• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

SCELBI/8008 Digital Group Video Software available for download

I've put up on my website a new MCMON (a tiny 256 byte monitor for the 8008) that supports SCELBI keyboard interface input and Digital Group Video card out. I also have a port of SCELBI hangman with the same drivers embedded with it. Links to webpages with downloads follow...
  2. M

Brain Board Gerber files released for download

Since I'm no longer making or selling Brain Boards, I've made the Gerber files and CAD files available for download from my website. This board has been cloned by a few different folks, but if you want to make one, it's easier than ever. http://www.willegal.net/appleii/brainboard.htm I'm...
  3. M

New 8008 Related Software Released

Three 8008 items are now available and downloadable from my website. My OS/X SCELBI app has been updated with a Scopewriter interface. The latest version is free: http://www.willegal.net/scelbi/scelbiapp.html A new version of the 256 byte 8008 monitor - MCMON - that runs with SCELBI keyboard...
  4. M

Digital Group Video Card Availability?

Couple of questions related to this video card that was initially designed for the Mark-8, but also used with other systems, such as the SCELBI. I'm interested in having one to go with my growing array of SCELBI peripheral devices. 1) Does anyone have or know of one that may be for sale? 2)...
  5. M

Repro SCELBI interfaced with Popular Electronics Scopewriter and ASCII keyboard

This is something that was done back in the day and I felt that I had to recreate this combination of devices. I also have a little 256 byte monitor hacked together. The monitor supports reading and writing memory and executing programs through normal keyboard input. These add ons turn the...
  6. M

SCELBI 8B with Oscilloscope Interface Demonstration Video

The following link will lead you to a video showing off many of the components of a SCELBI 8B with audio tape, keyboard and oscilloscope interface. It starts with a description of each individual module. Then the components are all “hooked up”. The systems is powered up and some of the...
  7. M

SCELBI Oscilloscope/Keyboard Interface Updates

sorry in advance for cross posting so much I've been busy getting ready for the upcoming VCF east event and I'm really excited about what I'll be able to show this year. I'll show a working SCELBI 8B connected to a oscilloscope and keyboard which are used as a terminal. A cassette tape...
  8. M

New Version (2.2) of Macintosh SCELBI/8008 Emulator Available

Sorry about cross posting all over the place, but I'm pretty excited about this version of my 8008 emulator. It's capabilities have finally caught up with the capabilities of a real SCELBI 8B. some notes on my blog http://www.willegal.net/blog/?p=7703 and a link to my 8008/SCELBI emulator...
  9. M

SCELBI 8B IDE Trial (Integrated Development Environment)

Since I have my SCELBI cassette interface working, I was able to take a trial run of the SCELBI integrated development environment otherwise known as MEA. This environment has a editor, assembler and debugger that is pretty smoothly integrated. I would say the editor is pretty clunky, even...
  10. M

8008 Parity Flag Behavior

Before I do too much digging, I figured I'd throw this question out there. Consider the following code fragment in the SCELBI tape driver. Register B is set to zero before this function is called. 38 77-052 044 017 NDI 017 39 77-054 201 ADB 40...
  11. M

8008 emulator/disassembler

Here is a link, http://www.willegal.net/scelbi/8008-disassembler.c, to the “C” language source for my 8008 debugger/disassembler. Though it has been a while since the code diverged, the core 8008 instruction emulator is essentially the same as used in my Macintosh OS/X app. Some of the output...
  12. M

8008 Mini Monitor and EPROM support for the SCELBI-8H

I just finished adding two new web pages to the 8008/SCELBI area of my website. Take a look, if you want to see what can be done with 256 bytes in an 8008 and how to add a monitor and EPROM to your SCELBI-8H. http://www.willegal.net/scelbi/the8008andScelbi.html enjoy, Mike Willegal
  13. M

Reproduction SCELBI 8B prom board/MEA up and running- well almost

Almost, because I need to construct the cassette tape interface to make MEA completely functional. I'm also working on a TTY emulation package for the Apple II for those who can't find a real TTY or equivalent. Note that I don't believe that there are any original SCELBI 8B's in fully working...
  14. M

Reproduction SCELBI 8B Now Running SCELBAL

This has been a very long time coming. I don't believe that any surviving original SCELBI 8B's are capable of running SCELBAL, mostly due to SRAM issues. Heres a very poor quality video of it running. http://www.willegal.net/podcast10-11-14.mp4 Note that the versions of SCELBAL found on the...
  15. M

Reproduction SCELBI 8B PCBs on order and SCELBI registry close to going online

Some people have been asking for these for a couple of years. I hope the wait will be worth it for those people. I have memory expansion, 4K sram and the backplane PCBs on order. Combine those with the CPU, front panel, input and DBB cards that I already had made for the SCELBI 8H project...
  16. M

SCELBI 8H reproductions at VCF east

I expect that there will be two reproduction SCELBI 8H's running at VCF east this year. One of them will be running a 4K integer dialect of SCELBAL BASIC written by Mark Arnold, the creator of SCELBAL. Original SCELBIs are extrememly rare. Working ones, more so. There are only 2 known...
  17. M

SCELBI/8008 Web Pages Updated

Just finished an significant update of my SCELBI/8008 pages: I posted source and object of some interesting 8008 programs, including tiny SCELBAL - a new integer version of SCELBAL that will run in a 4K 8008 system. I also added a short write up by Mark Arnold that tells how he came to write...
  18. M

SCELBI 8H now running BASIC!

Thanks to Mark Arnold, who stripped down SCELBAL to the barest fundamental elements, I now have BASIC running on a reproduction SCELBI 8H with 4K of memory. As far as I know, BASIC hasn't been run on an 8H before. Mark, who created SCELBAL back in the mid 70′s calls his new stripped down...
  19. M

SCELBI reproduction project update

Just a quick update to those that are interested in the SCELBI reproduction project that I've been working on. My goal has been to get a basic set of SCELBI 8H PCBs laid out and fabricated by the end 2012. I'm not sure about having the boards in hand by the end of the year, but the layouts are...
  20. M

Mike's Hobby Podcast features the SCELBI this episode

Cameron Cooper and I discuss the SCELBI. feed://www.willegal.net/feed.xml or "Mike's Hobby Pages" podcast in itunes. enjoy, Mike Willegal
Back