• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. robert_sissco

Midwest Commodore Book Lot

I am paring down my Commodore Book library by selling some duplicate books I have. I have them listed for $125 + shipping on eBay, but for forum members I am willing to sell for a flat $100 in the US, $125 for Canadian members, and for international members who may be interested, please message...
  2. robert_sissco

Vicky-Twenty Build Question on L4 - The Choak

I have been back and stepping away from a no video Vicky-Twenty build for about two years now. All the MOS chips work (tested in a good working VIC-20 CR board), all parts are soldered (no missed pins), ect. Taking another look at the board, I notices something on L4, the Choke. One corner is...
  3. robert_sissco

Grappler CD by Orange Micro

I recently bought a printer interface cartridge for my Commodore 64, a Grappler CD by Orange Micro. I needed it for the interface as one of my printers is not the usual serial DIN connector, and I liked this because the cover is translucent (I like my see thru tech). It plugs into the cartridge...
  4. robert_sissco

VIC-20 Repair Book Recommendations

I have a Vicky-Twenty build that is giving me some problems (no video, voltages at chips look good, all MOS chips work without issue in a working CR VIC-20 I have, known working video cable with a 1702 monitor) and I have watched some videos on VIC-20 issues involving black videos, and so far...
  5. robert_sissco

Midwest WANTED: KETEK Computer Commander for Breadbin Commodore Systems

I am in the market for a KETEK Computer Commander for the breadbin 64's simply because my most commonly used systems are my breadbin 64 and VIC-20. They made models for the 64C and 128 (biggest difference was the lower spacing for the system on the 64C and the drive bay shapes and overall size...
  6. robert_sissco

PET 4032 Issue

So, I have a PET 4032 that is having a few issues that I need help with. I do not have an oscilloscope YET (it is literally in the mail) but one issue I want to tackle first is the power issue. When I cold boot the system, I get nothing. The school district the guy I bought it from got it from...
  7. robert_sissco

USB-C to 1541-ii/1581 PSU

So, because of another thread discussing PSU's, I found THIS online, a little device that goes from USB-C to 1541-ii /1581 PSU. Has anyone seen one of these before, or know where an assembled board can be got? I SMD soldering skills are horrible and I have ruined projects before, and while have...
  8. robert_sissco

Commodore REU Questions

I recently acquired a Commodore 1750 REU Clone (A 1764 upgraded to 512KB), but no shell. I have found .STL files for a cartridge case, but has anyone printed one before, any known issues with these files. Also, I know about the ROM space on the REU, but is there any information about what you...
  9. robert_sissco

Commodore 128 Power Port

I am looking at having to possibly move most of my chips to a new 128 board as I am starting to have a lot of issues with mine (masking is flaking off all over, some traces are starting to corrode, etc) and I would like to build it up so I can just move the chips over and test from there, which...
  10. robert_sissco

Uograding VIC-20/C64 BASIC

I know in the C128 into U36 you can put in a BASIC 8 ROM chip to upgrade the BASIC there, and in the PET's there is a version 4 of BASIC, but that the VIC-20 and C64 are both stuck on version 2 of BASIC without an expander cartridge for the systems. Is is possible to maybe put an upgrade BASIC...
  11. robert_sissco

PET 40 v 80 column systems

So, I recently moved, and while my PET 4032 booted fine when I brought it over, when I put in my office where it will live, nothing. No beep, nothing on screen, nothing. It is a parrot. Voltages look good on the board and from the PSU, and while I think it is the 6502, I have yet to find which...
  12. robert_sissco

Commodore PET Dust Cover

So, I recently moved into a place where I put some of my systems on display on desk, and I would like to put my PET on it. It is a 12" 4032. However, I *LOTHE* dusting more than any other house chore. Is there anyplace on can find a dust cover for it? It doesn't need to be fancy, and I would...
  13. robert_sissco

Midwest Apple Backpack by Scot Kamins and Mitchell Waite

This is cross posted on eBay, but I have a near mint copy of Apple Backpack by Scot Kamins and Mitchell Waite for sale. I am not an Apple guy, and this came in a lot of Commodore books I purchased, but I would like to see this go to a good home. I have it listed for $50 on eBay (based on the...
  14. robert_sissco

Western Europe Commodore 1531 to 1530 adaptor (eBAY SALE, NOT MINE)

THIS IS NOT MY AUCTION, but I had been looking for a Commodore 1531 to 1530 adaptor for a while, and I found a seller online for a decent price. They are based in the UK. I did order one, and the seller has one left, so I just wanted to post a link for anyone who wants it. 10GPB and 8GPB to...
  15. robert_sissco

VIC-20 2 Prong Power Supply

So, I have a question. I recently got a PET Style VIC-20 which uses the older 2-prong 9v AC power supplies. Now, I know that the power supply is just a simple 9v transformer in a box with 120v in and 9v out. The power supply I purchased off of eBay was listed as untested, so, before I connect...
  16. robert_sissco

Midwest SX-64 LCD Mod Control Board PCB's

I did a run of the PCB's for the SX-64 LCD mod that would go behind the door to the right of the floppy drive/storage bay of the SX-64, but as I could not print just one, I had to do a run of 12. I have 7 left over, and while I have this cross posted on eBay, I am willing to sell one to VFC...
  17. robert_sissco

My late birthday/early anniversary gift from my wife

A fully working PET Style Keyboard VIC-20. She gets me.
  18. robert_sissco

1541 Replacement PSU

I have a 1541 with a dying transformer (It hums like I do when I am forced to sing) and I am wanting to replace the power supply with a more modern one. I have seen many modern switching power supplies online, but none that have both the 5v and 12v out. Does anyone have a link to one that will...
  19. robert_sissco

SX-64 ESD User Port Issue

Does any one know if the SX-64 has the same issues with possible static discharge on the user ports killing the CIA chips? I am looking at ordering protectors to add to the systems (VIC-20 through Amiga 500) and I was wondering if I should also order a set to add to the SX-64 ports. If it does...
  20. robert_sissco

SX-64 LCD Mod Control Boards

So I am going to order a run of the Control Panel boards for the LCD mod for the SX-64 in a week or so. This replaces the board to the right of the floppy drive behind the door. I need to order 10 of these, and I am wanting to keep 2 for myself (One to build and a backup in case I mess that...
Back