• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

The RetroSophie Family of Computers

Thought I might as well share my collection, albeit how tiny. I own a decent collection of vintage game consoles: NES - Had one as a child but family got rid of it, the one I currently have is a gift from a friend, was recapped by the seller they bought it from. SNES - Owned since it was new...
  2. R

800k floppy drive head not touching media

Hey all, I was working on my recent acquisition, a dual 800k floppy 1986 Macintosh SE today, rebuilding the eject motor gear boxes for both floppy drives as well as giving them a good scrub and regreasing. The top sled from one of the floppy drives was a bit stubborn, was hardly able to move...
  3. R

RetroSophie Introduction

Hi all! I’ve been a lurker of VCF and VCF forums for quite a while and decided to join today. My name is Sophia and my username is RetroSophie. By trade I am a senior software development engineer in test in the Seattle area and restoring vintage computers has become a hobby of mine. I...
  4. R

Remove Yellowing from iBook G3 Clamshell Keyboard Silicone Membrane

Hi all! I’m a long time lurker, first time poster here to VCF forums. I’m currently in the process of restoring a beautiful Blueberry iBook G3/300 Clamshell I recently picked up from eBay. The silicone switch membrane mat in the keyboard has some considerable yellowing that makes the keys...
Back