• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. gatewayrepairs1985

New England Large Gateway 2000 & Misc PC Computer Collection For Sale

Hello all, Due to a variety of circumstances I am no longer willing to hold on to the vast majority of my Gateway 2000 computer collection. This was a serious hobby of mine for about five years, and over that time I amassed a significant amount of Gateway 2000 systems and products. So I am...
  2. gatewayrepairs1985

Micro Firmware BIOS Files

Hi all, I have been looking for the Micro Firmware BIOS files listed here for a very long time: https://www.rigacci.org/docs/biblio/online/fi … are/mfibios.htm All of the latest BIOS updates are available on the web, but they all require a previous version of the BIOS to be installed on the...
  3. gatewayrepairs1985

Help With Ultrastor 24F SCSI EISA Config

Hi all, I am currently trying to configure an Ultrastor 24F SCSI EISA card in my Anigma motherboard EISA system. I have the EISA .CFG file and I successfully loaded it using an EISA configuration utility, however no matter what I do/change I get an error message on startup - "Disk Controller...
  4. gatewayrepairs1985

Restoring Micronics 09-00066-52 386/33 MoBo

Hi all, Hoping you are well. I really want to get this 33 mHz Micronics motherboard working again. When I got it, the VARTA battery had leaked, and there was corrosion surrounding it. I let the corroded part of the board sit in vinegar, then rinsed with warm water and let it dry. I still get no...
  5. gatewayrepairs1985

Help! Micronics/Gateway 2000 486 Motherboard Mysteriously Dies

Hi all! As the VCFED community has been so helpful to me in the past, I thought I'd share this issue I'm having with this motherboard pictured. It's a nice Gateway 486 JX30G 09-00189 motherboard. It was working just fine a couple hours ago, then I took a break for lunch, and I come back to this...
  6. gatewayrepairs1985

New England WTB: Black Bezel 5 1/4” Floppy Drive

Hi all, Simply looking for a black bezeled 5 1/4” drive for a PC project I’m doing. Located in New England. Don’t feel like paying the ridiculous $190 eBay prices for one. If you have any spares you’re willing to sell, let me know! Thanks so much! -bostonvintage1993
  7. gatewayrepairs1985

Need Help Identifying Cyrix MediaGX Motherboard and using ATX Power

Hi all, I hope you had a wonderful holiday. Writing today as I have a motherboard (photo attached) with a Cyrix MediaGX processor. I have been able to find absolutely no information on the motherboard. It has no model markings anywhere on it. I have gotten it to POST with the traditional power...
  8. gatewayrepairs1985

Micronics 386/25 Motherboard POSTS - But I Get No Video

Hi all, I recently acquired one of my dream machines - a Gateway 2000 386 from 1991. I really want to get it working to put it on display. However, the motherboard is giving me some trouble. It is a 386/25 Micronics motherboard, and I originally thought it was dead since I got no video...
  9. gatewayrepairs1985

New England WTB: Micronics/Gateway 486 Motherboard

Hi all, I’m looking to buy this exact 486 motherboard. Photos attached. It comes from a Gateway 2000 machine and is made by Micronics. The model number is 09-00189-03. If you have one and you’d be willing to sell it to me, I’d appreciate a PM. I’m also looking to obtain the original processor...
  10. gatewayrepairs1985

Need Help! in Finding These Gold Circular Standoffs

Hi all, I hope you are doing well. I am in need of these gold, circular motherboard standoffs. I have included a picture of them in use and a close-up photo. Does anybody here know where I can find them? Or suitable replacements for them? I also need these horizontal motherboard clips pictured...
  11. gatewayrepairs1985

Pentium 5Z Motherboard Smoking!

Hi all, and happy thanksgiving! Just a few minutes ago, I was working on a Gateway 2000 Pentium P5-90 motherboard that has been completely dead for years. I had last powered it on around two years ago and got nothing displayed on the screen. I finally got around to troubleshooting it - I placed...
  12. gatewayrepairs1985

New England Looking for Commodore 1084

Hi all, I'm a school student and a big vintage computer enthusiast! I really like Gateway 2000 computers (if anyone wants to talk about them I'd love to!) but have fairly recently taken an interest in Commodore computers as well (my dad had the classics back in the '80s). I was able to acquire...
  13. gatewayrepairs1985

Need Help Finding/Making A DIN Keyboard Connector Cover

Hi everybody, Recently I've been working to restore two Gateway 2000 486s in their signature Baby AT cases. One of the machines has this metal cover pictured. It has two 6/32 HEX screws that connect to the case. The second machine I have unfortunately was missing this metal cover as seen in the...
  14. gatewayrepairs1985

Zenith ZDS - 320S: Information Needed!

Hi all, I hope this message finds you well. I've recently acquired this Zenith 386 320S - but have not been able to find literally any information about it online. I know the previous owner upgraded the motherboard and the ISA cards - but the power supply and floppy drives are original. Not...
Back