe these can all, or at least the vast majority, can be readily found online? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/194497934706?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0&ssspo=HIjkBpfiTD6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=kTB2Vu_xSPi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
  9. I

Model 100 PCSG / Holmes Engineering Chipmunk software disk imaged.

I recently dusted off a Model 100 and a Chipmunk drive I purchased from eBay about 6 years ago, having owned a Model 100 previously in 1984-5. After enjoying success with a couple of floppy drive emulators in other vintage computers a couple of years ago, I thought that I would now try...
  10. I

CoCo / Multi-Pak acrylic bracket, support current availability?

I recall someone selling a simple acrylic sheet with holes to go around some of the rubber feet on the CoCo and Multi-Pak, to prevent them from being inadvertently separated if bumped etc. This was a couple of years ago at least. Does anyone know if this is still be sold by someone?
  11. I

2MB RAM, MMU, OS/9 on a CoCo 1 or 2!

This week I came across the CocoMEM Jr. – RETRO Innovations. The CocoMEM Jr will allow a CoCo 1 or 2, which have been limited to 64K due to the lack of the GIME MMU found in the CoCo 3, to be upgraded to as much as 2MB. However, Jim at RETRO Innovations has emulated and enhanced the GIME in...
  12. I

CoCo to IBM PC XT (AT?) Bob Puppo Keyboard Adaptor

I know we can now buy PS2 adaptors, however it would be neat to be able to use this instead. Something you can actually easily build and modify etc. A Bob Puppo is on eBay now: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/154448488371 Does anyone have a schematic and firmware already?
  13. I

Korean Color Computer 2 (26-3026) Service Manual?

I cannot find a service manual for the Korean version of the CC2? This version was sold in Australia and perhaps elsewhere.
  14. I

Recapping power supplies: Type of electrolytic used?

It would seem that capacitors with a hybrid or solid electrolyte would be best for longevity. What do most people use? Of course, reputable brands are also very important.
  15. I

IBM 5155 Portable PC Power Supply capacitor list?

Has anyone made a list of the capacitors in the power supply? This would save some time for those of us who need, or want, to recap the supply.
  16. I

Tandy 1000 & 2000 Service Manual & 1000A Supplement available for download

I’ve recently had a couple of requests for the 1000A Service Manual, which is in fact simply a supplement to the 1000 Service Manual. While I’m at it, several years ago a few of us here also contributed to buying a very rare copy of the Tandy 2000 Service Manual, and to having the weighty tome...
  17. I

600 DPI scan of Color Computer Technical Reference?

The 300 DPI version which is readily downloadable is barely legible, especially the schematics. Does anyone know of 600 DPI version?
  18. I

CoCo 8 Slot MPI

Just wondering if anyone has made one of these? http://www.coco3.com/community/2010/07/this-is-part-1-of-2-of-an-8-slot-mpi-multi-pak-interface-design-for-my-friends-at-coco3-com-andor-the-maltedmedia-list-members-from-your-friend-johngimechip-com I’m sure the Eagle files are still out there...
  19. I

Protec Microsystems / Black Box High Speed 1-5MB Serial Buffer UTCP utility wanted

I have one of these, however no DOS setup utility. The manual is here: http://ftp.blackbox.com/manuals/P/PI101-PI101AE.pdf Black Box does not have the software whilst Protec is no more. I believe the same software was used by several Protec buffers.
  20. I

Model 1 110V Power Supply Fuse value?

The fuse is a 30mm x 6mm glass fuse with axial leads, I also believe it is a slow blow fuse. The Technical Reference manual does not provide a value, at the same time axial fuses are normal glass fuses with a small cap soldered to each end. This cap has the protuding leads attached...
Back