• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

Luxor ABC80 power connector type?

I was wondering if anyone recognize which company made the Audio/Video/Power connector of the Luxor ABC80. See the images for details.
  2. P

Reviving an Orchid PCturbo 286e Accelerator Card

It is worth noting that the 74F series of chips are quite fast devices, and are known source of flakiness if the hardware is not designed to handle the sharp/fast transitions. If your replacement chip is too new, then it might for instance be a little bit quicker and have a little more RF...
  3. P

ICOM FDOS-III for the Poly88

From what I have found, it is clear that BC40 points to character output routine at least. But yes, it's weird. It almost seems like someone used the Poly88 version and adapted it for a different machine or something. Eventually it may expect a later version of the support ROM. I won't have the...
  4. P

In other words, I am in no doubt that this is FDOS-III, but as I mentioned it might be the raw output from a build rather than a finished system disk. You may have to pack the binary files in an executable format the support-PROM can deal with, and write them to an empty disk formatted with a...
  5. P

There is a string in the EXEC binary that literally reads "ICOM FDOS-III POLY88 VER. 1.0", while the writing on the disk itself is "System III 32k 9.8, FDOS"
  6. P

PGC disks (diagnostic utility)? Anyone written software for it?

If I remember correctly, the diagnostics utility should be part of the standard IBM Diagnostics disk versions that came with the PC/XT or PC/AT Guide to Operations after 1984.
  7. P

I've had electrolytics fail dead short as well a few times, but luckily not in any places that caused carnage to other components around it. Usually it's either been stuff like triggering current-protection of the PSU, or flatlining half of my CRT image.
  8. P

Ok, here is the files, if you want a look at them. The memory image bin files are just the hex imported as binary, using absolute addresses. Everything seems to load at 0x2100 and onwards as mentioned, so all the bin files start out with a lot of empty space as a result.
  9. P

Yes, I made a disk image already. Pretty standard IBM3740, as mentioned formatted with a basic Intel ISIS file system. From the looks of it, it seems like someone had the source code for FDOS-III on an Intel Intellec, and just assembled it to hex there. I say this because of the file-system, and...
  10. P

As posted in the DEC forum, I am archiving a pack of 8" floppy disks I came over. While most of those disks are for the PDP-11, one of the disks seems to be a release of FDOS-III for the Poly88. Does anyone here have experience with this? I don't know enough about this system to say if this...
  11. P

RT-11 floppy disks conversion

Since these are all RX01, my plan is to convert them to sector-images, that would be with the software interleave in place (the FM/MFM decoder I use undoes the hardware interleave for this, if present).
  12. P

Right, was looking at this at late night, my bad. On second glance I see now that the HW sectors on the DEC disks are sequential.
  13. P

Got the imaging going. More or less all disks seem to be single sided, about half of them flippable. Looking at the data, am I right that these are both hardware- and software-interleaved? That seems quite a bit like an odd choice.. Also, most of the difficult to read sectors seems to be...
  14. P

Tandberg PS/2 keyboard firmware disassembly

About a month ago I completed a documented firmware-disassembly of a few versions of the Tandberg Data TDV-5010 keyboard firmware. The TDV-5010 is best known as a 122-key PS/2 keyboard from Tandberg, made from 1989 and until the mid 1990s. These were in particular made for some of their...
  15. P

I read these off low-level into images in SuperCardPro format using my own hardware setup, so that's not a problem!
  16. P

Hi I am waiting for some 8" floppies with some RT-11 software on them. There's Fortran and BASIC, and the expected pile of games. Several of the floppies also seems to have a system installed, so I guess these are bootable. Now, I don't own and I have not used any PDP-11 type machine before...
  17. P

Reviving an Orchid PCturbo 286e Accelerator Card

If it turns out the memory controller is the point of failure on Digitalman's card too, maybe I should pick up a few for my own card just in case.. I know from experience that this chip gets terribly hot, so it's expected to have a more limited lifespan than the other chips. Also, about the PAL...
  18. P

C8087-11?

There was a D8203 from around the same time as the CPU in the lot too, so I guess it came from an iSBC-86/12.
  19. P

C8087-11?

11MHz seems like an odd number, given the typical 808x product line at the time didn't go above 8.
  20. P

C8087-11?

I recently got hold of this little thing, but I can't find any mention of a "8087-11" anywhere on the internet. Does anyone know any more details on what specs this might operate with? The module itself is for adding an 8087 to a machine with just one socket for a 8086. Unfortunately the 8087...
Back