• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. dankcomputing

California WTB: QFP 68030-25

I'm after an SMT 68030. Must be at least 25 mhz, can still be attached to a junk board. I already have through-hole 030s of varying speeds, this is needed to resurrect a system. The situation with fakes on eBay and UTSource for these chips is catastrophic. It is now impossible to source one...
  2. dankcomputing

Anyone know about California's e-waste laws?

Since the deaths of Weird Stuff and Excess Solutions/HSC, the place the personal computer originated from, the literal Silicon Valley itself, has been without any real electronics junk store of any kind. You can get a small selection of new/NOS components at Santa Cruz Electronics, Anchor...
  3. dankcomputing

Bay Area Electronics Flea Market returns for 2023

From the website:
  4. dankcomputing

DTC-3153 SCSI card

I can't remember where I found this card, but it appears to be fairly late for an 8-bit ISA SCSI card. No boot ROM, which is fine, but there's no config jumpers either. Is the 2 PALs worth of glue logic even enough to implement Plug & Play? Maybe the controller chip itself has it. Or it's fixed...
  5. dankcomputing

Setting up the Vulcan hard drive controller on ][GS

An interesting thing about the Vulcan hard drive controller + PSU replacement combo for the IIGS is that it actually makes more sense to separate the PSU from the controller! With some creative rewiring, it's possible to put a SCSI drive inside the PSU replacement and run it off a SCSI...
  6. dankcomputing

Apple II Rev. C SCSI Card PALs

I have here an Apple IIGS that I've been trying to fix up for a friend. The SCSI card is busted, it basically acts like it isn't even plugged in. I was able to borrow another (Rev. C) SCSI card, and that works with the existing hard drive setup. By exchanging parts between the good card and the...
Back