• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

PS/2 Model 40/57/77 PSU - Capacitor list?

I've had a PS/2 Model 40SX for the past few weeks that was liberated from a vocational/technical school dumpster nearly on its way to be turned into coke cans. Friend asked about them and his teacher said he could take whatever he wanted and grabbed it for me along with another that had the PSU...
  2. S

PS/2 P70 Display/POST fault?

Yet another P70 thread, woo, let's goooo. Pulled my P70 out from storage and turned it on for the first time in 5 years. no display, ominous POST beeping of one long, two short. Okay, looks like a plasma controller board issue. Pull it out, verify the machine behaves the same way, good...
  3. S

Powermate SX/20vi: Oscillator replacement and interesting side-effects thereof...

I have a FedEx Powership 2, pretty much an NEC PowerMate SX/20vi special-ordered by FedEx to distribute as their Powership system for small to large scale shipping room solutions. It comes in a different case with a different PSU, front panel connections, and ISA riser card (normally has 4...
  4. S

proposal: the development of a 386SX interposer for cheap TI486SXLC2-G50 CPUs.

I'm putting this out there as a general call-out to anyone interested in a challenge. simply put, there are a lot of NOS TI486SXLC2-G50 chips that are available on eBay. (listing provided as example, there are others with more available for up to $18 shipped in some cases.) These are 3.3v, with...
  5. S

Sun Ultra 10 Creator 3D 440MHz... Bad Caps! cross-post from badcaps forums.

Just thought I'd share this with the masses, since it happened to me. This is a cross-post of the badcaps forum post I made this morning here. Got a few systems from a friend moving to Europe, including a Sun Ultra 10, an SGI Indy and an SGI Octane. the Indy and Octane are still currently...
  6. S

Value of Sun4 deskside computers...?

I'm not going to bore anyone with details of how it originally came to be that I was getting these things, but I recently acquired some old Sun gear and am going back for some more very soon. Things I picked up from my last trip were a SPARCstation IPC, an SPARCstation 10, three external SCSI...
  7. S

NEC MultiSpeed HD PC-16-03 -- JVC Hard Drive Problems!

so I picked up a ~1987 NEC MultiSpeed HD a couple weeks ago. model is PC-16-03, and according to forum archives, our own DoctorPepper has one of these machines. AC adapter voltage is 15v @ 3A, and uses a proprietary connector. Specs: -NEC V30 4.77/9.54MHz -640K RAM -20MB Hard Drive (mine's...
  8. S

Can anyone identify these cards?

Short story is, friend owns a scrapmetal business out of his garage. ended up with an Amiga 2000 that a friend of his disassembled by accident; shell was accidentally scrapped. Pulled these cards from his stuff before his boxes of expansion cards were scrapped. Long story, he went to CT and...
  9. S

Honeywell-Bull AP-L (SuperSport 286) PSU Woes!

I picked up a Honeywell-Bull AP-L laptop off eBay last week-- $10 with $15 for shipping out of Wisconsin. this is pretty much a SuperSport 286 rebrand. The seller said there was no adapter to see if it worked, so it was AS-IS. I snatched it up thinking it'd be a diamond in the rough sort of...
  10. S

Socket 7 / SS7 board with EISA slots?

I got an interesting call from my father today, supposedly an old computer at work is dying and he wants me to build a semi-direct replacement for it. Specs of the dying machine is somewhere in the ballpark of a Pentium of unknown speed with 16MB of RAM (could be wrong), a 500MB hard drive and...
  11. S

Two Promise DC5030 IDE cards...

Just acquired two new-in-box Promise DC5030 IDE controller cards... they have 4 30-pin SIMM slots for cache memory, and supposedly are quite fast for their age and time, plus, Linux has kernel module support since kernel 2.6.9 or so. but that's all the information I have on them, as well as a...
  12. S

Philips Magnavox Metalis/SX Help

I recently acquired a Philips Magnavox Metalis/SX laptop with no AC adapter from a friend who got it at a thrift shop for 6 bucks. the model under the bezel says PCL304, yet the only thing i'm able to turn up is an old ad for said laptop from around 1991. it has a 386SX of an unknown speed and...
  13. S

Looking for a few items...

Hey all, recently got a $50 debit gift card thingy and I was hoping to use it to get some vintage goodies :D There are a few items I'm looking for: 1. 20/40/50/80/whatever sized Hardcard HDD. -I've been looking for one of these for ages. and also, I think it's been asked before but, can I get...
  14. S

IRC servers for MS-DOS?

EDIT: Meant CLIENT instead of SERVER in the thread topic, sorry. Hey there everyone, I'm a bit new. I'm wondering if there is anyone out there that would have some IRC client recommendations for me, I'm using MS-DOS right now on a couple 486s with network cards... they all use LeetIRC by...
  15. S

looking for MS-DOS webserver previously released by Mike Chambers

hey everyone! this shall be my first post on here. I'm looking for the Webserver program for MS-DOS that was released by Mike Chambers a little while back. I seem to be in a fix for when I went on the site this morning to get it, the site itself was gone. I had previously downloaded...
Back