• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. agentb

IBM ps2 P70 portable repair thread

Fair enough! I don’t do much repair work so buy caps as I need them.
  2. agentb

I’m not sure I got much further than what’s in the pics. Maybe it was the trace damage I was thinking of or i did take off the cap and thought the pads were damaged. I may take a crack at it again some time so want to hold on to the drive. Please share the cap info for what specific caps you...
  3. agentb

I was debating this myself and think I will go with the cheaper Adlib card. Will be a nice addition to my machine.
  4. agentb

These are the only two I have handy right now:
  5. agentb

I still have the broken drive. Yeah the corrosion was pretty bad, I recall the pads being gone on at least one of the caps. I might have pics, I’ll check. Wow, I didn’t know there was an MCA CF card option, that’s awesome. I thought you were kinda screwed if you didn’t have one of those rare...
  6. agentb

AT&T UNIX PC enthusiasts out there?

fixes were rolled back into: https://github.com/philpem/freebee
  7. agentb

I really like my P70 but haven’t had much time to mess with it. I had 4 (?) bad caps in the floppy so gave up on that and used a gotek. Not sure about the LPT. I had some dumb MCA scanner card in mine so tossed that. Was hoping to get an Etherlink III card some day. MCA sound is gonna be quite...
  8. agentb

Mid Atlantic Pair of SunFire V890s, $175

ooh nice find, thanks for sharing.
  9. agentb

Introduction to my world

Cool machine, good luck with the restoration! Here’s another post on an earlier model: https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/sun-modular-engine-analyzer-the-mea-1500.1240706/
  10. agentb

Mid Atlantic Need ADB keyboard and mouse for Macintosh SE

I ended up ordering an “Extended Keyboard II” and one of the boxy mice. Freaking ADB cable is going to be half the price of the keyboard 🙄🙄🙄
  11. agentb

Thanks for the offer. The more I think about it, I feel like I should stick with a mechanical keyboard and boxy mouse to match the SE. there’s a number on eBay so will try hunting for something not too overpriced
  12. agentb

I just picked up a Mac SE but need an ADB keyboard and mouse if anyone has some laying around?
  13. agentb

Franklin CX luggable

Oh man that’s so cool you have a Red Lightning. Thanks for sharing the pics. Here’s what Bob had to say on the RL: Red Lightning This was the only system to actually get prototypes built, or at least one prototype, which I have in my collection. The idea was to build a machine meant for sale at...
  14. agentb

Franklin CX luggable

Wow, I thought there was only one Red Lightning known to exist, that’s great! I also have a CX I was able to track down locally in the Philly suburbs from some ex-workers that bought a bunch of gear after Franklin closed. Unfortunately Bob Applegate passed away earlier this year. Sorry to...
  15. agentb

VCF East October 2023 Swap Meet

Thank you @arkaxow and @ajacocks - I appreciate the work you do and happy to contribute with a $5-10 here or there. I wasn’t able to make it out from Philly this time, but hopefully next!
  16. agentb

VCF East October 2023 Swap Meet

Would love to see more pics or hear what else anyone picked up.
  17. agentb

Osborne executive 6 MHz version?

Ok cool thanks - yeah maybe they had hoped to use a 6 MHz Z80B but never got the chance.
  18. agentb

Yep that’s what i also saw in the ref guide, and saw an NEC 4MHz chip on the photo of the motherboard on bitsavers.
  19. agentb

Right that makes sense CP/M 3.0 would be required to access the memory above 64 KB
  20. agentb

The following comment showed up on the Osborne Executive Wikipedia page today: “The CPU in the Executive was the Zilog Z80B running at 6MHz not the Z80A in the description. The only operating system supported by Osborne was CP/M Plus (3.0). It was never supported by CP/M (2.2). The...
Back