• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. gatewayrepairs1985

New England Large Gateway 2000 & Misc PC Computer Collection For Sale

Hello all, Due to a variety of circumstances I am no longer willing to hold on to the vast majority of my Gateway 2000 computer collection. This was a serious hobby of mine for about five years, and over that time I amassed a significant amount of Gateway 2000 systems and products. So I am...
  2. gatewayrepairs1985

Micro Firmware BIOS Files

Hi all, I have been looking for the Micro Firmware BIOS files listed here for a very long time: https://www.rigacci.org/docs/biblio/online/fi … are/mfibios.htm All of the latest BIOS updates are available on the web, but they all require a previous version of the BIOS to be installed on the...
  3. gatewayrepairs1985

Help With Ultrastor 24F SCSI EISA Config

Hi all, I am currently trying to configure an Ultrastor 24F SCSI EISA card in my Anigma motherboard EISA system. I have the EISA .CFG file and I successfully loaded it using an EISA configuration utility, however no matter what I do/change I get an error message on startup - "Disk Controller...
  4. gatewayrepairs1985

Restoring Micronics 09-00066-52 386/33 MoBo

Thank you for all the advice. This board will prove difficult to repair because it is multi-layered. Some traces seem to go nowhere - do you think you could offer an explanation for that? I will include the before photo and then the photo with the traces outlined that I think go nowhere. Thanks...
  5. gatewayrepairs1985

Hi, Thank you for the lengthy reply. I learned a lot from it. This does look like a multi-layered board, but I really hope I can revive it. Here I have what I think is the first trace I need to repair. I would appreciate if you agree with my synopsis. See the before photo, and then the...
  6. gatewayrepairs1985

Hi, Thank you for the reply. Could you advise me on how to check the power rails? My apologies, brand new to this. Still getting used to the multimeter. I have it set to test DC voltage, where should I go from there? Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
  7. gatewayrepairs1985

Hi all, Hoping you are well. I really want to get this 33 mHz Micronics motherboard working again. When I got it, the VARTA battery had leaked, and there was corrosion surrounding it. I let the corroded part of the board sit in vinegar, then rinsed with warm water and let it dry. I still get no...
  8. gatewayrepairs1985

Help! Micronics/Gateway 2000 486 Motherboard Mysteriously Dies

Hi, That is very kind of you. Thank you for doing that for me. Hopefully with a new eprom the board can be revived. There is no rush, just let me know when you find the time to make one. Thank you again!
  9. gatewayrepairs1985

Hi @twolazy, I'm sorry for the late reply, life has just got in the way of my work on vintage computers. I have returned to this board and I can no longer get the board to boot at all, not even to the BIOS FLASH recovery mode of the motherboard. So I'm thinking maybe the BIOS chip was bad all...
  10. gatewayrepairs1985

Hi @modem7, Sorry for the late reply - life got in the way of my vintage computer repairs. Thank you very much for the documentation on how this chip works in the IBM AT - I find that very interesting. Currently, when I just returned to the motherboard, I can no longer even get it to boot the...
  11. gatewayrepairs1985

Alright, not giving up yet: I installed the latest BIOS I could find for this board, and now I get a definitive beep code, with no video. The BIOS is PhoenixBIOS 4.05.05, and the code I get is 1-4-2-1. Looking it up, this says “CMOS RAM read/write failure (this commonly indicates a problem on...
  12. gatewayrepairs1985

Hi all, I tried the contact cleaner/brush and the deionized water technique. Neither worked. I’m back to square 1 now, getting the [02][--] and those stupid long tones. I am beyond frustrated with this board and will be actively searching for a replacement. Thank you to all who have tried to...
  13. gatewayrepairs1985

Need Help Identifying Cyrix MediaGX Motherboard and using ATX Power

Hi @Plasma, I did - and no dice. I’m just going to use the board with an AT power supply. Thanks for all of your replies. I do appreciate it! Stay safe!
  14. gatewayrepairs1985

Hi @GiGaBiTe, Thanks for the advice! I think I’m just going to use the board in a case with an AT power supply, I’ll find another board for this project. And I really appreciate the tips about cooling that part of the board. I’ll be sure to do that when I find another place for the board...
  15. gatewayrepairs1985

Hi, I was told there were resistors near the power connector but I don’t see any either. Was just seeing if maybe you saw something I was missing. Good eye on that trace! However, I looked up another picture of this board and it has the same hole. It’s perfectly round - so I think it’s...
  16. gatewayrepairs1985

I will keep this in mind and report back. Thank you for all the advice. How does this brush look?
  17. gatewayrepairs1985

Thanks for the tip. I already tried another power supply and got the same results. I suspect the resistors near the connector may have blown. Do you know how I could check those/seek some replacements? Or is it not feasible to fix those? Thank you for the advice!
  18. gatewayrepairs1985

Just for reference, here is my current setup. When I press the power button, nothing happens. I do not understand why, as I believe this follows the diagram. Last time I tried booting this up with ATX it worked. Now I get nothing when I press the button.
  19. gatewayrepairs1985

Thanks for the picture. I will order some contact cleaner and see what happens. Fingers crossed this is the problem. I really appreciate the help!
  20. gatewayrepairs1985

Wow, thanks so much for the great reply! I will try both of these things over the next couple days and report back. I want to try the CRC CO contact cleaner first. Which IC’s did you notice that might be the culprit? Should I just try and clean all the socketed ones? Again, thanks so much!
Back