• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Tandy 102 Date/Time/Day issue

I have a Tandy 102, which I've been using with a Rex# for a year or so. Great little on-the-go laptop, which has worked mostly without any issues until recently. The first problem was that it would sometimes crash and need a cold boot - thus losing my data - when accessing the REXMGR software...
  2. A

QuickPad Pro - charger

I recently obtained a QuickPad Pro that's in pretty good shape, and works rather well. I came complete with a charger, and this particular model has a barrel-type connector for one. However, the charger is 240v, and while it says it's 12v DC out, and the manual says it can be used for recharging...
  3. A

FreHD - exporting files... how exactly?!

I have a 4P, which is excellent, and a FreHD, which works very well, though absent the autobot ROM I think I should have also bought, the system boots from a floppy. What I need to do is export a file from one of the FreHD drives to a PC. I don't have any emulators on the Windows PC, but I do...
  4. A

Toshiba T3100e CMOS battery

I have just acquired a Toshiba T3100e/40 - eBay of course - and it is in rather good operating condition, but of course has a failed CMOS battery. I know the settings to enter in the setup to get it booted, and they work just fine, but I'd like to put a new CMOS battery in it if I can get one...
  5. A

Compaq Portable III keyboard-related problem

Finally, I have a partly working portable III. The display doesn't work - I'm pretty sure that's a power supply fault, not feeding it the volts it needs - but I have a CGA->VGA converter connected, which shows the system booting up to C: and allows me to look around the drive. The problem is...
  6. A

Compaq Portable III Power Supply removal

I have a Compaq Portable III which has suffered what appears to be a significant impact on the bottom corner where the power lead connects, and on the side-panel where the vents are for the power supply. The bottom corner of the casing, and the PSU itself is deformed, but the main part of the...
Back