• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Anyone else have one of these?

I think I have the basic in a ROM somewhere… I’ve used it before.
  2. M

Maxtor 7120AT jumper settings.

Can't see to find this anywhere on the web, there are some 7120 and 7120A drives mentioned. Looking for master/slave, the jumpers are on the top of the PC board (not by ide connector like newer drives). I think the master/slave is J20, just not sure. Also, I can't remember what happens if you...
  3. M

Eeprom adapter

Anyone know if someone makes a 28 pin dip sized adapter for a 28c256 in one of the surface mount packages? That sort of thing would be useful.
  4. M

Tandy 1000 TL with XT/IDE

Having an odd problem with this; The computer already has a hard card that is working (for now), but I want to get a backup, and to move files between computers so I can get it on network. I’m using an IDE to CF adapter, and it sort of works. I can boot off of hard drive, use fdisk on the CF to...
  5. M

Anyone know how to repair an Inclinator HomeWaiter elevator?

Model #150 I believe. Got stuck in shaft because of shifting load. Blockage removed, but no life -- it won't move up or down.
  6. M

Is it me, or is it a bug like feature?

I swear, some threads I read start with the oldest entry on page one, while others seem to start with "more recent" on page 1, going down to most recent, and other pages are back in time?
  7. M

Is there a single device that upscales and suports EGA and CGA

As it is, I have a gglabs CGA to VGA, but I need an upscaler to connect it to a flat panel VGA device... Or do I have to keep chaining stuff together?
  8. M

TRS-80 Model I power supply wire colors.

Anyone know what the color coding is on the output of a model I power supply? I’ve got red, green, white, black wires. I don’t want to open it if I don’t have to, but if I do, any tips other than what is on Ian’s page?
  9. M

Tychon BG101

Anyone have any information on this (technical). Wondering what the electronics do at the top of the device, and how it helps create interfaces to microcomputers. It seems to be decode logic, has an area for d0-7, and a0-7, along with in, write, read, out, interrupt. Was the device specific...
  10. M

Only $999!

An electric mouth PC board on ebay.... I think I'll buy a dozen!
  11. M

SCSI emulator?

Is there such a device? I have an old system that can boot off of SCSI (original, not anything newer), but… maybe time to use the raspberry pi to simulate a hard drive?
  12. M

Anyone have any drivers for Ampro Little Board/PC?

I’ve found the manuals, but I don’t have any of the dos drivers for the features.
  13. M

Z8000 board for IBM PC

I think it was a Steve Ciarcia project. I had one, I remember connecting to it via a program I think, and you could also use the ram on the system as a RAM disk on the PC side. Can’t remember much else. I did write several assembly programs for it. anyone else have one of these?
  14. M

Floppy disks in Pentium systems….

Ok, so I have a Pentium with a 3.5 inch drive. Can it also support a 5.25 inch drive? Will it work with single density 5.25 inch drives?
  15. M

Any idea on programming a microchip 16V8?

Tried using the atmel and lattice part numbers with a TL866 II, but no luck. Getting OverCurrent Protection! External short or IC reverse or incorrect package. Well, chip inserted correctly, notch at the top, 29 pin dip. New stock from Mouser. anyone know if microchip has different voltages?
  16. M

Gateway 2000 P90

Got this out of my old house, haven’t booted it yet, but as I recall I had an AMD in it, with a fan that sounded like a jet engine. And, had a odd “feature” of the CPU making audiable noise when running prime 95 stress test. I also recall this has at least dual if not triple boot. I remember dos...
  17. M

Model I replacement power supply

Ok, so I have received to pc board from Ian for model I power supply. Now the problem is the transformers. I can get the L01-6361 from digikey, but the other ones, are out of stock, and one or more months lead time to order (and based on past experience, much longer). I do have a couple of...
  18. M

*&$#=+*@* Texas Peripherals!

So, I have one of these drives, and was trying to figure out where the drive selects were… well, they are on the bottom of the board, so if I want to make it a normal drive, I have to take the circuit board off…. I’d upload pictures, but they are too big, so need to get to a computer to fix them.
  19. M

Zaxxon board and manual, and up n down arcade machine.

Never got around to it, but I was going to repackage it in a up n down game machine I have. Basically, don’t need either, and not willing to ship the arcade. I’m in north east Ohio, upper summit county For pick up. Last I checked the machine worked, I think the zaxxon worked, I’ll see if I can...
  20. M

Anyone remember minix for 8088?

Can’t remember if there’s one that worked with any protected mode processors, but I remember the Minix book and the tons of floppies used to boot it / install it.
Back