• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Zap!

Keyboards really are terrible today, I think.

How can anyone like modern mechanical keyboards? My Razer BlackWidow V4 X is so hyper sensitive that it's impossible for me to write a sentence without tons of typos. Are they all this sensitive?
  2. Zap!

Neptune's Daughters (English Software Company)

Was Neptune's Daughters (by The English Software Company) ever released as a Big Box? If yes, does anybody here own one? Is it ever on eBay? There were Commodore 64 and Atari 8-bit versions. I've seen the Atari game, but as a cassette only. Did it come like that, or was there a box?
  3. Zap!

Big Boxed PC Games

Here's my collection: https://www.zaponline.org/bigbox.html
  4. Zap!

Can anyone identify this dot matrix printer next to a Neo-Geo?

@famicomaster2 Did you ever find out if that was the right ribbon?
  5. Zap!

Over at AtariAge in this sister thread, a highly knowledgeable user said the following about the ribbon: Hopefully, that will be a good lead for getting ribbon. As for the output, I actually still have stuff that I printed on it. I will have to look for some, but I am nearly certain that it...
  6. Zap!

Wow, great finds! I am now listing this as solved. That has to be the same printer. Even though mine looked more smoked, it may be just an illusion. That's a great vintage set from the family friend, you must have loved it as a kid! Probably you can find ribbon. Perhaps if you use the model...
  7. Zap!

Amazing reply! Now that I think about it, I likely got it in Sears in early to mid-1991. Living in Staten Island and not discovering mail-order until later in the year, Sears was one of the few options that I had at the time. Did you get it used with your Laser 128, or did you buy it new? What...
  8. Zap!

Downgrading from MS-DOS 6.22 to 3.30 on my IBM 5160 XT

Do you remember if "move" from DOS 6x still worked? 5.0 doesn't have it, and I miss it a bit. Also, why did you prefer 3.3 over 5.0?
  9. Zap!

There seems to be a fundamental flaw (at least for me) with 5.0. When copying a file to a directory with that same file in it, it just overwrites it. It doesn't prompt me something like "blah.exe already exists. Do you want to overwrite it?" Is this because DOS 5 doesn't do that, and what is the...
  10. Zap!

As stated in my OP and replies after, I do want to stay with it. I started off with DOS 6.22, that was the one that I didn't want to stay with. I switched to 3.30, then was told that 5.0 is the better fit, so I'm using that now.
  11. Zap!

LFNSORT was the best, but not sure if it works on the XT or older DOS.
  12. Zap!

Yeah, I found a 3.30 floppy, but then went with 5.0 on the recommendation of others.
  13. Zap!

My Floppy Drive Image tool 1.00

I love this! Now all I need is a blank, 360k floppy disk source, as all of mine have some form of corruption.
  14. Zap!

I actually had 6.22 on the CF card and DOS 3.30 on the main HD already. I was talked out of keeping 3.3 and instead chose 5.0. By pressing "D" at startup it loads from the D: drive. So what I did is download the DOS 5.0 image files on my main PC, put in the CF card and put them on, then I put...
  15. Zap!

Is there anyway to make a floppy disk bootable manually?

Thank you, I wound up using fdimage. Easy and worked like a charm!
  16. Zap!

Yes. When extracted from an image file, they weren't hidden at all and had normal attributes. I set them to + H, R, and S and still nothing.
  17. Zap!

I downloaded DOS 5.0 to my maid PC, and then used WinImage to extract the 5 image files into 5 directories (dos5-1, dos5-2, etc.) on my main PC. I then put those directories onto the CF card and then put it back in the XT. Did you mean another way?
  18. Zap!

I have a 6.22 bootable but I'd like a more appropriate-era 5.0. All of the needed 5.0 files are on my D: drive. I can put them on a floppies, but running setup just tells me to reboot with the floppy in drive A:. It won't boot because the bootable files aren't on the disk.
  19. Zap!

Here's the situation: I have DOS 3.30 on my XT on the C: drive. I also have X-TIDE (CF card), but that is the D: drive. I am able to put things on the CF card, and have 5.0 and 6.22 on the drive. I can put those files on a blank 5 1/4" floppy, but it won't boot. I thought changing the attributes...
  20. Zap!

I tried that a while back , it didn't work. https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/does-any-version-of-windows-1-x-work-with-ms-dos-6-22.1243831/#post-1325890
Back