• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

Epson HX-20 loading software over serial...

Jeff restocks them frequently. If you get on the list, you'll get one.
  2. F

Epson PX8 Ram Disk stuck at start

Sometimes you have to explicitly format the RAM Disk before it will work. Could be the RAM Disk is bad. Or perhaps a driver chip or RAM module. Also, it could be a corroded or oxidized contact on the cable connector. I would suggest 1) Deoxit on the connector. Make sure the cable is good...
  3. F

Epson HX-20 loading software over serial...

FWIW. The BACKPACK works with the HX-20 for storage. https://www.soigeneris.com/tandy-tpdd-2-backpack-drive-2
  4. F

TI-74 need user's guide

https://pockemul.com/index.php/2020/12/18/ti-74-documentation/
  5. F

NEC MultiSpeed PC-16-01 (XT) GoTEK

New to GoTEK. Can I put one in a NEC MultiSpeed PC-16-01 XT class laptop? It has two 720k floppies. Do I understand I need a specific GoTEK that emulates 720k floppies? Any recommendation? I'd love to put a Compact Flash Card in it but I don't think that is possible.
  6. F

Can’t get serial port working on Z88

set mode Z88. I believe it is in the BPD+ Manual. But you need the right adapter. That is in there too or you can order one from Hey Birt! To me, the Z88 is better than the Model 100 because you can toggle from the Terminal program access to the BPD and the other apps. I don't know if it is...
  7. F

Epson serial floppy drives emulated with Arduino and SD-card

I built one of these. Slightly different. But it can swap files and drive images. I think the BACKPACK (BPD+) sold by Hey Birt! also works with the PX8/HX20.
  8. F

Can’t get serial port working on Z88

Did you know the Tandy Portable Disk Drive BACKPACK can be used with the Z88? Cool!
  9. F

Epson PX-8 Oval Display Adaptor

I wonder if the TF-15 ROM can be inserted into the TF-20 and convert the TF-20 to a TF-15? Phew, that was a mouth full.
  10. F

Epson PX-8 Oval Display Adaptor

What is the difference between the TF-15 and TF-20?
  11. F

Noisey Kaypro 2000 Plus power transformer

The power transformer for my old Kaypro 2000 Plus buzzes loudly when the transformer is place right side up as designed. But if I place it on it's side, it goes silent. Before I open it up, any ideas on what to check either visually or with a multimeter? Specs: CHARGER -- P/N 81-1190-1...
  12. F

WinWorld Safe? Need Kaypro 2000+ DOS 3.21

Has anyone ever used a site WinWorld? I need a copy of Kaypro MS-DOS 3.21 and they have it. (Actually, I need the Kaypro 2000 Plus MS-DOS 3.21 and I hope that is it.
  13. F

Kaypro 2000+ Hard Drive

I want to install a harddrive in my Kaypro 2000+ laptop. Still looking for Kaypro 2000+ DOS boot disk. Any guesses on what type and size harddrive to look for? I assume it gets installed in the B drive bay after I remove the second floppy.
  14. F

Repairing Kaypro 2000+ Keyboard; Cherry Key Switch Questions

I am restoring a Kaypro 2000+. (Anyone have OS software disk?) Anyway, about 12 of the keys do not work. The are Cherry key switches. They are black. They have a spring, copper contacts and a diode. Only other markings are an "A" on the lower left of the switch housing top; a "80" on the...
  15. F

Dallas RTC BIOS Trouble - Compaq SLT/286

Hoping you might have an idea here. I have an old Compaq SLT/286 I've used for years. I have not used it for year. The laptop battery would not charge and I would get a boot error code 162 that asked me to insert the Diagnostic disk. I could boot to the Diagnostic disk and set the CMOS...
Back