• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

Mac-80 and friends under CP/M 2.2

Hi; I'm running CP/M under altair-z80 on a raspberry pi zero-w, accessed via putty. It runs great, and I have a very large collection of software. I'm in the process of building a BDOS library using Mac-80, Link-80 and Lib-80 and keep getting an "undefined global" error when linking against...
  2. P

Odd fortran problem in SVR3.2

I'm playing with the fortran (f77) compiler on an AT&T 3b2/600-G running SVR3.2.3 and have a problem. This program: program test read(5,10) x 10 format(f4.1) stop end compiles fine but throws an error every time: $...
  3. P

Desperately seeking SVR3.2 man pages

I don't remember if my old SVR3.2 systems had machine readable man pages... I think so, but the memory grows dim with age and the accompanying calcification of the brain. Anyway, I'm running said OS without man pages. Someone please have pity on me and make a tarball and email them to me...
  4. P

3B2, tape drive woes

I'll try to make a long and growing story short :) I have an AT&T 3B2/600-G up and running. It's a beautiful machine with 64MB, 2 processors, SCSI, and lots more. Everything works. It's booting the basic OS (SVR3.2.3) off a newish SCSI drive. But all I have on it is the core SVR3 OS. I have...
  5. P

Still looking for early SYSV

Hi all, I'm still looking for SVR3 and SVR2 to run on old Intel equipment. I have SVR4 and Seventh Edition running nicely today, and want to complete the "collection". If you have, or know where to find images or real disks of these things, please let me know. Cheers, Pitlog
  6. P

Dialup UUCP

I mentioned a while back that I wanted to try UUCP again after all these years. I've got an old system running System V UNIX and a modem, but I didn't want to use my real phone line (kids are on it all the time). I also didn't want to buy another line. So I bought a MagicJack, thinking maybe I...
  7. P

Looking for Microport System V/AT

Hi All, I'm looking for disk images for a 5.25" floppy version of Microport System V/AT to run on an old 286 I have. Happy to trade for images from any of several old x86 UNIX systems I have - SVR3 and SVR4. Anybody got a copy? -Tom
  8. P

Hello from SE Virginia

After hanging around here for a while and posting a bit, I realized I hadn't introduced myself. Like many of you, I'm an older guy who lived through the whole computer revolution. I started out with a TRS-80 Model I 4K, and never stopped. Professionally, I'm a computer scientist, though mostly...
  9. P

Kaypro 4 Vedit setup

Hello All, I have a Kaypro 4 '84 and am trying to set up Vedit Plus 2.33b. When running the install app, and configuring the terminal type, there are choices for a variety of serial terminals (vt100, adm-3a, etc) and some for computer models, but nothing for a Kaypro. There is a utility for...
  10. P

A Retro Computing Community

Hi All, I've been a lurker here for a while... this might even be my first post, but I really enjoy the posts I read. I'm a pretty avid retro computing enthusiast. My personal projects include programming the CP/M operating system on the Simh Altair emulator, restoring an old AT&T 3B2...
  11. P

Wanted: Early PC UNIX - Microport, Interactive, Esix

Hi, I'm looking for 486 SVR4 on 5.25" tape. Specifically looking for any of: Microport SVR4 Interactive SVR4 Esix SVR4 Dell SVR4 Not having much luck. I know someone out there has it and I'm willing to pay a reasonable fee. A tape image would be fine, too. Cheers, Tom
Back