• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Anyone in the US have a Microvax?

Anyone here have a Microvax that uses those oddball T-shaped SIMMs? I have an issue with chronic fails on my Microvax 3100-96 during power-on test. Swapped SIMMs around a bit and unfortunately the problem doesn't move - except sometimes when it does. Starting to wonder if all four are...
  2. S

Help understanding Microvax 3100-96 error

Does anyone have an insight on what this is saying? Looks like bad memory, but the SHOW command suggests all of it is there.
  3. S

Reading files from DEC Rainbow drive image

I read the ST-412 (RD51) drive into a sector image using Dave Gesswein's mfmemu and would like to loop mount the MSDOS partition under Linux and read out the files. So far I've been able to decipher the Rainbow partitioning scheme (described in the DEC MS-DOS manual), determined that a +7 skew...
  4. S

Rainbow 100 Hard-disk partition scheme?

I have a failing ST-412 in my Rainbow 100B and would rather not lose the files that came on it. Today I was able to read a sector data image from it using a Gesswein mfmemu. However I cannot figure out how to loop mount the partitions on a Linux system and get to the files. There's nothing I...
  5. S

New England Corvus Transporter for DEC Rainbow 100

I'm in NE, but will take one from wherever I can get one! Looking for the add-on board that interfaces with Corvus Omninet (twisted-pair) network.
  6. S

New England WTT: Clean IBM 5150 PC for XT or AT

I ended up with two very clean and functional 5150 PCs. Anyone interested in trading an XT or AT for one of them? I have the original keyboard and an IBM monochrome monitor as well, but shipping the monitor is an iffy proposition nowadays.
  7. S

Expand M8067 (MSV-11) memory board

Today I set out to add another 256K of memory to a working M8067-KA memory board. After considerable study of the technical drawings and schematic it really looked as if the only difference between a KA and LA (512K) was the addition of 36 M2864 64Kx1 memory chips and the associated bypass...
  8. S

NABU Cloud CPM issues

Can anyone with a working system try using PIP.COM to copy a file with length >= 16k from the A: to C: drive? Command would be: A:PIP C:=A:*.* I get lockups 100% of the time on multi-extent files. The Cloud CPM author insists I'm having cable issues, but this isn't my first rodeo and I'm quite...
  9. S

Population of DEC M-8067 KA QBus DRAM board

I have a couple of these for use in a QBus machine and noticed they are only 1/2 populated with (I assume) 64k x 1 DRAM chips. The current parts are labeled as Hitachi 21-18470-01. Has anyone successfully upgraded the boards by filling in the additional 4 rows (for an expanded total of 512k)...
  10. S

Problem with Tiger (10.4) installer

I picked up a desklamp-style Power Mac 4,2 (aka iMac G4). It came with OS X 10.2 installed and I was able to upgrade with Tiger 10.4.6 using an image from Mac Garden. So far, so good. Next move was to replace the Seagate ATA drive with a 500GB SSD from OWC. Installation was a bit fussy, but I...
  11. S

New England For Sale: Mindset computer (non-operating) and accessories

I'm never going to get to this, so I'd like it to go to someone who can repair it or repurpose parts to complete another such system. I have: Mindset CPU w/ original keyboard Floppy Drive piggyback unit Extra power supply Mindset Joystick Mindset Mouse Would greatly prefer pickup in...
  12. S

Anyone know what this is?

64k of DRAM, Z80 and a lot of I/O connectors. Was it an embedded controller from a larger system or a CP/M computer?
  13. S

IBM Keyboard BIOS images needed

I'm looking for: IBM 5170 ROM image: 1503099 IBM 3270PC ROM image: 1385001 My Google-foo is coming to naught. Does anyone have these files? If you don't feel comfortable posting them in the forum, please ping me privately? Thanks.
  14. S

2.11 BSD ethernet throughput?

I have built up a pseudo-11/73 in my extended Heath H-11 chassis using an M8192-YB CPU, DELQA-Turbo ethernet board, DLV11-J SLU and Joerg Hoppe's QBone. The QBone supplies 4MB of memory and an MSCP storage adapter + drive. Priority order is as listed above. I'm running 2.11 BSD on the system...
  15. S

Maximum power supply ripple?

I'm trying to troubleshoot some QBone crashes on my pseudo-11/73 system. It's built on a Heath H-11 backplane that I've added the four upper address bits to. Using just the M8192 CPU and QBone (emulating 4M memory, MSCP storage and SLU) I get persistent DMA-related crashes in the QBone...
  16. S

M8192-YB fails BEVENT test

After the first one turned out to be a dud, I picked up a second M8192-YB w/ FP chip and installed it in my modified (22-bit) Heath H-11 backplane along with a QBone to emulate memory, storage, console and ltc interrupt. First order of business was to run the ZKDJB2.BIC CPU test for 11/73. It...
  17. S

Corvus disk drive for LSI-11

I have a Corvus "flat-cable" drive and quad-height QBus interface and am trying to bring it up under RT-11 on a 16-bit Heath H-11. Currently using a QBone to provide console, memory and MSCP storage (system is booted from that). I can find almost no information on use of a Corvus with LSI-11...
  18. S

Mouse for AT&T Unix PC (3B1 / 7300)

I know this is a long shot, but I'm in need of a mouse for one of my AT&T boxes. Would consider a non-functional one if it's cosmetically intact.
  19. S

Charles River Data Services UNOS documentation needed

Does anyone have a line on this? UNOS was an early 80s clone of AT&T Unix, initially released for 68000 series CPUs. Just about nothing available on the net.
  20. S

RCA VP-620 Keyboard interface board?

Apparently I need this board to interface an RCA VP-611 keyboard to a COSMAC VIP. No information turns up on Google beyond a slightly fuzzy photo on the cosmacvip.com web site.
Back