• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Need a new email provider Googles site is made by junkies

Ok so I'm done with google. First they started screwing up Youtube, then their targeted ads got put everywhere now the google homepage literally lags on my system and I can no longer sign in since it doesn't recongnize I have Javascript enabled. I'm looking for a new email provider that has good...
  2. A

Pro-grade Hitachi monitor service port questions

Alright so I posted yesterday about finding this huge and wonderful monitor behind my local thrift store. It's a Cornerstone CD2077A and it has a service port on the back that looks quite similar to a display out on a laptop. I wanted to know if anyone here has any info on these or knows how to...
  3. A

A super sweet monitor find

About two hours ago I went to my local thrift store to see about finding an old e-Machine desktop or something. I left the store empty handed but figured I try my luck with the throw-aways out back. There I found a box for an old 17" CRT monitor from maybe the early 2000s... But what I found...
  4. A

Dialing up through a cellular phone...

So in preparation for a long trip across the CS/US I have been experimenting with adapting a cellular phone to a RJ11 line for use with modems. I think i've finally got it. At this point through a long series of adapters my computer can dial into the internet using my cell phones 2.5mm audio jack.
  5. A

The underapreciated Windows ME

Why is it that in this day and age, at a time when you can get any information at the click of a button is there still so much misinformation out there about Windows MEs dependability? Seriosly I see nothing but people craping on this OS and yet I've never had a poor experience with it. Every...
  6. A

Photo uploads broken?

So I've been trying now for awhile to make a post with a photo in it. Problem is Everytime I try to upload it just gives me a "you do not have permission" error. Any ideas as to what this problem is caused by?
  7. A

Deep cleaning a fax machine scanning head.

I need help with my Sharp UX-P100 fax machine if anyone has the time. I gave the scanning glass a good wipe down with a rag but theres still a lot of voided lines in the scan and I can see what apears to be dust under the scanning glass. Any help is appreciated.
  8. A

Awesome tape I've never heard of before.

Some of y'all were around and old enough in the early 90s to remember what I have here. Does a band named Drivin' N' Cryin' ring a bell to anyone here? Specifically an album called "Fly Me Couragous". I got it on tape at my local thrift store and I can't belive I've never heard of them before.
  9. A

Faxing from cellular

Alright so this is probably going to sound very very silly but I have a Nokia 3390b cellular phone and I would love to know if theres a way to send/recieve faxes through mobile? I constantly have incoming and outgoing faxes and being able to do it on-the-go would be tremendously useful.
  10. A

300-800mb Compaq or compatable PATA 2.5" laptop drive

I need a hard disk compatable with a Compaq 4/50CX or an alternative storage solution. My disk is starting to get quite loud and I know that it's only a matter of time now.
  11. A

Using newer CD drives on DOS/Win3x

I'm in need of some help. Is there any way I could possibly use newer CD drives that don't have native DOS drivers in DOS? I really need CDs to install IE (among other stuff) onto my laptop and unfortunately I don't have any older CD drives laying around anymore.
  12. A

Access denied error on "MMSYSTEM.DLL" while installing Win3.11

I'm at my sanities end with my laptop at this point. I've checked the bootlogs for 3.11 and all it seems to fail to load is "NETAPI.DLL" which wouldn't explain why it's locking up on startup (I don't think at least). When I reinstall 3.11 it keeps giving me an Access denied error on...
  13. A

Windows 3.11 locking up Compaq LTE 4/50CX laptop

I recently purchased a Compaq LTE Elite 4/50Cx to use for on-the-go email and fax and whatnot. Anyway it had a (very) bucherd copy of Windows 95 on it apon arival so I had to install something else. I really want to go with Windows 3.11 to save on resources but the problem is that it locks up...
  14. A

Back to dial-up in 2021!

So after being constantly frustrated with my ISP for over a year I have decided to go back to something I know, good ol' dial up. I've been using it now for a few days and I'm very pleasently surprised by just how well it still seems to work. I'm getting consistand 30-40Kbps connection speeds...
  15. A

Using Youtube on a 300Mhz AMD K6

So for the last few days I have been using my 300Mhz IBM Aptiva desktop as my main machine as the one I normally use is down. Today I had some stuff to take care of on youtube and had to undertake the task of doing so on this system. It was a lot easier than you might think. With the latest...
  16. A

IBM Aptiva micro-ATX desktop computer

I bought this cheap little computer about three years ago mostly as a temporary system so I had something to use while I built my custom desktop but it has definetly earned a special place in my heart. It's a 300Mhz AMD K6-2 based system with 128Mb of RAM (upgraded from 64) and onboard graphics...
  17. A

Rearranged my office!

So I finally got fed up with the disgusting state of my office so I decided to rearrange it. Now it looks rather beautiful if I do say so myself. The desk I used here is newly purchased at my local thrift store. It's really nice to have a good clean desk setup for all office and gaming needs
  18. A

Issues with Gateway 2000 P4D-66 desktop PC

So I just today got my hands on this lovely 486 based gateway desktop PC. I'm having 2 major problems. It's having these two IRQ errors (as pictured) as well as I am unable to get a hard drive to work with the system. Any help would be appreciated
  19. A

Gaming on a massive CRT monitor

So since around 2014 I have been on only CRT monitors and TVs after discovering that flatpanel screens were the cause of my headaches while gaming. Recently I got a computer modern enough to run (some) modern games. With this I decided to go big or go home and paired it up with a 19" Korea Data...
  20. A

Company management using Windows 2000 in 2020

I know of a small handyman company that a friend of mine is involved with in the area. This company has one specific computer to do all things related to the business and this computer is a Pentium III based computer running Windows 2000. All there business dealings online or off are done...
Back