• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. E

Power Macintosh era Questions!

Hi all, I picked up a Power Mac 7100/80 recently. Just the main unit - no keyboard, mouse or screen. Inside, there is a couple of sticks of DRAM regular memory (no idea the capacity) and what I'm learning is the ROM on a stick, and cache on another. Also, a 700Mb SCSI disk. I can probably get...
  2. E

Databases etc...

Hi all, I'm looking for some pointers.. I'm moderately 'OK' with MySQL, Python, PHP etc on Linux boxen. Creating simple apps around a database just for the fun of it really. What do I need in order to do similar on VMS (using DEC/VMS native stuff?) Looking for a step-by-step guide to installing...
  3. E

Ultrix 4.1

Hi all, Among other things, I'm collecting all I can to do with Ultrix. It was my first real Unix(ish) thing so it's a bit spesh to me. I've been searching high and low for Ultrix 4.1 - I can't find it. I can only find reference to it in an SPD (for 4.2 I think). Was it ever a thing? Does...
  4. E

New to Apple II & Troubleshooting

Hi all! I hope I've found the right place. I recently picked up an Apple II Europlus. Growing up in the UK these things were pretty scarce and at the grand old age of nearly 50, I've just gotten my first one. It had apparently been stored for 20 years. I've opened it up and cleaned it and...
Back