• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Newly aquired TI

Beige unit, but the ©1981, not the 1983 version. NEVER BEEN OPENED NOR PULLED OUT OF THE PLASTIC BAG. Mint condition, brand new. Only cost me $20 + 17 shipping.
  2. D

TI-99/4A - Floppy drive?

I've seen pictures, so I know they're out there. Individual floppy drives. The only ones I've seen in circulation are those housed in the big expansion chassis. My question is this: Is it possible to adapt a floppy drive for use with ye olde TI? Just a single drive, without the monster...
  3. D

Vintage PC networking question

I'm asking now before I get started, to avoid issues. I have a several PCs, one of each generation, that I plan to eventually network together. What I need to know is what PC can handle what speed? And if not at all? Here is something like a worksheet I've been using to plan ahead: 80486DX-33...
  4. D

More parts needed: "Primary" PC hardware

I've scoured eBay and others, and haven't yet found what I'm after - or am unwilling to lose $200 on a bloody floppy drive. Of course, there may be some that I've missed. Anyway, here's what I'm after, that remains to complete my personal collection: 1) Commodore 64 (condition irrelevant, so...
  5. D

Selling off some excess Commodore hardware.

I've posted a listing already. http://marketplace.vintage-computer.com/auction_details.php?auction_id=105994 What will be going up next is two 1530 C2N (VIC/64/128 ) Datasette drives, a 1531 (c16/Plus4) Datasette drive, and the Plus/4 itself. If anyone wants, let me know. :)
  6. D

Just a C128 idea I was pondering...

We all know that the C128 has the C64 built in, and the actual startup system is run by the Z80 in it. But I wonder... If it has a C64 mode, is it possible, or even feasible to consider adding additional modes, such as the C16 and VIC-20 modes to it? It's nothing I'm willing to undertake until...
  7. D

General question - old-timey monitors.

I have a question. Now, you all have helped me a great deal recently, and I hate to be a constant pest. Over the past 20-plus years, I've devoted myself to straight "standard PC" hardware and architecture. Recently, as you may know, I've begun accumulating a lot of those oldies I used to use...
  8. D

Attention! Wanted 2 weeks from now...CBM & IIe

In 2 weeks, my next payday, I'm going to need to purchase the following items. Not now, because I already have a previous commitment that will complete my "PC" systems. But in 2 weeks, I'm prepared to offer up to half my paycheck for the following items - but if it comes over that, it'll be...
  9. D

Anyone have use for a 386DX-25 Mobo?

Comes with a Cyrix FPU and 1MB (4x256KB sticks) Got a 33MHz equivalent, don't really need it anymore. Any reasonable offer takes it. I'll toss in a 386DX-33 CPU, also spare. Will be willing to trade out too, for example, I need a few tested working ISA sound cards.
  10. D

My generational computer collection...

These are the machines I plan to build. The names in quotes are the Network names of the machines. 1) Intel Core-i7 EE 4.0GHz QC-HT S1337 6GB-TC DDR3-2000 Super-Tower System: "NEMESIS" - WinXPpro/VistaUE/Win7UE/UbuntuStudio 9 (x64) 2) Intel Pentium-EE 3.73GHz DC-HT S775 2GB-DC DDR2-1066...
  11. D

Quick question about x86 networking...

I have an ISA 16-bit 10/100mbps Ethernet 3C515-TX card. Tried Googling, but didn't come up with much yet. Anyone know if a 386 can handle 10/100? Um, I goofed. Can this be moved to hardware? :)
  12. D

VESA (VLB) card needed

I have 2 video cards, an SCSI card, and 2 IDE-I/O cards, all VESA. Does anyone have any other cards, like VLB Ethernet or something else? See, I got the motherboards I want on the way, now I'm looking to populate them.
  13. D

Compaq DL-380 G1 Rack Server up for grabs

Got one in mint condition, but it's too big and cumbersome for me to keep. Besides, I don't have a rack to put it in. 1> 3U height. 2> 5x18.4GB UWSCSI hot-swap hard drives, 2 set up in mirror, 3 not installed. Win2K Pro installed (for testing to make sure it was fine, will be wiped when...
  14. D

Wanted: 80486DX/4-100 AT board

My requirement is kind of tricky. It can be with or without CPU, but set up for an Intel DX/4-100. The CPU I plan to use in it I already have, but if it comes with one, so much the better. Gotta be one of those newer combo PCI/VLB motherboards. And have a good battery in it. It would be nice if...
  15. D

Yet another functional XT (clone)

Just got given one that runs like a champ. Has 256k, 20meg hard drive (MFM) a 5.25" and 3.5". They'd put a 16-bit VGA card in it, but it runs fine. JDR Microdevices (www.jdr.com) made the thing WAY back. I remember that company when I was in high school. Prices were outrageous (still are) but...
  16. D

Building your own PC from scratch (?)

Has anyone ever considered the idea, be it in the past or recently, of building a complete computer system for themselves from scratch? I don't mean a dedicated single-purpose, or limited function machine. I mean something along the lines of an Atari, a (later) Commodore, or even something as...
  17. D

Concurrent CP/M 86

Was this designed to run on PCs and compatibles? For example, can I run it on my tower here? Or is it for a specific kind of computer? I found it at that VetusWare site.
  18. D

Found a 5162-285 Mobo on eBay

Guy wants $72 for it, tho. I remember seeing someone desparately wanting one, so check it out. (No pic, but decent guarantee against DOA.) #250227994559 He's got 22 available. The Hog. :) Err....Make that 5162-286 rather. Typoed.
  19. D

RAM memory testers?

Does anyone nowadays sell or make RAM testers? I don't mean individual kinds. I'm looking to see if there's a universal console of some kind that tests DIPs, SIMMs, SIPs, all up to PC133 SDRAM sticks. Any ideas anyone?
  20. D

YEEHAW! Just got a 5150 offa fleaBay.

Monitor, keyboard, main unit with 2 cards making 640k. Monochrome, tho. Original stuff, all of it. <grinz wickedly> Now how to modify that... JUST KIDDING! I ain't touching this thing for anything, except with IBM parts to add. I promise!
Back