• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. V

Commodore Amiga A1200 power supply pinout

Hi everyone, I got an old Commodore Amiga A1200 but I have no power supply to test it. I know it is +/-12V and +/-5V, and I have that kind of power supply in my stuffs. I found a power supply connector, but I don't know the pinout. Does anyone with a similar model (A500/A600/A1200) could tell me...
  2. V

Identify an old 4MB memory expansion module

Hi everyone, I got that old 4MB memory expansion module and I try to identify for what machine it works with. The only thing I think I know is that it is for Compaq laptop. Any information you could have is welcome :) Thanks.
  3. V

Identify a Kingston old memory expansion credit card format for Toshiba laptop

Hi everyone, I got that old 4MB memory expansion card and I try to identify for what machine it works with. The only thing I know is that it is for Toshiba laptop. It looks like memory expansion card for T1900/T4500/T4600 series but the connector is not the same (holes in 2 lines for those...
  4. V

Compaq Portable III and RAM above 640K

Hi everyone, I have an old Compaq Portable III with 640K internal RAM and no RAM extension card. The 640K internal RAM comes from 2*256K SIMM modules + 128 soldered on the motherboard. I found on my closet 2*1MB SIMM modules that seems to work with that Compaq, but it only detects 640K instead...
  5. V

486 motherboard doesn't boot

Hi everyone, new round :) I have that old 486 motherboard from the PC of my childhood, but it doesn't seems to work anymore. It was working, and one day for no particular reasons it just doesn't boot again. It was stored for years on a closet, and now I'm trying to restart it. I removed the...
  6. V

Identify where to plug external battery on 486 motherboard

Hi, I got that old 486 motherboard, it seems working (at least it turns on) but I got a Low Battery error at launch. And actually there is no battery on the motherboard, and no place for an internal/soldered one. I assume I should plug an external one to it, but I'm unable to find where ! Most...
  7. V

Zenith Data Systems zfl-181-92 repair

Hi, my old Zenith Data Systems zfl-181-92 is not working anymore. Time takes its toll :( When I plug the power supply or the battery and try to start it, the low power led is blinking, and there is a burned component smell. I disassembled it, and I can see 2 small resistances that looks burned...
  8. V

Toshiba T5200C inverter repair

Hi, my old Toshiba T5200C burned today. Disassembled, the issue seems to be on the inverter card. One transistor is burned, and I'm unable to identify it for replacement because the references burned with the component, I only have the first character : J. Could someone please check on its own...
  9. V

Compaq Portable III capacitors repair

Hi, I powered my old compaq portable III for the first time for years, and bad surprise : electrical sounds and smoke... I quickly unplugged the machine power supply and have disassembled it : burned capacitors. So I'm now checking with a multimeter all capacitors on the mainboard in order to...
Back