• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

Cannot remove 5 1/4 from drive

Yeah, it's so strange. It definitely gets stuck in there, I verified by removing the c clip and pushing and observing what happens. The swapped in one is working great.
  2. T

I managed to fix it tonight, and the issue seems to be the little white circular thing. I had a different, working TEAC and swapped the 2 and now the non-working one works, and the working one doesn't. So strange. I've attached a picture of the 2 different things. Left is the working one...
  3. T

The spring is definitely not that springy lol. I'll try replacing that first, although I'm not sure what those types of springs are called with the little hooks. I don't think I have anything like that lying around the house.
  4. T

That part seems to be working, but I have nothing to compare it to, I'll check the manual. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the culprit and it could be that. It does work, but the amount of pressure the lever puts when closing seems to press that white cone thing such that it gets stuck.
  5. T

I've cleaned it out many times, it seems to be a friction fit going on.
  6. T

I have a Teac FD-55BV which works very well, but recently disks have started become stuck. The reason seems to be that, although the lever arm raises, the actual head assembly and the circular thing that keeps the disk in place gets stuck. I've tried lubricating (very lightly) any of the...
  7. T

//c Disk (A2M4050) LED

I have one of these and noticed that the LED was not working. Taking it apart there was no LED in the bezel. I think this may have had a //c internal drive transplanted into this case. I tried adding an LED as well as the appropriate cable and header (with the correct pinout after watching a...
  8. T

Dot matrix printer vertical "smearing" or "banding"

I recently fired up my Star Micronics NX-1000C w/ a new cable I got off amazon due my main computer dying (which had an actual LPT port). It is printing OK, but there's this weird banding going on and it is very consistent in its location so I can't imagine it is due to the ribbon. I realize...
  9. T

WTB: Okimate 10 Centronics Plug n Play module

I'd take either the module or a printer with the module.
  10. T

Okimate 10 Centronics Plug n Play module?

Did such a thing exist? I've ready they are available for the Okimate 20, but haven't been able to confirm so for the 10. Any info appreciated! ~telengard
  11. T

WTB: Apple ][+ keyboard

Mine has issues w/ repeated keys and a cleaning did not help. I'd be interested in purchasing one that has standard key switches, not a metal plate contact like my current one made by "The Keyboard Company".
  12. T

Device or circuit to emulate green/amber monitor on a color monitor?

Just wondering if such a device/box/circuit exists (or is even possible). One of my previous monitors had a mono switch which went from color to green. I imagine it just routes the R and B output to the green gun since the signals have already been decomposed. I really don't want to modify my...
  13. T

WANTED: TI99/4a PHP 1800 sidecar (disk controller)

I have an SVD and an HxC I'd like to use w/ my TI99/4a and I need a disk controller. ~telengard
  14. T

Collector condition Commodore Amiga 520 video adapter on eBay

Collector condition, I've never used it and have had it for ~10 yrs or so. 2nd owner. http://www.ebay.com/itm/190917026384?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  15. T

TI99/4a game "Doom of Modular" + 2 scenarios

Not a lot of info on the web about this one. Only info I found was on the TI99/4a mailing list and it seems the game wasn't available for that long of a time. http://www.ebay.com/itm/190877335143?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  16. T

A few TI99/4a items for sale Corcomp 9900 and PHP 1850

Corcomp 9900 Micro Expansion System (complete and tested as working) http://tinyurl.com/88brxt7 PHP 1850 Disk Memory Drive (also tested and working) http://tinyurl.com/7oovgaa ~telengard
  17. T

virtual floppy drive using PP and RT LInux

I'm wondering if something like this was feasible. Using a computer running RT Linux (probably a small embedded computer) driving the parallel port to act like a floppy drive. There are some products out there that do it, but are mostly FPGA/microcontrollers. Sounds like it could be a fun...
Back