• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. O

IBM XT low level formatting w/WD 1002

I found another WD controller 1004 model and after a LOT of formatting work it is now working. I thank you all for the quick responses.
  2. O

IBM XT low level formatting w/WD 1002

I have used this XT successfully to low level and format with DOS 6.2.2. a Seagate 225 with a WD 1002 card. Great results. I have another WD 1002 card and another Seagate 225 and am facing these erors. At startup the 1709 error, controller card, but the other one did that too. Debug g=c800:5...
  3. O

The South WTB - Bell & Howell "Darth Vader" Apple II

Not interested in any trades really. Never been an over achiever with the Commodore. I do have an original V-20 with PET keys in the foam and original box that works perfectly. I also an SX-64 working perfectly as well. I just acquired a Fat PET I have not even started - it is dirty and needs...
  4. O

Not sure as it is wrapped in a box for safe storage. I hadn't planned to sell it but if the price is good .... It has the 16k Language card and Disk II controller card. Make me a starting offer and let me see if it is workable. I can also include Applied Engineering memory card.
  5. O

Apple II SCSI v. High-Speed SCSI

I recently acquired some old Apple ][ equipment and there was an Applied Engineering Vulcan card, cable and hard drive/power supply. I have not tried it yet. Anyone use one of them? I have some working ][e computers but not a ][gs yet. I removed a leaky battery from a ][gs board and have not...
  6. O

How would one diagnose a //e PSU problem?

It could be the capacitors after all. I used several of the cap kits and have had great results. You cannot purchase the caps where I live except online and the shipping starts at 7.99 It would cost more than to simply get the 'kit'. Good luck.
  7. O

I have a good condition working one with the black floppy drive.
  8. O

Apple II Power Supply Repair

I have an Apple ][ p.s. that will beep my test board but sends a buzzing sound thru the speaker afterward. The board does not fully boot (it is a known good board). What to check in the ps?
  9. O

Apple ][e non registering some keys

Working on one of the early Apple ][e's with the white letters. What is stumping me is several keys are not functioning. I have replaced all the chips in the extended ][e set with the originals, which includes the keyboard ROM, replaced all mb ram with new chips, cleaned all keyboard connectors...
  10. O

Apple IIc monitor repair

Working on a IIc monochrome monitor. I've got power after replacing fuse. The CRT neck has a dim glow but no video. At turn off it lights with the usual horizontal bands that quickly fade to black. I have looked but have not found web information on the repair of these displays. Any help will be...
  11. O

Model III Tube out

I have a III that was working quite well, but alas as all living things go, the crt died. No video but all seems well otherwise. Since I am not well versed with anything but the power supply repairs on these, I'm not sure what the usual places to check are. Is there a first place to look? I wish...
  12. O

TRS-80 Ribbon Cables

I'm not sure why it is so difficult to find replacement flat ribbon cables to replace those in the Model III and Model IV. The cables I am speaking of the ones for the floppy controller to the motherboard and the RS232 board to the motherboard. I've sent Mouser photos and they were no help. I...
  13. O

Apple ][ Plus dim video

I know the red round pot control works and helps brighten and stable the video. But the video is overall dim and is NOT the monitors and I have tried several. I've also used an Apple ][c Plus and the monitors are nice and bright. What is it on the motherboard that handles this?
  14. O

Model 4 Gate Array Floppy Cable

I have a bad cable with a bad metal contact I can't repair. This is causing trouble with my known good floppy drives. Are there any cables out there that will work for a Model 4 Gate Array?
  15. O

Model 4 Gate Array no drive power

This particular computer is in great shape with a nice case, working well keyboard and a great solid green display. After replacing the RIFAs I first tested the unit and it went very well. Then the drives, both of them started acting up. I removed the drives and cleaned and lubricated them. Same...
  16. O

Model 4 gate array drive problem

Gentlemen Forgive me I'm better with the old Apple ][ computers but wanting to get my Model 4's and III working. I have a working M4P that I test disks on so I know the floppies are good. The gate array model 4 I have was working well with both drives being good boys until I attempted to make a...
  17. O

Model 4 short at startup?

Hello and happy 3 day weekend! Working on that model 4, took everything apart, cleaned, checked and re-capped the 0.01 250v RIFA film cap. And yes, I got the two cables back in correctly and without breaking, I think. Anyway the issue was and still is this: At power on and after a...
  18. O

Model 4 cables

In the model 4, possibly the model 3, there are two flat cables having one end attached to the motherboard and the other end to each of the smaller circuit boards attached underneath the motherboard. Once these are removed from the motherboard they are a bear to get back in without damaging...
  19. O

Apple II+ Logic board no videl

Hello All I have three Apple ii+ motherboards that beep but display no video. With this in mind they all three should be suffering the same issue. What to check first? Thank you.
Back