• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Q

Pixar machine on ePay

Hi, I don't know if you have seen this already, but there's a guy selling a Pixar computer on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/221076145038#ht_500wt_1187 He wants 15k for it though.
  2. Q

Apple Lisa II all cards + parts

Hi, Are there any interest for a complete set of the Lisa II PCB's? I also have the floppy drive and a Lisa II Parallell adaptor card. There is corrosion on some of them due to a battery leakage. The case itself and the backplane is gone, unfortunately. I am located in Norway, Europe...
  3. Q

Breadbox C64 with "Out of memory" error

Hi, I recently found a C64 original breadbox which gives "Out of memory on line 0" error. I assume this means a dead RAM chip or a few. What is the easiets way of troubleshooting this? Piggybacking a known working RAM chip maybe? I don't have any at the moment, but I should be able to order...
  4. Q

Compaq Contura 4/25C

Hi, I just finally found myself a Contura 4/25C. Nothing special maybe, but to me this is one cool machine. The first PC I ever touched was a Contura 3/25 (Which I still have), and this machine is identical, except it is a 486 and it has a color LCD. It's pretty cool to see colors on a machine...
  5. Q

C64 and C64G repair. Parts needed (PLA etc)

Hi, I have been looking at the two C64's I found recently, and I (think) I have narrowed the problem down to be the PLA on the C64. The C64 displays a solid color screen, which changes if I power it on and off quickly a few times in a row. The PLA also gets HOT to the touch after a short...
  6. Q

Steve Jobs died :-(

Hi all, You probably know already, but still: http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/ R.I.P Steve!
  7. Q

PET 2001 repair. Part one: The monitor

Hi, I just started to look at the PET, and the first thing that needs repair is the monitor. It currently displays a single horizontal line, sometimes some areas are brighter than others. Maybe this is the PET outputting video. I have disassembled the screen, and went over the soldering...
  8. Q

Major E-Waste score yesterday (Commodore PET etc)

Hi, Long time no see, everybody! (I have been quite busy the last year), but now there's a reason to be back! Yesterday I went on my usual lurking trip down to the e-waste behind electronics store nearby, and what do I see? Some moron had thrown away his whole Commodore collection, it seems...
  9. Q

A 20th Anniversary Mac is now in my collection

Yesterday I picked up my TAM at the post office, and it is a great machine! It came with a Sonnet Crescendo G3 upgrade and some additional adapters (USB, Ethernet, Firewire & modems) and some spare parts + software. It arrived in a flawless condition, and works perfectly. The sound is very nice...
  10. Q

A complete Apple IIc for free!

A mirror of my post over at 68kmla.org: During my semi-weekly walk around the area to check out the e-waste rooms at the nearby uni, I found a complete Apple IIc. It has the monitor, extra floppy drive, home-made serial-to-paralell box and the composite cable and the power supply. It came with...
  11. Q

WTB: Macintosh Plus keyboard

Hi, I am repairing my Mac keyboard, and I need some spare keyswitches and keycaps. A Mac Plus keyboard would provide with what I need. If you have an Original mac keyboard that would of course also work. ePay did not provide any help regarding this.
  12. Q

Original Mac keyboard repair

Hi all, I am currently working on repairing the keyboard that came with my Macintosh 512k(e). Four of they keys have broken off, and one of the keyswitches is broken apparently beyond repair. The best fix would be to replace the keyswitch, but I have not found a good source for those yet. ePay...
  13. Q

Tiki-100 pictures

Hi, per, Here's the pictures. All others: This is what a Tiki-100 looks like.
  14. Q

Great score today!

Hi, Today I found the following machines piled down in the recycling room: - 1x IBM PC XT with 1x HH 5,25" Floppy drive and HDD. No monitor or keyboard. - 2x IBM PC AT. Dual floppy, and probably HDD's as well. No monitor or keyboard. - 1x Macintosh SE - 3x MFM HDD's, 1 MiniScribe 3,5", 1...
  15. Q

Macintosh Classic with power supply issues

Hi, A while ago I got hold of a nice little Macintosh Classic. It works, but the internal HDD does not spin up when connected to the internal PSU (It spins but stops), and the monitor has a shaky picture, and with every mouse click the screen contracts a little. Same for floppy reads (even...
  16. Q

Macintosh 128 / 512

Hi, do any of you have a 128k or 512k mac you want to sell me? 110v and 220v is both okay, as I have both available at home. Thanks in advance :-)
  17. Q

Thinking about building an Apple I replica

Hi guys, I was thinking about building an Apple I replica from a kit, but I am not sure which one to choose yet. It's either this one: http://www.achatz.nl/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=3&products_id=27 Or this one: http://www.brielcomputers.com/replica1.html The Pro's and Con's between...
  18. Q

Major E-cycle score today!

Hi all, Long time since I've posted here, but today I got to tell you about something. During lunch today I went for a walk over to the University across the road from where I work, to see if I could find something interesting in the recycle room, and guess what? I found a complete IBM PC XT...
  19. Q

Heathkit H11

Hi all, I've just had some time to test the heathkit haul. What I've discovered so far is: - The Dual 8" Floppy drive powers up nicely and spins the disks. - The H11 also seems to work, but I cannot get a console output on the H89 (More on this below) - The H89 is actually a H19 which was...
  20. Q

Heathkit H11 haul

Yesterday I picked up the Heathkit H11 machine and accessories. What a great haul! It came with this stuff: - Heath H11 computer - Dual 8" Floppy drive unit - Heath H89 All-In-One Computer - A lot of documentation, all schematics and manuals and programming guides, import documents, building...
Back