• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

IRC on Vintage Hardware

I'm not sure why "ircii" won't work, but "irssi" works beatifully! I couldn't even get ircii to work on my mac mini running minicom version 2.9 connected to my WiFi RETROMODEM V3 - same thing, the cursor just goes up/down one line in the top left of screen endlessly. But "irssi" works on...
  2. D

IRC on Vintage Hardware

I'm running into some issues trying to get onto IRC with my Commodore 128 or Apple IIGS. I'm using DesTerm v3.02 on my C128, and ANSITERM on my IIGS. I am connected to a Raspberry Pi running the latest Pi OS (bullseye). More specifically, I am using two different zimodem-based wifi modem...
  3. D

the 68000 systems featured in Radio Electronics magazine back in the alte 80s

You can find every issue of Radio Electronics - any many other early electronic hobby magazines - at worldradiohistory.com link below January 1988 page 90 is Part 4 of Build the PT-68K https://worldradiohistory.com/Radio_Electronics%20_Master_Page.htm
  4. D

IIGS - chirp sound when I shut off power supply

I have a IIGS ROM3 that makes a chirp sound from the power supply when I switch it off. The chirp occurs even when power connector disconnected from logic board (no load). Otherwise, everything works fine. Its a Dyna Comp LR62786 power supply shown here...
Back