• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Western Europe Copy of Dave's Commodore PET TESTER rom

Anybody has the capability to burn it and mail it to me in EU/Germany would be appreciated. Thank you.
  2. D

Western Europe Intel 4004 System (Running / MCS / NS) Pro Log M900 PROM Programmer

Dear all, I have a running Pro Log M900 PROM Programmer System (230V) that I am willing to part from. It has an National Semiconductor 4004 CPU in ceramic package INS4004J in it with date code 727 or week 27 of 1977. I haven't tested it to burn EPROMs but all the lights come on and the keys...
  3. D

Commodore PET CBM 4016 ASSY 8032080 RIFA burn and more

Dear all, in the process of trying to repair a PET, I had a smoke development and FI / RCD breaker tripping event. The suspected RIFA that burned was removed but the PET would still not run just like before. This was followed by a solder trace burnout on the back of the PCB (one of the power...
  4. D

Casio AS-A 1969 Nixie Calculator - Division Issue

Dear all, I got this calculator that works flawlessly except for a intermittent (but most of the time) division issue. Entry/Plus/Minus/Multiply work reliably. Attached you find the manual in German, schematics of the very similar successor of the model (AS-B,121-B, slightly higher integration...
  5. D

Old old power supply

Dear all, I am trying to fix some super vintage nixie calculators (1969). I noticed they deliver some overvoltage out of the internal power supply. Roundabout 30% to high, ie. 236V instead of 180V for the nixies for example. While I hope this might still work, I am wondering if this is a partial...
  6. D

Casio AS-A 1969 No/Low Function (thermal)

Dear Experts, I bought a 1969 Casio AS-A calculator with 12 nixies that does not work propperly. I cleaned it and played around with it and after a while I even got it to work fully (!) to enter numbers and do calculations. That was a short thing though as it is now not lighting up any digits...
  7. D

Seagate ST412 10MB MFM drive in 5160 IBM XT recently died with 1701 & 1705

This pretty ST412 has worked well in my vintage collection and been running for maybe 20h uptime last year without any issues. Well, come last week I get the terribly unspecific 1701 at boot. It seems intermittend at first but meanwhile permanent. (I have had a 1701 a couple of time with other...
  8. D

Mysterious tingle when touching joystick / case and phantom voltages

Dear all, I have had this a couple of times and never got to the bottom of it. Sometimes (especially on vintage kit connected with two prong connector ie. without PE) I get a continous tingle when touching the case. This is annoying especially when it is a joystick with painted metal case... It...
  9. D

IBM 5155 with Optional Raspberry Pi

Gents, I would enjoy your thoughts on an idea I wanted to try with an extra working IBM 5155 I have: I was thinking of hiding an extra Raspberry Pi 3 Model B (RPI) inside somewhere and feed its' composite output from the 4 segment jack to the mono CRT input by feeding into the connector...
  10. D

Commodore PET CBM 20xx 30xx 40xx Mix and Match

Fellow enthusiasts, I have a bunch of PETs and a strange question. I`d like to switch keyboards (graphical and business) and/or Monitor assemblies (between a 40 and a 80 column) amongst machines. I feel a little bad about it to create Frankenstein machines, but essentially I want a 40 column one...
  11. D

Macintosh Plus 1MB trips RCD Fuse

Dear Expert, as per title my Mac Plus works fine in principle but even when off: After a while my house's RCD fuse blows. I think in Germany they fire at 30mA. I have no idea where to look. So how the hell is there a leak to shield pre power switch? Puzzling because it does this while off also...
  12. D

IBM 5153 CGA blurry image / focus loss

Dear experts, this pretty CRT has a blurry screen. I looked at the service manual by SAMs and thought the internal focus adjustment would help at the flyback - but no help. It is only a little sharp if it is very dim. At reasonable brightness it sucks to look at. I am hoping for something simple...
  13. D

IBM 5150 16-64kB (Bios 1981-10-19) "Dead" Mainboard

Dear Resident Vintage Wizards, I'd like your suggestions in the following case: IBM 5150 16-64kB (Bios 1981-10-19) appears dead. No blinkenlights with MDA graphics, no beep, no floppynoise. My best guess is RAM failure based on min config diagnostic by minuszerodegreees. Voltages are fine...
  14. D

PET Tape Archive

Hi together, I also have 40+ tapes with software / games for the PET / CBM. Is there anybody interested and/or able to preserve them for the future? Many are not found i.e. on archive.org and I thought it would be a shame to lose them if the tapes go bad. What are your views?
  15. D

[HELP] Another Commodore PET 2001 CBM 3008 3032 Dead Screen

Hi all, this is a different PET than my other Post. I have some free time currently so I started a lot of repair projects at the same time and request a lot of help. So thanks for your read or reply. But maybe we can preserve another Commodore for the future. So in this PET I get no image at...
  16. D

[HELP] Commodore PET CBM 3008 3032 Screen Issue

Hello all, I am trying to put a PET back in service and things look great. However I have an issue with horizontal placement on the CRT. Characters at some point stop being placed to the right but at the same location. And then after a while they move right but squished. Above is a screenshot of...
  17. D

Apple II Europlus - Help fixing please

Dear Experts, I messed up. I wanted to install a SD card in my nice II Europlus and since the case was off, I put the 8-bit card holding the SD converter the wrong way around into the slot. I turn on there is a louder than usual sound and now it is broken. No magic smoke but I broke something...
Back