• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

Wanted 5.25in floppy drive head cleaner kit

Hi, I have just got a Compaq portable and as the 5.25inch disk drives are 33 years old probably could do with a clean, dose any one have a 5.25 disk head cleaner kit for sale? A UK seller best to keep postage down. Thanks
  2. R

Wanted used/blank 5.25 floppy disks from uk

Hi, I have just got a Compaq portable and need some floppy disks to get it going, the computer needs 5.25 inch double density 360k disks, used disks are fine, UK seller best to keep postage cost down, need 10 or 20. Thanks
  3. R

Building a PDP-8 straight 8!

you can see the different size on pins on the DEC sockets
  4. R

H808 and H8030 DEC sockets, see how much wider the H808 pins are!
  5. R

wide flip chip wire wraping boards, H3006 8-line EIA panel, and 26 flip chip spacers, what are flip chip spacers used for?
  6. R

How were PDP-8 networked?

how were pdp8's in the same computer room networked, in the 1960 and 1970s? was is just rs232 or custom bus adapters?
  7. R

margin switches margin switches I found some Stackpole switches that look like the margin switches in the straight 8 but are double pole, I got a pack of 30 in case! they are rated at 0.5 amps at 125v. I could wire the poles together to make it more reliable, but how close are they to the...
  8. R

Need help moving data from 8inch disks, free disks!

I have been offered a load of about 100 mixed 8 inch disks for nothing! if I can get the data off them? I dont have an 8 inch disk drive setup and dont need 100 disks for my project. the guy with the disks and me are in the UK so is any one interested?
  9. R

How much hard disk space needed for MP/M?

I have a custom S-100 bus computer in storage, I remember it only has some boards in a wooden box, no crt, keyboard, or power supply, or disk drive, but as I can now get a new S-100 IDE controller and put a CF card on it, how much space is best? I have read that CP/M MP/M has a max size of...
  10. R

What is the fastest 486 upgrade chip?

what is the fastest 486 upgrade chip that will go in any 486 socket? I have so far found AMD 586 133mhz Evergreen Technologies 586 upgrade chip is there any faster in mhz or larger cache?
  11. R

Did any 8080 based S-100 cards use DMA?

looking for info on 8080 based S-100 cards that use DMA?
  12. R

Is there an ethernet S-100 card?

Is there an ethernet S-100 card? As it would be useful to have ethernet in an S-100 bus computer!
  13. R

Has any one used an ENIAC on a chip kit?

I have been looking for ENIAC on a chip kit on and off since I found out about it in 2002 when I was in college, it is such a cool peace of kit to have your own working ENIAC, but I have not seen one for sale or read about one being used? has any one got the kit up and running? and if so I...
  14. R

Online PDP-8 programming courses?

Any one know of any online PDP8 programming courses? I have read online that a lot of high school/collage/university's up until fairly recently had PDP-8 programming courses, as the PDP-8 is a basic computer with many emulators, I have some DEC books from the 1960 70's that cover the pdp8 but I...
  15. R

How do I wire wrap used back planes to build a pdp8 straight 8?

I have found some great info, it looks like the PDP11 and posibably others have manufacturing failures problem that can show up with use and age, as oxidized or contaminated pins where used on the backplane, so the solder did not stick to all of them, so I will inspect and test my backplane...
  16. R

What wire gauge is used in PDP11 or PDP12 backplane?

I have some used PDP11 or PDP12 backplane parts, and want to reuse them to build a pdp8, dose any one know the wire gauge originally used or could send me a sample of 20 to 30 usa gauge silver coated wire wrapping wire to compare? or I can post a sample of the wire I have taken off?
  17. R

Needed for treasure hunt near Minneapolis for clipped PDP flip chip boards

I am slowly building a PDP8 straight 8 and have found an old post about a large stack of DEC flip chips with the gold edge connector clipped off! I think I can fit a new gold edge connector to the old flip chip, and if not then at least I could move the components to new flip chip pcb's, but...
  18. R

What cheap/junk computer/terminal to be used in a dusty room as a terminal for PDP8?

I am working on building a pdp8 straight 8, and one thing it will do is run a CNC router, the pdp8 will not be in the same room as the wood dust would not be good for it! but I will need a terminal by the CNC router, I dont want to risk vintage hardware like a vt100, so what common cheap...
  19. R

How to reformat DEC RL02 diskpacks?

has anyone worked how to reformat DEC RL02 diskpacks?
  20. R

Info needed on USSR Soviet Ferrite Core Memory?

I am planning to build a lot of core memory for my pdp8 straight project, so I got a Soviet core memory, its 36X36 so probably 1296 bits or 1k bit or 162k byte (if 8bit) the cores are in great condition and would probably work, it has 4 wires per core? and the circuit board that comes with it...
Back