• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Mitsumi vs. Hi-Tec keyboard?

Take a look at the "3" on the black keyboard. If it's a "flat top 3", then it's likely to be Hi-Tek or Stackpole. If it's rounded, then it's likely to be Alps or General Instrument. I say "likely" because there may have been even more versions of the keyboard.
  2. M

Beige is boring. Silver and black all the way. Pity I didn't have the TI turned on when I took the photo. Here is TI Burger Time on my other CRT:
  3. M

I'd sell both and get a silver/black one with Alps or General Instrument keyboard.
  4. M

Are computer museums 'bad'?

When he had too many multiples, he sold them during the open house - at very reasonable prices. I got a C64 in box for $20, a C128 in box with boxed 1571 for $50 and an SGI Indy with Indycams for $20. I think visiting the museum cost only $2 or something. He obviously wasn't in it for personal...
  5. M

What are the top 10 rarest vintage computer bits you own?

Well, there are at least 4 types of A500 keyboard, NMB "space invaders", Cherry MX black, and two variations of Mistumi. Maybe you have either NMB or Cherry. My A500 has C= on the case, but it's Mitsumi.
  6. M

What are the top 10 rarest vintage computer bits you own?

Nice! Is it hall effect SW or magnetic reed? The earliest Micro Switch I have is a keypad with 1SW11 switches from 45th week of 1970. I always wanted one of those. With the prices now, I might as well just get a PET. What exactly is a "chicken-lips keyboard"? Do you mean the Cherry MX black...
  7. M

Happy DEC-20 and Merry New PiDP!

No, I never heard of Steins;Gate. My problem involves trying to avert nuclear war in 2026. I'll check back in January. Thanks.
  8. M

Happy DEC-20 and Merry New PiDP!

I need one of these. (I can't tell you why because it might affect alternate future timelines.) Are these for sale?
  9. M

Ontario Nabu $300

Did you miss the part about it costing more to ship to Canada? There are Nabus for sale at this very moment, FROM THE ORIGINAL SELLER, which after shipping to Canada would cost $341.86 (CAD). Yeah, greed.
  10. M

Ontario Nabu $300

Yes, my $79 Nabu ended up around $215 CAD shipped.
  11. M

Need help! RCA woodgrain television from 1988 won't get off channel 91

There's still one working analogue TV station in my area. I don't know why it's still up. Sadly, there's nothing worth watching on it.
  12. M

Need help! RCA woodgrain television from 1988 won't get off channel 91

Nice TV! You need a wood grain VCR to go with it. On my TV, channel 91 is the A/V input.
  13. M

Wicat 150

I've been waiting decades to find out what keyboard was in the Wycat 150. Thanks for the photo!
  14. M

What do your happy places look like?

That "happy place" is sadly missing some vintage computers. (and also in a No Parking zone) My "somewhat happy place": I'm also reasonably happy in this room:
  15. M

Anyone else a member of PayPal who has lost access to thier funds in the past 2 days?

I must admit that I learned a few things from Jeff Varasano (who resides well within the "Pizza belt") - although he knows nothing of Canadian flour, which requires radical changes to his dough recipes.
  16. M

Anyone else a member of PayPal who has lost access to thier funds in the past 2 days?

How did this thread get to pizza? You want to see pizza? Well, do you... punk? I grew the oregano. I grew the tomatoes. I even grew the damn basil. OK... I didn't grow the cows that make the cheese... but it was local to my island, I swear! Now THIS is a pizza.
  17. M

I remember a website of computing history but can't find it

I saved the original pages of that site over 20 years ago. The ones I have (stored on my Amiga 500 drive) have a date of 1998. The link has changed, but thankfully the author put a redirect link. Ken Polsson has done a nice job to collect this information over the years. (y)
  18. M

:biggrin: Assuming you're not being sarcastic, I approve of this message and/or product. :p
  19. M

No, it doesn't. Around 2013, I did have a VOIP service with a cable modem that supported it, but when it got fried by a power failure they replaced it with one that didn't support it. I then got a rotary to dial tone converter, which worked for a while before something changed with the VOIP that...
Back