• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

The South DataExpert EXP4349 Socket 3 Hybrid 386/486 Motherboard

Looking for the board described in the title. This model, in particular. Open to trades or sale. Thank you for your time! :)
  2. R

286 router motherboard

That same seller used to have some PEAK/DM boards. I think those had issues as well, even post-BIOS replacement. I haven't much experience with them, but imagine that age/damage/differences in design ultimately make these more of a tricky choice for conversion.
  3. R

Do Cyrix 5x86 CPUs work the same as a 486 in turbo button functionality?

Important to note about these Cyrix 5x86 CPUs is that they are really, really configurable. I'd take a look around at some guides out there regarding CPU register settings. It may seem a little intimidating at first, but with utilities like IBMM9.exe, it's not too bad. There's lots of...
  4. R

PPGA vs FCPGA ... a bit confusing

Just to add to the info here, I believe there were some upgrade adapters like the PowerLeap Neo S370 and PowerLeap PRO/II that were PPGA to FCPGA interposers. The unfortunate reality is that these adapters are relatively hard to find, but there are some Lin Lin adapters out there that pop-up now...
  5. R

My Big Box collection

Oh wow! That's pretty awesome! I remember some of the James Bond games/movies with packed in with shirts that were too big. Someone joked that I should eat my way into the one I got with the weird Call of Duty-engine based Quantum of Solace game. It was massive. :ROFLMAO: That Sigil set is...
  6. R

Recommendations on ISA SVGA card?

One thing to bear in mind when choosing an ET4000AX is that there's numerous revisions of it out there. I recommend the any ET4000AX card with an IC of revision TC6100AF if you're looking for higher color modes; those often are on cards with true color capable RAMDACs, like the Diamond...
  7. R

SIS 486-471 Rev G and COM ports

Ditto on the jumpers issue. Have had this happen a few times myself. Also might be worth ensuring that there are no resource conflicts of any other kind. Are you using any other cards besides VGA and the I/O card at the moment? Might be worth uninstalling any, if so, and proceeding from there.
  8. R

My Big Box collection

Really nice collection there! That big box copy of HL2 is pretty neat. I can't say I remember seeing that one out there, but I suppose that big boxes were not nearly as popular by 2004. Really liking the Sigil one too--neat!
  9. R

EISA Video Cards

Hi all, This is a huge longshot as I've not seen much luck asking this elsewhere, but does anyone have any EISA video cards for sale/trade? I am interested in any of them, but have a QVision 1024/E. I'd ideally like to source something like an ATI Mach32, ELSA Winner XHR 1000, or something of...
  10. R

Hello!

Hi everyone, I'm Will, also known as RetroTechBytes. I am a vintage computer hobbyist, small YouTuber, and licensed attorney. I'm currently back in undergrad, studying electrical engineering for a second degree, so as to take the patent bar. My interests lie mostly in x86 hardware from 80286...
Back