• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. O

Anyone Familiar with a TK TK83305-4N-D-03 Motherboard?

I just purchased a computer with this system and had a question about processor configuration. I was able to obtain some information about it with the documentation here: TK TK83305-4N-D-03 Apparently it can use a solder on CPU (which mine has, an AMD 80386-40MHz) or an Intel 25/33MHz...
  2. O

Apple IIc Plus Pizza Board?

Anyone ever heard of a pizza board for the Apple IIc Plus? I have one in my possession and it looks like a standard IIc Plus logic board. It has the almost the same logic board part number (820-0232-02) as a "non-pizza" logic board IIc Plus (820-0232-A). The differences are: "Pizza Board" is...
  3. O

To Re-Cap or Not

Recently I acquired a Packard Bell 80386 SX system which had a marginal power supply. After close inspection I discovered a number of leaking capacitors (you can read all about it here). I also own a Packard Bell 80486 DX system which is just slightly never than the 80386 system. It's power...
  4. O

Packard Bell PB70 Switching Power Supply Repair

Recently I purchased a Packard Bell 386sx desktop which is experiencing low voltage, approximately 10 volts, on the +12 volt rail. The +5 volt rail is reading 5.1 volts which I consider to be within spec. Does anyone know where I can find schematics for this power supply? Or have any suggestions...
  5. O

Damn Upgrades!

So, thought I came across a genuine Apple II system (repairing for a friend) and was disappointed to find (after the repair) this. Anyone know where the Apple II ROMs can be obtained?
  6. O

NetBSD 1.0 Documentation / Resources

A couple of years ago I decided to see what is the oldest version of UNIX (or UNIX variant) I could install on a 80386 class (DX or SX) system. Not being able to find such a system for a price I was willing to pay I ended up buying an 80486 DX system. I did some digging and found NetBSD was the...
  7. O

Q: Recapping an Apple II Plus Power Supply

I need to recap my Apple II Plus power supply, model number 605-5703 / ASTEC # AA11040/B. I purchased the appropriate recapping kit from: https://console5.com/store/apple-2-power-supply-cap-kit-p-n-605-5703-astec-aa11040b-aa11040-b.html/ When I began the process of recapping the power supply...
  8. O

Q: How to remove the logic board from a PS/2 Model 70

I asked this question in the power supply thread but I haven't received and suggestions. Given the title of that thread I thought maybe people were passing over it due to their unfamiliarity with power supplies. So here I am staring a new thread with the question: How does one remove the logic...
  9. O

PS/2 Model 70 Power Issue

A few weeks ago I posted an inquiry as to where I could obtain a floppy drive for this computer. As luck would have it a seller had a non-functional one and I purchased it for $50. The idea was to obtain the floppy drive, I didn't really care about the rest of the computer. I lucked out and the...
  10. O

PS/2 Model 70 Floppy Drive

Does anyone know where I can find a floppy drive for the model 70? The one that came with my system wasn't working. I was able to purchase one from Ebay and it worked once (enough to run the configuration utility) and then failed to work after. I ended up recapping both but, in the process of...
  11. O

How Does the Apple IIc Know a Keyboard is Attached?

I am trying to track down an issue with a ROM 0 Apple IIc system board. For the moment I am suspecting the system may not be detecting the presence of a keyboard. When I check pin 18 of the MMU I see a pulsing signal on the pin. This signal also exits on pin 20 of the keyboard map (UD16). It is...
  12. O

Troubleshooting Apple II Plus Keyboard

I am trying to troubleshoot this keyboard as a significant number of the keys do not work. I first suspected the keyboard was dirty so I separated the key assembly from the circuit board and visually inspected / cleaned the contacts with isopropyl alcohol and reassembled. That did not solve the...
  13. O

Q: A1000 Floppy Drive LED

I have an A1000 where the floppy drive LED leg broke off at the base of the LED. Does anyone know where I can source this LED?
  14. O

Q: Apple II Plus Memory Expansion

I have an Apple II Plus system which has a 16K memory expansion card. As is typical with this system the card is installed in slot 1 and has a ribbon cable which connects to bit one (D0, logic board position E3 according to the Apple II Refence Manual) of the third bank of memory. On this...
  15. O

Apple //c Diagnostic Test

I have an Apple //c which, when the diagnostic test is run, indicated a problem with the main bank of memory. The test result displays a zero followed by a one and then five zeros: . 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 The one indicates the bad memory chip which I plan to replace. The problem is I don't know what...
  16. O

Normal Apple II Plus Boot Behavior

Recently I acquired a non-functional Apple II Plus computer (which I've posted about in other threads). The initial problem was that it would not power on. After inspecting the power supple (but not doing anything more than blowing the dust out with compressed air) the system suddenly powered...
  17. O

Apple II Plus Power Supply Disassembly

My Apple II Plus arrived the other day and I plan to troubleshoot the power supply (it does not power on, no beeps or lights). It appears there are eight screws and six rivets which need to be removed. Is this correct? The screws are obvious but I don't want to drill out any rivets that I don't...
  18. O

Just Purchase an Apple ][ Plus

Very excited about it as it is the very first computer I ever used and it set the stage for the rest of my life. Literally. I learned so much from this computer I decided I just had to have the original (for me). I didn't even consider the ][e, a number of which were added to the schools...
  19. O

Is the 3COM 3C509B a Direct Replacement for the 3COM 3C509 Ethernet Card

I am looking to add networking to my Packard Bell 80486 system running NetBSD 1.0. According to the NetBSD documentation the 3C509 card is natively supported. A look through Ebay and I see the 3C509 as well as 3C509B cards available with the latter being more plentiful and therefore a wider...
  20. O

Archiving Motherboard Information and BIOS Software

This is somewhat of a two part post. I have an old Packard Bell 80486 system board for which the battery leaked and damaged the board. I have attempted to do some basic repaid (essentially removal of the battery and cleaning the board) but that was insufficient to resurrect it. I do not have the...
Back