• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. B

Windows NT 3.51 Installation error (INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEIVCE)

I was in dos when I started the installation by cd. So you’re saying I should copy all the files to the hard drive and start the installation from there?
  2. B

Would it just be a better idea to install nt3.1 and then upgrade to 4.0 by cd rom?
  3. B

I’m not sure, how do i check that
  4. B

So there's no way to upgrade from nt 3.1 to nt 3.51?
  5. B

I do still have the 3 disks that the installation made when I started the installation, if that helps the situation at all
  6. B

Im not sure what that is but I don't think so
  7. B

So I was installing windows Nt 3.51 right. Before I had NT 3.1. I decided to upgrade to 3.51 and the installation went smoothly up until the end of the text based installation process. Windows told me to restart to enter the graphical part of the setup. But when I did that I get greeted with...
  8. B

How to boot from floppy?

Because I was also trying to install windows 1.01 and that also installed successfully!
  9. B

How to boot from floppy?

Yes I am indeed trying to install msdos5 onto the hdd. I did change the labels on the disks and it finally worked! Thank you all so much who helped me!
  10. B

How to boot from floppy?

Omg thank you, I can now finally see the Msdos 5 installation screen, but there’s another problem, It says Insert the disk labeled MS-DOS 5.0 Disk 1 into drive A, but it’s already in it, do i have to rename the disk to something else?
  11. B

How to boot from floppy?

Oh shoot i didn’t do format /s . Let me try that
  12. B

How to boot from floppy?

Thank you for that bit of info, thought something was wrong But the computer still will not boot, actually it now says Remove disks or other media, and when i do that it again says operating system not found
  13. B

How to boot from floppy?

There’s a weird problem going on. I’m trying to do what you say but everytime i select io.sys and copy it to my disk or even copy it to a folder it never shows up. I even checked in the dos prompt on this temp windows machine i have and it doesn’t show up. What’s going on?
  14. B

How to boot from floppy?

Got it, well since windows doesn’t work well with my floppy drive i’ll check if there are any imaging solutions for mac and see if that might fix the issue
  15. B

How to boot from floppy?

The cmos battery isn’t the issue, i’ve still have gotten the error and when i tried the win95 boot disk it worked. I also check the bios every-time i do a restart and the floppy drive is first on the boot order
  16. B

How to boot from floppy?

the thing is, i’ve always resorted to using the cd drive but i don’t want to use that anymore. I’m really trying to get the disk drive working, i’m sure the drive is working tho, there must be a problem with what i’m doing to the disks or something like a file system problem or if it’s just me...
  17. B

How to boot from floppy?

Yea i was thinking the same thing, macs don’t use ms file systems so maybe that’s contributing to a problem. I did try to find a partition manager program to work with and i did find one and use it but still it doesn’t solve to problem. Should i be searching for a disk imaging utility like you...
  18. B

How to boot from floppy?

I mean if windows would let me use the floppy drive i think it would do a better job at formatting the disks, mac doesn’t use fat or any ms related stuff so that may be contributing to the problem
Back