• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Compaq Portable 286 ROMS

Hello! I've been working on a Compaq Portable 286, I decided it would be a good idea to dump the ROMS and share them.
  2. S

Dragon Systems Speech Board 320

I just found this board in a computer from eBay. It's a Dragon Systems Speech Board 320. Most of the chips have a 1987 date code. Unfortunately the old Conner 40MB hard drive that was in the machine seems to have failed, so whatever software was used with it is likely lost. If anybody has...
  3. S

MQTT client for DOS

I had an idea this morning that made me think about MQTT on a vintage PC. Does anybody know if an MQTT client has been written for DOS? It seems like the sort of thing that would fit nicely with the mTCP suite. I did a bit of digging and came up with little. It does seem like it might be...
  4. S

Import 40Pin IDE to CF adapter prevents computer from booting - FIX

When working on an SLT/286, I found that an import CF adapter would prevent it from booting, to the point it wouldn't even start the memory test. Troubleshooting steps included removing the CF card, unplugging power from the adapter, and finally unplugging the adapter from the ribbon cable. I...
  5. S

Import 40Pin IDE to CF adapter prevents computer from booting - FIX

When working on an SLT/286, I found that one of those import CF adapters would prevent it from booting, to the point it wouldn't even start the memory test. Troubleshooting steps included removing the CF card, unplugging power from the adapter, and finally unplugging the adapter from the ribbon...
  6. S

Converting ATX to AT PSU

I did a little bit of digging last night on this topic, since I have an upcoming project where I would like to power an AT motherboard. I found that the ATX V1.0 spec apparently includes the -5V line, but the V2.0 removes it. I also noticed that the cheap adapters seem to include the wire in...
  7. S

Compaq SLT/386 or SLT/286 Power Supply Pinout

I've worked out enough of the pinout to get the laptop running with a third party power supply. I don't have a good battery, so I wasn't able to really determine what the battery sense terminals do, or see what things look like when charging. I can dig in a little later after I build a...
  8. S

WANTED: Compaq SLT 386s or 286 Power Supply

Hello! I've worked out enough of the pinout to get the laptop running with a third party power supply. I don't have a good battery, so I wasn't able to really determine what the battery sense terminals do, or see what things look like when charging. I can dig in a little later after I build a...
  9. S

Compaq SLT/286 4MiB Memory

An update: I didn't get any replies, so I forged ahead! Here's what I came up with. It's at the fab now!
  10. S

Compaq Portable III RF Shield

One of my many projects is a Compaq Portable III. I'm currently reassembling it after a thorough cleaning. There is a cardboard RF shield around the video controller and the modem/ram expansion area. On my copy this has deteriorated due to moisture exposure. Is this a piece that can be...
  11. S

Compaq SLT/286 4MiB Memory

Hello, I'm looking for some high resolution pictures of the 4MiB memory modules for the SLT/286 for a reverse engineering project. I've already got a 1MiB module RE'd, but there are three pins on the edge connector that are not connected. I'd like to see which ones are connected on the larger...
Back