• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. thevowel

Can someone tell me what this external Tandy HDD goes to? I honestly dont remember.

It's for a Tandy 1000. "Expand your Tandy 1000's storage affordably. Add two to the Tandy 1000 or one to the Tandy 1000 HD for 40 megabytes of total system storage (Cable Kit and installation required for secondary unit). Requires Hard Disk Controller Board. 25-1041 699.00 "
  2. thevowel

Replacement Cases for Model 1's

I started on a 3d printed replacement but haven’t had the time to finish it. One of these days…
  3. thevowel

Zenith Z-100 can read early 8" 86-DOS disks

That's slick! Thanks for sharing.
  4. thevowel

Keyboard-less VT10x terminals

Projects like this are so important - thank you! Looking forward to getting one for myself.
  5. thevowel

TRS-80 Model 1 - Display problem (Hoizontal Sync)

If you don't want to make your own cable, these work great and aren't expensive: https://www.8bitclassics.com/product/trs-80-model-i-to-composite-video-cable/
  6. thevowel

Exidy Sorcerer 2 Technical Manual

those are great - thanks!
  7. thevowel

TRS-80 Model II and External 3-floppy unit

I'm sure that there's a ton of people interested - where are you located?
  8. thevowel

Exidy Sorcerer Floppy Disk Controller (Dreamdisk) Replica PCB

That's awesome. I'm definitely in for one when the time comes.
  9. thevowel

Has anyone built a replacement power supply for a Zenith Z-110/120?

That's a great resource - thanks!
  10. thevowel

Has anyone built a replacement power supply for a Zenith Z-110/120?

The requirements are unusual - five different voltages! I'd like to use a modern power supply (Mean Well or similar) for the +5/+12v, but it would need a circuit to generate the +8/+16/-16v. I'd love to find that someone's already done that work so I don't have to. From the Z-100 Technical...
  11. thevowel

Model 4 & M3SE question

Thanks for the tips, but for no good reason I really want to have a M4 on my home network. Based on the research I've done, it looks like a M3SE is the easiest way to do that?
  12. thevowel

Model 4 & M3SE question

I'm looking at picking up a Model 4 that may or may not have working floppies. Since there are now auto-boot EPROMs available for the M3SE, does that mean that I'd be able to get things running as-is and worry about fixing the floppies some other day? Thanks!
Back