• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

What available OS can read IRIX CDs?

I am trying to load a set of IRIX cds on a spare system to get a network install going to a SGI workstation. I have heard that there are linux drivers for the EFS filesystem in existance, but they don't seem to be included on modern distros. I've tried NetBSD and the current Ubuntu so far and...
  2. S

Not Mine: ST-251 drive + controller on shop goodwill

I just saw this with just over an hour left on the auction: http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Vintage-Seagate-ST-251-43MB-Hard-Drive--Extras-6815618.html I don't really have a need for it, but I thought one of y'all might. Wish I had seen and posed it sooner as it ends shortly.
  3. S

Going full circle

This Christmas holiday (I took a whole week off to visit family back home), my brother in law gave me his old Tandy 1000 HX. This was pretty significant to me because it was on a Christmas may years ago that I got my 1000 HX, my first pc-compatible. It replaced the MC-10 I had. After getting...
  4. S

Programs that use Plantronics Graphics??

Hello, In my XT clone I have the Tandy "dual-video" card that is configurable for either mono or CGA. The unusual thing about this card is that it supports the Plantronics Colorplus 16 color modes on the CGA side. (why they include Colorplus support and not T1000 graphics, I have no idea)...
  5. S

The lost key

I have discovered that my Omnikey Plus keyboard that I use for my XT and T1000 has a problem. The 2 key on the numberpad does not register. It feels like it's working but does nothing. Is this something that can be somewhat easily repaired by rank amateurs like myself? I assume I could try to...
  6. S

Wanted: Trackstar

Looking for the Trackstar Apple II emulator board that was made by Diamond. It was in the Tandy catalog for awhile, that is where I first remember hearing of it. I'd like to put one of these in my TL/2 or XT and take down two formats with one system.
  7. S

TL/2 Floppy drives

I have just recently acquired a somewhat dirty but otherwise decent 1000 TL/2. The 3.5" works ok, but the 5.25" doesn't work so good. I've run a cleaning disk on it and it still can't read or write without errors. Is there any other maintence I can try (maybe some 3in1 oil?)? Failing that...
  8. S

XT IDE drive in modern PC??

I'm guessing the answer to this is no, but is it at all possible to access an old WD "XT-IDE" drive from a hardcard in a modern PC? I made an attempt at it but the BIOS will not recognize it as being there. It sure would be convenient to be able to load it up with DOS and programs straight from...
  9. S

8-bit I/O card

I am looking at getting this for my XT: http://store.ramplus.com/gcadmuiococa.html Does that look like a good deal to ya'll? I was thinking that with this and a newish DOS that I could have a 1.2 and a 1.44 drive in my XT clone. Am I right?
  10. S

What is this Coco?

I noticed this on the ebay: click What is up with this model? I looks like a regular 4k coco, but in black. Was this something special? Edit: waitaminute, taking a closer look at the pictures, I think this is a normal one that was just painted black. An early example of a case mod?
  11. S

Shiny new XT clone!

We just moved to a new house with a little shed for me and all my "projects". So, I have started to get into all the stuff I had in storage which includes a never finished "barebone" XT clone. I picked it up a few years ago when a local PC maker, Softek, finally gave up. They had this thing...
  12. S

hello from Alabama

Hello all. I found this forum while searching for some information and thought I would be a good idea to sign up and talk about my collection with someone who isn't rolling thier eyes. I've got a small collection of largely incomplete systems, but I plan to complete them soon. Mostly interested...
Back