• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. V

Commodore Amiga A1200 power supply pinout

@modem7 You're right, I even didn't though of google for that, thx !
  2. V

Commodore Amiga A1200 power supply pinout

Hi everyone, I got an old Commodore Amiga A1200 but I have no power supply to test it. I know it is +/-12V and +/-5V, and I have that kind of power supply in my stuffs. I found a power supply connector, but I don't know the pinout. Does anyone with a similar model (A500/A600/A1200) could tell me...
  3. V

Toshiba T5200C inverter repair

update : transistor changed again, the screen turned on ! I got a corrupted screen, mostly white with some colored lines, then the screen suddenly turned black, I powered off the machine, removed and put back the screen, now I got same as previously with the power cutoff after few seconds, but I...
  4. V

Then, after re-checking the transistor I changed, I can say that it is faulty again. I'll re-replace it, just in case I did something wrong in the first place, but as you say @daver2 it could be the result of something else going faulty. I can't see anything else damaged on the card, I checked...
  5. V

Bad news : after replacing the burned transistor, the machine doesn't works back :/ the fans and leds turns on for few seconds, then the power cut off (I assume it is a security cut off by the power supply unit). When I turn on with the screen removed, the machine starts normally (at least it...
  6. V

Identify an old 4MB memory expansion module

@itsvince725 Thanks for the confirmation :) Thanks to all for your contribution.
  7. V

@krebizfan I think you're right, I found that picture on the compaq SLT 386 manual, it looks like the memory module I have. It would be great if someone is able to confirm that.
  8. V

@krebizfan Dimensions of the module : length : 9.6cm (about 3.78 inch), width : 4cm (about 1.57 inch). @twolazy It seems similar but I count 22 pins on each side of my module, 30 pins on yours, the I assume mine is not for SLT 286, but maybe for SLT 386, we'll see !
  9. V

Hi everyone, I got that old 4MB memory expansion module and I try to identify for what machine it works with. The only thing I think I know is that it is for Compaq laptop. Any information you could have is welcome :) Thanks.
  10. V

@kerr @daver2 Ohh thank you so much, yes it is that one, I'll try to replace it now and hope to see that old machine works again! Thanks for your time and your research :)
  11. V

Compaq Portable III and RAM above 640K

Then at the end I assume it is not possible without the expansion card thanks everyone for your contribution :)
  12. V

Identify a Kingston old memory expansion credit card format for Toshiba laptop

Hi everyone, I got that old 4MB memory expansion card and I try to identify for what machine it works with. The only thing I know is that it is for Toshiba laptop. It looks like memory expansion card for T1900/T4500/T4600 series but the connector is not the same (holes in 2 lines for those...
  13. V

Hi, thanks for your answer, yes I have that diagnostic floppy and I tried to change things around memory, no results, that's why I was wondering if it is even possible.
  14. V

Hi everyone, I have an old Compaq Portable III with 640K internal RAM and no RAM extension card. The 640K internal RAM comes from 2*256K SIMM modules + 128 soldered on the motherboard. I found on my closet 2*1MB SIMM modules that seems to work with that Compaq, but it only detects 640K instead...
  15. V

@kerr Thanks a lot, if possible please send pictures of both sides of that board, and the references of the 4 transistors I can see in the picture, maybe I could find similarities between orange plasma version and color one and deduce the kind of transistor burned on mine (very low probability...
  16. V

486 motherboard doesn't boot

Hi everyone, and thanks for your suggestions. I finally changed the keyboard controller chip I was suspecting to be faulty, no change. I already tried with another (identical) CPU and RAM, nothing. I know the AT PSU works correctly too. I'll precise the behaviour : when I turn on the computer...
  17. V

CMOS checked on another motherboard, it works perfectly. I have no more clue and no idea on what I can do next :unsure:, any suggestion welcome :)
  18. V

Hi, I'm still not sure about the real signification of those codes because of different signification it could have depending of the bios version/age. I checked everything on another working machine, everything is working properly, CPU, memory, video card. I tried with different ones of each, no...
  19. V

Hi, then I installed a new battery, and tried to boot again, with or without the keyboard controller chip, no change. But after some time (around 1min), the 0D-0C code on POST card turns to 00-0D. I'm a bit lost about the signification of those codes, and there is nothing about it on the...
  20. V

Hi everyone, new round :) I have that old 486 motherboard from the PC of my childhood, but it doesn't seems to work anymore. It was working, and one day for no particular reasons it just doesn't boot again. It was stored for years on a closet, and now I'm trying to restart it. I removed the...
Back