• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. bolex

Wangco Model 82 Microfloppy Flexible Disc Drive (Siemens FDD 100-5) Operation and Maintenance Manual

The bitsavers one is quite a bit newer. A later revision perhaps. The Wangco manual I uploaded is 106 pages. The bitsavers one has 88 pages.
  2. bolex

Wangco Model 82 Microfloppy Flexible Disc Drive (Siemens FDD 100-5) Operation and Maintenance Manual

I just scanned and uploaded this manual to the IA.
  3. bolex

Floppy Drives with Dual Index and WP Sensors

I'll add Wangco to the list. Thanks! It looks like the Wangco 82 and Siemens FDD 100-5 are the same drive.
  4. bolex

Floppy Drives with Dual Index and WP Sensors

I've been looking to add a few floppy drives to the collection and I'm specifically looking for single sided Shugart interface style drives that had dual index and write protect sensors so that the flip side of the disk could also be used. The two drives that I know did this are the Siemens...
  5. bolex

What is this? Post Photos of Mystery Items Here (vintage computers only)

I found this small write-up in a 1979 Byte Magazine. It looks like it just gives some intelligent session capability to a dumb terminal session.
  6. bolex

What is this? Post Photos of Mystery Items Here (vintage computers only)

Anyone know anything about this Diskwriter by August Systems or Hands-On Terminals? I picked this up on eBay last week because I thought it might be some interesting shoebox CP/M computer, but this seems a bit different. . 8080 Processor, 8K of RAM and a single sided floppy drive with a...
  7. bolex

Amdek AMDISK III 3" floppy Disk Drive User Manual

I uploaded the user manual for the Amdisk III to the IA a few days back.
  8. bolex

Leading Edge Fortiva 5000 System Users Manual

Thanks! I appreciate the appreciation! :-)
  9. bolex

Searching for IBM S/23 Datamaster users

It is interesting that you could only get that disk to work. I did make some disks for someone a few months back and that was the only disk that they could get working as well. Maybe there are just a bunch of bad disk images out there.
  10. bolex

Tandy 1000RSX

This site says that there is 1MB onboard.
  11. bolex

Cleaning products

Just wear a mask and keep 5 feet from the table.
  12. bolex

How to write a floppy disk from an image file on a Compaq Portable III?

I did get a stash of Compaq disks that I uploaded to archive.org a few weeks ago. You might want to see if any of those disks are what you are looking for. Maybe a different image would work. If not, I would be glad to make and send you the disks.
  13. bolex

How to write a floppy disk from an image file on a Compaq Portable III?

I would try to write the images using Dave Dunfield's ImageDisk. I've found these instructions on winworldPC to be very helpful in converting the IMG file to IMD.
  14. bolex

Southwest WTB: Teac FD-54B 5.25" drive for Parts

I have a non-working FD-54B-02-U that I would really like to get working. I was hoping someone had a non-working one I can purchase for parts. I think these were commonly used in the Tandy 1000's. Mine seems to function, but it's missing the head lift plate so the head won't lift off the...
  15. bolex

Reliable 15KHz capable RGB LED panels.

I had a real struggle finding a good 15khz LCD. You're right, I think the list of models that are out there are questionable at best. I ended up buying one of these testing devices on eBay and then hit a few local thrift stores and quickly found a few that worked. I needed them for an...
  16. bolex

Anyone recognize this 1987 NCR industrial PC?

Maybe this article can give some clues to the other OEM's that they probably used.
  17. bolex

Yep. I should have dug deeper. Personics of redwood CIty vs. Personics of Wilmington. Two very different companies.
  18. bolex

Probably unrelated, but I did archive a Personics Monarch Demo disk from 1994 the other day.
  19. bolex

New England Barn find glass TTY/terminal

It's a Behive B100. Beehive was based out of Salt Lake City. I picked up a few of the keyboards not too long ago locally.
Back