• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

DECmate III Acquisition, Arrival & Experience

Your shpping damage experience is unfortunately typical these days. Despite my efforts to explain proper packing to the seller, I find advice is almost universally ignored and just about every system I bought from eBay over the past 4-5 years arrived smashed. I now restrict my system...
  2. S

Setting up a DECnet network with a Pro380 and Windows client?

That would be a great project. I proactively picked up a handful of the bus connectors with something of this sort in mind.
  3. S

Setting up a DECnet network with a Pro380 and Windows client?

I added this upgrade to my Pro 350. Easy-peasy if you are careful. I would be super interested in a DECNA. There were three of them that showed up on eBay last month - all in the wee hours of the night and all gone by the time morning coffee was ready. Bummer.
  4. S

PiDP-10

I'm champing at the bit for Oscar's next round of kit shipments. There should be one there with my name on it :)
  5. S

SBC6120 "Mini" Front Panel

I cannot speak for the Bambu Lab printers, but my Prusa Mk4 was absolutely plug and play. I've put almost a week's worth of print time on it without a single glitch. It's self aligning, including Z-axis and extremely well supported by the vendor and community. Very, very glad I didn't start...
  6. S

Mid Atlantic Anyone have a copy of Apple's "AppleTalk Phase 2 Protocol Specification" (C0144LL/A)?

Is this pertinent? https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc1504 Does "Inside Appletalk" 2nd Edition not cover the information?
  7. S

Midwest Floppy disk controller board for Xerox 820-II

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your troubleshooting process (or the hardware), but to my understanding there won't be any high voltage without a horizontal drive waveform.
  8. S

PDP11 - RX01 Writing disks

Only if that "fresh" media was preformatted.
  9. S

PDP11 - RX01 Writing disks

I believe the RX01 is "standard" IBM 3740 format, aka SSSD, FM encoding, 128 byte/sec, 26 sectors per track. If you have the ability to electrically interface an 8" drive to a PC it should be straightforward to LLF a diskette.
  10. S

Alberta Old non-working full-height floppy drives: Offers

I think the Tandy TRS-80 4P uses a half-height drive with a full bezel. Might be from one of those.
  11. S

Running TRSDOS on Z180 & eZ80

If possible, you should explain how you do the build with those various tools. I've encountered way too many opensource projects that fail to explain the build process. Speaking personally, nothing makes me lose interest faster.
  12. S

Another ebay horror story.

There was a point when I made the same sort of appeals. Never worked. As the old saying goes: "You can't fix stupid". I've reluctantly given up on purchasing vintage systems that require shipping. The crowning event was a Xerox 802-II thrown into a weak, oversized box with a dirty old winter...
  13. S

End of OpenVMS Community License

Definitely a petulant undertone to the announcement. Best guess says they are beginning the outermost circle around the drain.
  14. S

Midwest Floppy disk controller board for Xerox 820-II

Is the CPU board putting out reasonable waveforms for horizontal?
  15. S

Mystery Machine

This may be the least of your immediate problems, but it's fixable with a bit of care. I performed cataract surgery on my MDS-230 last fall and it worked out well. Be sure to wear protective gear if you attempt this: safety goggles, heavy sweatshirt and gloves. First problem is getting...
  16. S

recovering an SGI indigo

The first thing I'd suggest is to double-check the polarity of that battery!
  17. S

Where are all the Model 16B s ?

Heh - beat me to it...
  18. S

California HP 1600A AND 1607A LOGIC STATE ANALYZER - $300

Unfortunately, I've found this to be self-contradictory: "would need decent packing (done by UPS store)." A moronic packing job by the local UPS store almost cost me a beloved guitar. Box arrived completely destroyed and only the ATA grade case saved a $4500 instrument.
  19. S

Obnoxious eBay "please use our app!" popover

I was equally po-ed and amused by Adafruit now requiring me to have their definition of 2FA in play just to be able to hand them my money. They've now lost northwards of $200 in sales and counting. Way to go! I'm sure the Pi Shop greatly appreciates you chasing me in their direction.
  20. S

Formatting non-RX50 diskettes in an RX50 drive

I do not have that particular utility, but did find this in my archives.
Back