• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

PLA - PLS100N vs PLS100F

- thanks for the chuckle here LOL I've been down this road a couple of times myself ;) haha
  2. N

PLA - PLS100N vs PLS100F

I don't mind having a dedicated laptop for the TopMax since I use the same O/S and parallel port for other legacy systems such as my Alps ribbon printers. I take advantage of its portability :) I don't mix and match JEDECs and burners so fortunately I've never encountered an issue with...
  3. N

PLA - PLS100N vs PLS100F

Hi Dave - I use a TopMax for legacy chips. It can be inconvenient to pull out the laptop running XP and use of the parallel port though, so I also use a TL866ii Plus. I also built a HVEprom programmer for fun which I use for higher voltage chips like 270X/TMS2716/MCM6876X...
  4. N

PLA - PLS100N vs PLS100F

AliExpress can be interesting to deal with. In this case I'm purchasing what's left of someone's inventory which is NOS so I'm not worried about it. I've had mixed results on AliExpress and Alibaba but have always received full refunds when necessary. Only twice have I ever had to initiate a...
  5. N

PLA - PLS100N vs PLS100F

Thank you Riccardo - I am having them send me a sample. I also want to make sure they are empty. It's always hit and miss with that. I'll let you know. -Alex
  6. N

PLA - PLS100N vs PLS100F

Not sure where the best place to post my question but here goes I've been burning my own PLA's using PLS100N chips. A supplier has some PLS100F chips. Is there any difference between PLS100N and PLS100F? They seem to share the same datasheets. The F is ceramic and the N is epoxy/plastic Is...
  7. N

PLS100N vs PLS100N

Not sure where the best place to post my question but here goes Is there any difference between PLS100N and PLS100F? They seem to share the same datasheets. The F is ceramic and the N is epoxy/plastic Is that the only difference? If so, I would assume they are interchangeable and can be...
  8. N

California Wanted: TEC FB-501 or TEC FB-503 floppy drive

Thank you - yes I did find a few FB-501s that helped me even convert an SD-1 to an SD-2! :) If you have that FB-501 just laying around though, I may be interested in taking it off your hands - shoot me a price in PM I'm located in Oregon 97527 if you want to calculate shipping :)
  9. N

California Wanted: TEC FB-501 or TEC FB-503 floppy drive

The Bondwell is probably rarer than the drives themselves :) LOL!
  10. N

My Computer Obsession

Thank you for that. I'm going to save your URL. :) I actually have a lot of files for the 128B that I downloaded from zimmers. I don't have an issue breaking up D80 files. I use DirMaster in Windows As I mentioned, I put this aside due to time constraints, but my initial thought was to dump...
  11. N

My Computer Obsession

Wow - good eye :) That would be my Commodore B128 - all original in working condition - one of the few computers I never had to fix/restore. I got it "untested" as i typically buy, but it turned out to be fully functional. I was going to attach one of the MSD drives to it via IEEE interface to...
  12. N

My Computer Obsession

Well, as you see I have an affinity for certain year B-Bodies - my Impala Bubbletop can attest to that - love the Biscayne, Bel Air even the Olds Eighty-Eight :) But alas - I have a frame-off in progress so I'd rather stay focused on the '71 I'm after than get too highly distracted. Would love...
  13. N

My Computer Obsession

well ... I always keep room for one more car, just in case LOL! :) 1971 Cuda has been on my hit list for a while now ;)
  14. N

My Computer Obsession

I restore (well, resto-mod) old vehicles (1937 Ford Coupe, 1956 Ford F100, 1961 Chevy Impala, 1969 Chevy Chevelle) but still keep some current ones as well (Tesla Model S P85D, 70th Anniv C8 Stingray) - I unfortunately stow away cars like I do computers. Don't want to turn this into a car show...
  15. N

My Computer Obsession

I thought F150s were "Ford Tough"? ;) This is why I have Chevy crate 350s in my '56 Ford F100 and my '37 Ford Coupe ;) lol - sorry ... couldn't resist nudging the Ford guys haha
  16. N

My Computer Obsession

LOL - ok, I have to confess - I don't cook - I have a smart oven (www.tovala.com) ;)
  17. N

Can someone Help Me With This Card?

LOL well I just turned 60 and been in this since I was 14! Growing up in L.A. and being tech passionate, it was easy to mix it up with some of the pioneers. Also makes it easy to recognize the OG such as yourself! So, much respect to ya! ;)
  18. N

My Computer Obsession

Yes, but on the other hand, I would hope you have more time to enjoy the beautiful outdoors :) It's all a matter of perspective - these are just toys - life itself has more meaning. Enjoy it! :) (sorry to get so philosophical)
  19. N

The more I read about him and interacting with Gaby, the more I appreciated the amount of time he dedicated to the community (as you do with your amazing depth of knowledge here!). :)
  20. N

Yep - you did - Mr. Maslin's email validates your suggestion :) Also, interestingly enough, I found BYAD had software catering to stock brokerage houses (I really did pour a ton of time into this before I came to my senses! LOL!)
Back