• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

IMG image files.

Thank you very much!!! :)
  2. F

IMG image files.

Really really thank you! It worked! The moment in which the Mac went on was magic! Could it be possible to have that type of images for other old versions of MaxOSes?
  3. F

IMG image files.

In the meantime I have found a video that solved most of my issues... I have been able to create new FDs 800k. You can find the video at the following link: The last (?) issue I have is that I cannot boot from the FD I have created... both the Mac Plus and the PowerPC G3 see them but they do...
  4. F

IMG image files.

Please forgive me... I have read IMG and I supposed it could be used like... an IMG file for disk images. I have not noticed the sentence "It is possible to write Macintosh 400k/800k images to a real disk using a Kryoflux.". I have it and I will try... :-|
  5. F

IMG image files.

Hello and thank you for your help... my need is to recreate 800k or 400k systems disks to install the OS on old REAL Mac... I understand from what above that in Mac world there is not the possibility to have images of disks to be written again on floppies? I have found a SIT volume with the OS...
  6. F

IMG image files.

Ok... I surrender. How can I write a IMG file to a floppy (IMG files that I can read in Windows so that I would assume are correct and not corrupted)? I would like to use a Mac with OS9.2 and I have read that Disc Copy should do the job but it doesn't. I would simply like to recreate the...
  7. F

Mission Impossible FDD ?

Hello, I am trying to repair two FB-354 rev. A. Both have issues on moving the head. Everything seems working correctly (in one I have also replaced the 4 capacitors) apart that there is the "crack" abnormal noise when operating and the head trolleys do not move correctly! The spindles turn...
  8. F

Commodore 116 completely dead

I have checked the voltages on the 6 pins of the switch and I have the picture results (please forgive if it's not so technical but I hope it is clear enough). The enlightened ones are the only voltage I measure, and the measuring does not change if the switch is on or off... "I suppose" the...
  9. F

I have checked the PSU and it gives 14V without load so I would say it's OK... I have just found a problem on the switch of an Amstrad 6128...I check ASAP. And yes, I have no input and output voltages on the 7805 but I am going to check again.
  10. F

Hello, Just received a C116 that completely do not start. Not even the power led turns on. As usual I am not a technician but this sounds good to me... my hope is that the custom chips are ok and "only a more standard component" is dead. Any suggestions? I have tried measuring "some" voltages...
  11. F

Amstrad CPC 6128 with power issues?

It is the power switch! I jumped the power switch connector and the computer starts flawlessly! Thank you very much 🤩🤩🤩
  12. F

Amstrad CPC 6128 with power issues?

Hello, I have received an Amstrad CPC 6128 not turning on (anymore). When I got it, it did not power on (not even the led light). I have opened it and I have seen a reparation on the 12V rail not done in a good way... I have "repaired it" and the computer started. So I started making some...
  13. F

Oric Atmos very sick.

A technical question: is it possible to piggyback a 4164 or a 4264 directly on the back of a 4864, or the two chips must be the same and not only interchangeable?
  14. F

Oric Atmos very sick.

The same picture with RF out... :(
  15. F

Oric Atmos very sick.

Dear All, I have bought an Oric Atmos that was supposed working. I have turned it on the first time with RF connection and I am quite sure that it started the right way (white screen with "something written"). My issue is that the RF output is really awful and anyway after some seconds somewrong...
  16. F

Olivetti M20 not booting

I hope you could have found the problem! :) I thought that every M20 had 128 kb on the mobo... :( I have to study more... :cry: As I wrote I have another M20 and I can take the RAM from it and make a quick test... quick but... next weekend! I cannot take the risk to spend a whole night fighting...
  17. F

Olivetti M20 not booting

I feared an answer like your! :-( I have only one 32k module and nothing changes if I change the position of the module or if I remove it... I have another M20 so that I could switch the CPU and the BIOS... my only fear is that this M20 is a rev. G mobo... I will check... I live in Italy (near...
  18. F

Olivetti M20 not booting

Dear All, I have been given an Olivetti M20 but it doesn't start. The monitor is working (tested with another M20) but the only results is a weird screen as for the attached images. I know this computer is quite difficult to handle... :-( Any suggestions? Thank you
  19. F

Hector 1 (Victor 1)

Dear All, I have received an Hector 1 and it works... apart... the keyboard. The keys work (when they are pressed there is continuity on the base pins) but there is no output. When the computer is started, it asks to press L or M (cassette or programming) and I am stuck. Attached a photo of the...
  20. F

Commodore PET 2001 flyback dead transformer.

Wow!!! I have to be honest and I supposed I had not chances with my PET... I left the bone... :( Today I have decided to have a look anyway and... you are giving me new hopes (in the past I had the possibility to receive emails when new messages were sent to a 3D... I have to check if I can set...
Back