• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Old chips

Hey thanks for the information / suggestions! It's kind of a labor of love. These things are interesting to me only because they were to my husband. I don't want to destroy anything a collector would like to have. Charging a price would, I hope, safeguard them from being scrapped. I...
  2. D

Tech PC XT

Thanks for the information! This forum is great. I came on here not even knowing what the thing was or how to open it. And now I have an ad online to sell it with a price I feel is right and enough information to not embarrass myself as I go forward.
  3. D

Tech PC XT

Thank you for all this great information! Would you advise not powering it on at all? Yep, I'm a thrower not a keeper -- no cords around that look even close to what this computer needs. Most likely I sent it's original cord to Goodwill. I would definitely have to buy a cord. Was going to...
  4. D

Tech PC XT

Wonderful! Thanks for all your help with this!! I will go buy a power cord. Can the machine be harmed by my powering it on after all these years? As far as I can tell everything is in great shape. All keys are there on the keyboard. I don't have any floppy disks though. If it powers on ok, what...
  5. D

Tech PC XT

If I understand you correctly, both sides have recessed areas (one side where the power switch and plug is and the other side where that video cable cord is).
  6. D

Tech PC XT

The actual cord. The stubby piece that feeds back into the machine, I'm pretty sure is something hardwired in there. I pulled pretty hard, but it didn't budge. Can a new cord be purchased for this? I think it must have had a cord that plugged into the machine and the wall -- removable. I'll...
  7. D

Old chips

My late husband worked in high tech in the 70's, 80's and part of the 90's. In going through things in the basement, I'm finding he kept quite a few chips and transistors and other such things. I'm told some of it is scrapable for precious metals. Some of the chips might be collectible in...
  8. D

Tech PC XT

You are brilliant! All these years it has been sitting in the basement, and I had no idea. It's really cute. Now, please tell me if the power cord is hidden someplace, because I'm not finding one.
  9. D

Tech PC XT

Are you saying the keyboard is inside? Well, this is embarrassing, but I can't figure out how to open it.
  10. D

Tech PC XT

Does this have any value? The third picture best represents the actual color.
  11. D

Tech PC XT

Would like to sell this but have no idea what to ask for it. Any suggestions regarding price would be appreciated! Tried to upload a picture here, but I keep getting a message that it exceeds what is allowed, etc. There is no monitor with this. Does not say IBM on it. Has carrying handle...
Back