• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. creepingnet

Current Projects - 2023

Have not even posted anything for this year yet. So here's what's been going down.... - #SEPTandy is already filmed, and I filmed a little too much this year...almost every day of September is going to have my Tandy 1000 recorded on it in some way. - #DOSCember has started but my Fosmon...
  2. creepingnet

Next Projects & #DOSCember

Well, the Tandy 1000A is now all buttoned up, 8087, V20, it's pretty screamin' considering it's still at it's pokey 4.77Mhz (Maybe next year I'll copy the board EEVBLOG made for his 1000 to overclock it - maybe even put a "Smartwatch+" in as well). Still might make another video or two of the...
  3. creepingnet

Finishing up on the Tandy & #SepTandy Early, & YouTube

I know, I know it's not until September, but I'm trying to get ahead on my YouTube Channel stuff quite a bit since I've had a steady flow since May now. The Tandy 1000A now is almost all upgraded. I got the V20 in yesterday and the performance increase is quite a lot more than I expected. The...
  4. creepingnet

Getting ready for #SEPTandy on my Channel Early

- Just finished LPing Leisure Suit Larry on the Tandy 1000A - Planning a few upgrades - Messy startup with Space Quest And of course, tonight I put the Tandy on the internet with DOSLynx using mTCP. Crazy to think through FrogFind you can still surf the internet on a nearly 40 year old 8088 PC...
  5. creepingnet

Current Project Statuses

DESKTOPS - Tandy 1000A - still planning to add a V20 and an 8087 to this one sometime in the not too distant futuure, heard about the 8080 compatible mode.....dual boot DOS/CP/M anyone? - GEM Computer Products 286 - I need to put the SVGA card back in (was trying it out on the Compaq). Right...
  6. creepingnet

HX DOS Extender Fun

Okay, now for something I've been brewing on for almost 2 years now.......experiments in HX DOS Extender. So what is HX DOS Extender? It's a special Protected Mode Interface that a guy named...I think Japeth (who unfortunately passed away awhile back) created to allow you to run win32 console...
  7. creepingnet

I Bought a NanTan.....again....and fun reverse engineering LCD panels....

So it was about, uh, 15-20 years ago I got into this crazy hobby because I wannted a computer, could not afford one, and started using cast-off 486s as my primary machine of choice. This would lead me down a path to a 20-ish year long (thus far) career in I.T. as well as a side hustle of...
  8. creepingnet

Southwest Creeping Net's Excess Garage Sale (Reno, NV)

Hi, after accumulating a bunch of stuff and parts over the past year, I've decided once again to purge. My process currently is to post stuff on e-bay, and if it does not sell there, I'll move it here where I know there's more than likely an interested audience. I tend to try and keep my...
  9. creepingnet

Finally Found out the minimum system requirements for Links browser (links.twibright.org)

So I got the 387SX Co-Processor in from the shop in France on e-bay and well...now we have a baseline for Links web browser in DOS - 386 with a 387 (SX or DX), or a 486DX class CPU - 4MB of RAM (8MB Reccommended, 10 or 16MB even better) - VGA (SVGA Reccommended for graphics, VGA is SLOOOOOW on...
  10. creepingnet

Just some benchmarks (playing with TopBench)

GEM 286 MemoryTest=530 OpcodeTest=207 VidramTest=300 MemEATest=272 3DGameTest=216 Score=32 CPU=Intel 80286 CPUspeed=12 MHz BIOSinfo=R(C)1985-1989, American Megatrends Inc,.All Rights Reserved.1346 Oakbrook Drive, Suite-120, Norcross, GA-30093. Phone-(404)-263-8181. (04/30/89, rev. 0)...
  11. creepingnet

Google Sketchup....maybe I'll build retro-cases after all....

So one guy on Vogons already did it for his tower, and Sergey is getting into making a 486 motherboard now (!!!) ATX at that... So I broke out my old idea on Google Sketchup (which was surprisingly easy for me to learn on my own - no tutorial at all)...and well....I took inspiration from two...
  12. creepingnet

VersaVideo PCMCIA Part II - I got it working finally - video to follow

So I found a thread on VOGONS that I guess I kind of derailed onto capture cards by mistake - https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=47417 - and of course I had to post the VersaVideo PCMCIA card I bought practically like new in the box with the original manuals and everything. So a kind...
  13. creepingnet

Projects for 2022

Just making plans..... Tandy 1000A Just upgrade the 8088 to a V20 and an 8087. I keep planning to do this, just have not got around to it yet. Been too busy with other, more important things outside of computing as of late. GEM 286 Install a bigger hard disk in it and possibly repaint the...
  14. creepingnet

Figured out the minimum system requirements for Links (I think)

So as anyone who knows me knows, I'm a huge advocate for the Links web browser (links.twibright.org) - which is a dual-mode browser for multiple platforms, including DOS, and it works with TLS 1.2 and 1.3 or so it seems. So of course rebuilding the Compaq this became a standard plan but I had...
  15. creepingnet

Looking for Intel/IIT/AMD 387 SX FPU chip (QFP)

Looking for a 387 SX math co-processor for my Compaq Deskpro 386s/20. Pretty much the last piece in my rebuild to complete the machine.
  16. creepingnet

Finally Figured out the Blue Lightning upgrade....

When I last left off, I had procured a 1991 Compaq DeskPro 386s/20 with a IBM Blue Lightning Upgrade chip of some sort in it, and I think I finally figured out what this chip actually is. It's the Evergreen upgrade. - https://www.ardent-tool.com/fspencer/8580proc.htm Basically it came in clock...
  17. creepingnet

More fun with Compaq

Over the weekend,in between crap I'd rather not get into, got some more work done on the Compaq Deskpro 386s/20... - fixed Dallas DS1287 chip (put on a CR2302 holder from a dead PC Chips board) - Installed MS-DOS 6.22 w/ Supplimental Disk - Ordered front cover plate, bought screws, so they are...
  18. creepingnet

Compaq is Back (Kinda' Sorta') (DeskPro 386s/20)

Time to try this out for Blogging, feels weird in the "forum" format, but I kind of like it too... Ah yes, amidst a bunch of personal crap going on in my life as of late, hence not spending a lot of time online until the past day or two, A colleague gives me yet another computer, this time a...
  19. creepingnet

I Keep Selling....but my collection keeps growing....Creeping Net 2022...

1985 Tandy 1000A - 8088/4.77, 640K, 124MB HDD, 2x 360K DSDD, TGA, Tandy Sound, RTL8019, DOS 6.22 1989 GEM 286 - 286/12, 287, 4MB, 325MB HDD, 1.44M/1.2M, TSENG ET4000 1MB SVGA, SoundBlaster Pro 2.0, 3Com Etherlink III TP, DOS 6.22 1991 Compaq Deskpro 386s/25 - IBM 486BX3/75 Upgrade, 10MB RAM...
  20. creepingnet

Mad-Mike is now Creepingnet

Long time poster here, just announcing my name change to the more proper one I probably should have used when I signed up, as I use it for my vintage computer stuff. For those that don't know me....I used to run a site called "The Creeping Network" dedicated to legacy PC Hardware and software...
Back