• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. thenzero

Apple Monitor Stand

The stands are ridiculously priced so I combined two of my hobbies and made my own :) Only question now is... stain or paint?
  2. thenzero

Programming a PALCE22V10?

I feel kind of dumb here. Went to order a GAL22V10 from Jameco and instead ended up with a Cypress PALCE22V10 (see here). As far as I can tell from the datasheet this should be a drop in replacement for the GAL22V10. However, it doesn't appear in the list of chips in the software for my...
  3. thenzero

Best term program

Oh trusted advisors, lend me your wisdom! What’s your favorite/the best term program for connecting over serial to modems, other computers, etc (Apple IIe with SSC). Edit to clarify my poorly worded question: I would like recommendations to run on the Apple IIe for connecting out to other...
  4. thenzero

Gateway 2000 Hard drive woes

I've got what feels like a pretty stupid problem. I'm trying to exchange the (working) Caviar 1210 in my Gateway 2000 4dx-33 with some kind of modern drive. First I tried compact flash, today I tried a DOM. Neither seem to work. I feel like I'm probably doing something obvious and stupid but I...
  5. thenzero

Apple IIe DIY Serial Card?

I'm curious what ya'll think about this idea. The Super Serial cards are really expensive on eBay currently so I'm looking around and thinking about alternatives. Here is what I've been mulling the last few days. Looking for general opinions as well as specific technical references to help...
  6. thenzero

Term Program for Hayes Micromodem IIe?

Can anyone recommend a terminal program that works with the Micromodem IIe? I've tried various "Hayes" branded term programs I found but none seems to work. ProTerm 3.1 apparently removed support for the older modems including the Micromodem IIe. ProTerm 2.2 supposedly works with it, but just...
  7. thenzero

Ad from MacWorld, Nov 1989

[No message]
  8. thenzero

Northgate Computers SlimLite Troubleshooting

Getting back around to this project, need some help or ideas… Trying to resurrect this bad boy. The computer boots, beeps and the backlight comes on but no characters on the screen. Status lights (num lock, capslock, scroll lock) respond appropriately to keyboard input. The hard drive is...
  9. thenzero

#%?!&$@ windows

I gotta rant for a second… My parents called me with a computer issue. Their computer had slowed to a crawl and Windows was warning that their 1TB hard drive was full, but they couldn’t locate more than two hundred gigabytes or so of files. So I went over and had a look and was as dumbfounded...
  10. thenzero

Apple IIe on eBay

Not mine but seems like a very good deal for eBay. No disk drives included but looks like it has a couple of cards. Appears to have the Enhanced sticker on the keyboard. Stated to be tested and working, although there are no actual pictures to that effect. https://www.ebay.com/itm/184926971992
  11. thenzero

WTB: Vintage Intel 486 Overdrive DX2ODP66 CPU

This is the 486 dx2 odp (pga169) overdrive upgrade chip for the 486. I’m in the southeastern US.
  12. thenzero

Apple IIe front power control?

What are the options for controlling the power switch from the front? My desk is getting kinda crowded and it’s hard to get to the switch on the back. ideas so far: -use a power strip for power control -move the power supply out of the case -using a power relay with a switch None of them are...
  13. thenzero

RAM for Compaq Deskpro 4/25is (486sx)

Anybody know what kind of ram this thing takes, or have the manual for it?
  14. thenzero

Ad from “Your Computer” February 1986

[No message]
  15. thenzero

Hard drive preservation

Thinking about this today as I’m about to replace yet another fully working hard drive in one of my machines with a cf card. What steps do y’all take to preserve your old hard drives? Do you spin them up once a year (or more frequently?) in an external enclosure to keep them alive? Something...
  16. thenzero

WTB: mouse card for Apple //e

I’m looking for a mouse card for an Apple //e. Looking to do a project to create a new card that interfaces to a modern mouse and need the original for verification and reverse engineering as well as general testing. I’m in the southeast (middle Georgia area) if that’s relevant. Thanks!
  17. thenzero

Recommendations for Apple //e mouse?

Apart from spending big bucks on eBay for a mouse interface card, any ideas on how to get a mouse on my Apple //e? I haven’t found any after market mouse cards (although I did find the schematics for the original…). Thoughts?
  18. thenzero

Reactive micro enhanced sticker

I got the enhanced kit from reactive micro for my //e. It was stated to come with the enhanced sticker but included what appears to be simply paper. Anybody know how to apply this “sticker”? I looked on their wiki but didn’t see anything.
  19. thenzero

Apple //e joystick playing arkanoid

A video of me playing arkanoid on my Apple //e using my home made joystick as requested. https://youtu.be/r5zP9DS_8LE
  20. thenzero

Apple IIe sticky delete key

My delete key has started sticking in the down position somewhat often. I tried spraying a little deoxit down the stem but it didn’t really help. I’m assuming I need to desolder the key switch and clean it or maybe replace the spring (?). Any advice? Should I just replace the switch altogether?
Back