• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. VeryVon

Five Festive 5150 Boards (BOARD #4 Thread)

Welcome to Board #4! [Link to Original Thread / Board #3] Initially the address on the ISA slot wasn't reading correctly during ground I/O CH RDY procedure (simiar to Board #1) and as in Board #1 the address bus chips (U7 / U9 / U10) were not enabled. I took a look at U98 & U67. As in Board...
  2. VeryVon

Mid Atlantic Looking to trade IIgs color monitor for IIc matching monochrome monitor (preferably with monitor stand)

Title about says it all :) looking for item pictured below, working or non-working condition. Willing to ship (the IIgs monitor for trade) Thanks for looking!
  3. VeryVon

Five Festive 5150 Boards (BOARD #1 Thread)

Welcome to Board #1! [Link to Original Thread / Board #3] Here's what I know so far: - Motherboard type 64KB-256KB - Known good CPU inserted - Known good RAM populated in Bank0, other banks unpopulated - RDR Doesn't boot up, no beep, LPT says "00" and nothing more - Booting with known good...
  4. VeryVon

Five Festive 5150 Boards (BOARD #5 Thread)

Welcome to Board #5! [Link to Original Thread / Board #3] Here's what I know so far: - Motherboard type 16KB-64KB - Known good CPU inserted - Known good RAM populated in Bank0, other banks unpopulated - RDR RAM Tests Pass (see screenshot below) - Booting with known good "5700671" BIOS gives...
  5. VeryVon

Fixing Five Festive 5150 Boards over the Holidays (BOARD #3 Thread)

I recently received five 5150 boards from another collector in various states of repair. They've obviously put a lot of effort into the restorations as 3 out of the 5 boards have bank 0 socketed. To my knowledge they weren't using a diagnostic ROM. I'm really not sure if I'll be able to...
  6. VeryVon

mrynet.com ftp site down? (ftp.mrynet.com)

The mrynet.com ftp site appears down for me, can anyone confirm? Looks to be run by Scott Taylor, anyone have contact info for him? I tried emailing the "webmaster" but seems like a black hole. Trying to download some morrow software here: https://www.mrynet.com/morrow/software.html I found...
  7. VeryVon

Mid Atlantic WTB: Mac SE/30 Motherboard

Title says it all, thanks for reading! :)
  8. VeryVon

Faulty 5150 Motherboard

Hello, recently acquired a 5150 in good condition, however no signs of life. I followed the excellent troubleshooting guide at minuszerodegrees.net and ascertained there was a short on the 12V bus, after which I replaced the capacitors to resolve that issue. Still no beeps though, so on to the...
  9. VeryVon

Recapped Macintosh IIsi powers on, but won’t power down unless unplugged

Hello, I just recapped a Mac IIsi and its power supply. It powers on and operates perfectly, but when I shut it down it powers back on immediately. I can reset it with the power switch, but it’s constantly stuck in power on mode. I’ve checked over the motherboard, triple checked the capacitor...
  10. VeryVon

Another IBM 5151 monitor troubleshooting thread

Hello, I have a 5151 here with no picture, no raster. Was working just fine before, but now nothing. I’m following the SAMS troubleshooting guide, and I do have it connected to a known working 5160 video signal while testing. Initially the fuse was blown, so I replaced that and the rectifier...
  11. VeryVon

TRS-80 Model II CRT Blurry with Horizontal Lines

I have a TRS-80 Model II here in pretty good condition. I couldn't get the 8" Shugart going (yet) but managed to load CPM from 5 1/4 floppy. I'm going to pull the video board out and give it a good once over, possibly recap. Has anyone seen screen video artifacts like this before / know...
  12. VeryVon

Knowledge and/or documentation on the Modcomp Classic?

Hello, I have a couple of Modcomp control panels here on loan from Doug. The original plan was to use this github to animate the panels, however after inspection we realized the panels aren’t from a 7830 (possibly from a 7860?) having larger headers and more TTL logic. Does anyone out there...
  13. VeryVon

Western Digital WD1002-WX2 MFM controller repair (Turbo XT)

Hello, I’m working on a Turbo XT with a WD1002-WX2 controller / ST-251 drive combination and the card hangs up any machine I put it in. Once by some miracle I was able to boot on a floppy and low-level format the drive using g=c800:5 at the debug prompt, but fdisk locked up on the next boot and...
  14. VeryVon

Mid Atlantic WTB - TI-99/4A 32k Expansion / PEB / UberGROM / Stuff

I'm going through a serious TI-99 Phase here. I have a few stock working TI-99's that I'm looking to expand with: 32k Expansion PEB (Peripheral Expansion Box) Any sort of Multi-cart like UberGROM etc. Anything else TI-99/4A you're looking to unload I might be interested :) TY
  15. VeryVon

Groot Scam?

Hello, sorry if I'm jumping to conclusions here, but I received a PM from a new member "Groot" who claimed that a person named "Dinesh" had an XT Keyboard for sale (something I posted up as "wanted" awhile ago.) I was told to contact them at email love2sailcaptain@gmail.com. I contacted this...
  16. VeryVon

XT Keyboard

Does anyone have an extra XT compatible keyboard for sale or trade? I've checked the regular places but you know it's highway robbery out there on the street these days. I got this lovely IBM XT from Alex / Eon (spelling? sorry dude) at Festivus. And yea I'm a total newbie because I have no...
  17. VeryVon

WTB: Apple II Drive Interface Card

Looking for a working Apple II Interface Card. I have one here I'm trying to troubleshoot but haven't worked it out yet.
  18. VeryVon

Trade Digital Equipment PC350-D1 for an IBM PC / XT

Item: Digital Equipment PC350-D1 Location: Philadelphia, PA Suburbs Shipping: Willing to ship US / Canada / Europe or meet within reasonable driving distance Hello, I’ve acquired a DEC PC350. Apart from missing the front faceplate it’s in very clean condition. Unfortunately I don’t have a...
  19. VeryVon

NEC PowerMateSX Compatible ISA Video Cards?

Hello, I've come into possession of a NEC PowerMateSX. Pretty much a dumpster rescue. Unfortunately the machine has been stripped of all it's cards so I'm looking around at the available video cards on ebay etc. I used to work on these types of machines back in the day, but it's been awhile...
Back