• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. SteveG

DEPCA Ethernet card DOS 3.3 driver

I have an IBM AT PC which has a DEPCA Ethernet card. The original hard disk has failed and so I have reloaded a new system disk with DOS 3.3 and Windows 2.11 I would like to use the Ethernet card to enable me to connect to a network again. I assume I will need a DOS driver to do this. Does...
  2. SteveG

Driver for DEPCA Ethernet Card

I have an IBM AT PC which has a DEPCA Ethernet card. The original hard disk has failed and so I have reloaded a new system disk with DOS 3.3 and Windows 2.11 I would like to use the Ethernet card to enable me to connect to a network again. I assume I will need a DOS driver to do this. Does...
  3. SteveG

IBM PC/AT Memory Allocation Question

I am trying to load Windows 3.1 onto my IBM PC/AT. I get error when I load the Windows 3.1 Setup Disk. ERROR: no available extended memory was found . XMS driver not installed. I assume Windows 3.1 needs more than 640K of memory to load. Is that correct? When I run check-it on the AT I get a...
  4. SteveG

Windows 1

Proof of concept ? I was surprised how easy it was for the current generation pick up using Windows on the PC’s in my collection. At the time I found it hard to use the mouse and graphics interface as I had only used dumb terminal interfaces. Here are some photos of Windows 1 and early PC’s...
  5. SteveG

Anyone Live near Portsmouth in the UK

The following items need rescuing from the scrap man before Thursday this week ! Many FREE DEC Computer items need to go: 1 Letterwriter 100 1 Letterprinter 100 2 LA120 RA 2 Decwriter III (with inbuilt keyboards) 1 LP25 48 RL02 disks (used) but in boxes Loads of 1/2 inch tape reels Cipher GCR...
  6. SteveG

HP SCSI disc drive external/internal swap?

I need a HP 6000 Model 1350 SE internal disc drive. I can exchange this for one of the external drives below:- HP 6400 1330 S Model C1512A External DDS DAT tape drive or HP CD Model 1330 S
  7. SteveG

IBM AT Motherboard

I need a motherboard to help fix my IBM AT system. It needs to be the Chips and Technologies CS8220 chipset, so will have chips labelled P82C201, P82C202, P82A203, P82A204 and P82A205.
  8. SteveG

2 x IBM 5161 Expansion Unit Extender Interface Cards

I need the card interfaces and cable to connect my 5160 to its 5161 expansion box. The existing 5161 has been re-plumbed as an XT Turbo :(
  9. SteveG

5 Generations of IBM Pc’s

Here is the IBM PC section of my collection (www.museumcomputing.com). 5150 5160 (XT) 5170 (AT) PS1 ThinkPad
  10. SteveG

PDP 11/73 in BA213 Cabinet Error

When powering on my KDJ11 - SC PDP 11/73 CPU in a BA213 cabinet the CPU sits with “0” displayed on the CPU (see photo). I have set the jumper settings in the CPU for 9600 Baud rate and BOOT options are set for an interactive console BOOT. Nothing appears on the console even after typing CTRL...
  11. SteveG

New 5 1/4” Floppy Disks

Does anyone manufacture new 5 1/4” Floppy Disks? If so where can I purchase them from a reliable source? I think it’s more than an ”Urban Myth” that magnetic media degrades over time. Based on that assumption I am planning to use the dual floppy’s on my 5150 to copy some of the interesting...
  12. SteveG

Is this a 5161 ?

I think this is a standard PC fitted into a 5161 chassis. see the photos If I am correct what are the chances of finding a 5161 motherboard?
  13. SteveG

IBM 5150 PC Logo

As it’s my IBM 5150’s 40th birthday this week I would like to refresh its metal front panel logo (its current logo is no longer visible it used to read “IBM Personal Computer”). Can a transfer be applied or etched to the metal logo or does anybody have a spare front panel they could sacrifice?
  14. SteveG

11/34 Power Supply Connector Question

I am stuck disconnecting the Power Supply from the body of my 11/34 ! As well as the usual plastic side locks there is a metal clip sticking out of the side of the connector (see photo). It would help if anyone knows:- 1) If this clip could be preventing me from releasing the cable? 2) What...
  15. SteveG

PDP-11/05 System is Next in the To-do list

After some 30 years hibernation I have assembled a PDP - 11/05 system ready for testing. WISH ME LUCK. I think I will need it
  16. SteveG

Faulty MicroVAX II

After getting the power supply repaired on this Micro VAX II unfortunately the computer appears to be faulty. The indicator on the rear control panel displays “F”. The four red LED’S on the back of the processor board stay solid red. I don’t get any activity on the serial consul RS232...
  17. SteveG

DEC Grey VAX/PDP 11 Plastic Front Panel Blanking Plate and Slide Rail

I need a DEC Grey VAX/PDP 11 Plastic Front Panel Blanking Plate Prt No. 7428583-01 B1 DP1. This is to fill a hole in my MicroVAX II front panel (see photo below):- I have seen the same blanking panels used on PDP11’s as well as VAX’s. I also need a 19” cabinet RH slide rail.
  18. SteveG

MicroVAX II Power Supply Problem

I have a MicroVAX II housed in a 630QE chassis. After over 40 years I have powered it on and I am now stuck with the following issue! After removing the RF capacitors from the input filter the H7864A power supply in the first BA23 style rack it appears to be working fine. A similar power...
  19. SteveG

Wang Professional Computer Question

Sorry Trigger happy duplicate post. I hope admin delete it for me!
  20. SteveG

Wang Professional Computer Question

I am trying to get a working computer out of the two Wang Word Processors I have had stored away since the 1980’s. When I boot up I get the following boot format error:- I have tried various Wang Floppy disks and even changed the floppy disk drive and always get the same error. I have found...
Back