• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. ST251

Plus Hardcard BIOS

I've been tinkering with Plus Hardcards (most of them are dead for various reasons) and I have a few that will read some tracks but not all. That got me thinking that it was MFM style magnetic field degradation (the style that's fixed with a low level format). Now most of the cards I have...
  2. ST251

Mid Atlantic ISA Hard Card

If anyone has a broken hard card they'd be willing to part with, I'd be happy to take it off your hands
  3. ST251

Mid Atlantic Xerox 6060 software disks

I have a pack of Xerox 6060 software disks but no Xerox 6060, so I've decided to see if anyone here may need them.
  4. ST251

Toshiba external floppy drive

Hey there, I have this floppy drive that I have no use for. Unfortunately I can't test it either, so please keep in mind that this is untested.
  5. ST251

WD93028 8-bit (XT) IDE drive

I recently acquired this drive, and it had a stuck head stepper motor. I was able to free it, and though I'm running the drive's built in test (via the jumper block), I'm unable to further test it as I do not have an 8-bit IDE controller. This drive will definitely not work on a 16-bit...
  6. ST251

YD-580 XT floppy drive

Does anyone have one they might be willing to sell? I bought a double height drive for my XT but apparently my machine may have been configured for two of those YD-580s. Mine only came with one.
  7. ST251

My theory on Kalok drive failures

Just rambling a bit here. I was tinkering with my dead Kalok Octagon MFM drive today (apparently can't find track 0 as the heads just slam against the internal stopper for a few seconds and then the drive spins down) when I noticed that there appeared to be no Track 0 sensor anywhere in the...
  8. ST251

WTB/T: Various PC/XT components

Edit: I've gotten everything I needed thanks to a member on here Hello all, I'm looking for a few pieces for my new to me PC XT. I need a video card that can output composite video. What I have to trade is a Video-7 VEGA card. Apparently it can output CGA, EGA, and MDA and is compatible with...
  9. ST251

Finally got something of interest

It was about time that I found myself something that would be relevant to this forum, and I believe this is it :p Now for something semi on topic - does anyone have a video card that can output composite? from what I saw, the video card seems to be branded "video 7"
  10. ST251

486 build ramblings

I'm starting this little thread to share the details of my next adventure, which is cramming Windows 95 onto a 40MB MFM hard drive in my 486 machine.
  11. ST251

Wanted: MFM hard drives

Hello, as you've probably concluded from my username, I'm a bit of a hard drive junkie :p I'm on the hunt for MFM or RLL hard drives. I'm mainly looking for broken ones to tinker around with, but I'm also looking for good ones as well just to add to my collection since I only have one at this...
Back