• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

IMG image files.

Ok... I surrender. How can I write a IMG file to a floppy (IMG files that I can read in Windows so that I would assume are correct and not corrupted)? I would like to use a Mac with OS9.2 and I have read that Disc Copy should do the job but it doesn't. I would simply like to recreate the...
  2. F

Mission Impossible FDD ?

Hello, I am trying to repair two FB-354 rev. A. Both have issues on moving the head. Everything seems working correctly (in one I have also replaced the 4 capacitors) apart that there is the "crack" abnormal noise when operating and the head trolleys do not move correctly! The spindles turn...
  3. F

Commodore 116 completely dead

Hello, Just received a C116 that completely do not start. Not even the power led turns on. As usual I am not a technician but this sounds good to me... my hope is that the custom chips are ok and "only a more standard component" is dead. Any suggestions? I have tried measuring "some" voltages...
  4. F

Amstrad CPC 6128 with power issues?

Hello, I have received an Amstrad CPC 6128 not turning on (anymore). When I got it, it did not power on (not even the led light). I have opened it and I have seen a reparation on the 12V rail not done in a good way... I have "repaired it" and the computer started. So I started making some...
  5. F

Oric Atmos very sick.

Dear All, I have bought an Oric Atmos that was supposed working. I have turned it on the first time with RF connection and I am quite sure that it started the right way (white screen with "something written"). My issue is that the RF output is really awful and anyway after some seconds somewrong...
  6. F

Olivetti M20 not booting

Dear All, I have been given an Olivetti M20 but it doesn't start. The monitor is working (tested with another M20) but the only results is a weird screen as for the attached images. I know this computer is quite difficult to handle... :-( Any suggestions? Thank you
  7. F

Hector 1 (Victor 1)

Dear All, I have received an Hector 1 and it works... apart... the keyboard. The keys work (when they are pressed there is continuity on the base pins) but there is no output. When the computer is started, it asks to press L or M (cassette or programming) and I am stuck. Attached a photo of the...
  8. F

Commodore 16 issue with joystick port.

Dear All, I have been given a not-working Commodore 16. I have found out the CPU was dead but (more or less) luckily I had one working from another not-woking Commodore 16. Now it works but I have problems with the two joystick ports... not always but often. It is like some keys are pressed...
  9. F

Teledisk do not work on my IBM 5160.

Hello, I have a standard IBM 5160 with stock controller and FDD. TESTFDC does not start as per the attached picture! I can perfectly use both FDD with the computer. Can somebody help me understand what's wrong? Best Regards
  10. F

Commodore PET 2001 flyback dead transformer.

Dear All, I am not a technician and I hope that I have found the right English translation for the part that is dead in my PET 2001. Some photos to be sure. Can somebody help me to find a spare part? Thank you very much
  11. F

IBM PS/2 Model 50Z (80286) HDD card issue.

Hello, I never had to handle such "beasts" but I remember these were not easy computers... Anyway I have been given one and it (more or less) works... but I have issued with ADF file with two cards: ° one is an "Everex something" that probably was used for an external tape reader... I cannot...
  12. F

Apple ][e wrong charset.

Dear All, in these days I am checking my Apple ][e computers. I have decided to put on the table the best looking Apple ][e I could, so I have taken the upper part (so including the keyboard) from a computer and the below part (so including the mobo and PSU) from another. After reassembling I...
  13. F

Apple IIe repair.

Hello, ok! I have been able to repair the PSU, changing the died capacitors. But now also the computer itself is not working. :-( The computer remains black for a while and then it fills to green (standard green Apple monitor) and then back in black (AD/CD... :-) ...). I attach some pictures of...
  14. F

New Old member.

Hello, I am a retrocomputing fan (almost everything, from computer to consoles) and from a while I am also trying to repair them. My skill are very limited but I hope I can help from time to time. B/R
  15. F

Weird Shuttle HOT-419

Dear All, I have a motherboard that "makes me crazy". It should be a Shuttle HOT-419 (nothing is written on the mobo... the name is hand written on the BIOS EPROM)... I have searched over the net and anyway the mobo should really be what it seems. The weird part is that the mobo (almost)...
  16. F

JU-363-03 not completely working.

Hi to All, I have found a Commodore 1010. The drive connects correctly and read the name of the inserted FD... BUT it does not read the FD (that starts spindling correctly. I have some ideas but I am sure that if I try I will probably kill definitely the FDD... any suggestions? I suppose I am...
Back