• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

What kind of connector is this? Looks similar to S-Video

I don't have access just yet, but I just got done looking through Hirose's entire website, and they definitely don't make the connector I need.
  2. S

What kind of connector is this? Looks similar to S-Video

https://www.tascamninja.com/cdn/shop/products/l346.jpg Here's the pinout: https://www.mzentertainment.com/pics/fostex_r8/dr_zee_workshop_fostex_r8_project_control_wiring.jpg Never seen this type of connector anywhere. Also, this is for an old tape deck synchronizer, so this might technically...
  3. S

DB37 CDROM port

The unit hasn't been used since the early 90e, trust me. I cleaned it with IPA already. I could probably adjust it and see if it'll work because I have a multimeter, oscilloscope etc but I haven't ever adjusted a laser. Hmm. Tempting to just chunk it to not waste time but I feel like I'm almost...
  4. S

DB37 CDROM port

The drive was barely used. I know because of the person I bought it from. I don't know if a laser can go bad due strictly to age itself, but it definitely doesn't have 'wear' from overuse.
  5. S

DB37 CDROM port

Update: whenever I needed to use the CDROM I had to spend a few minutes popping the caddy in and out to get it to finally read. After months, now the CDROM won't read at all. It just says invalid drive specification. It was doing this when I first got it, and even after the recap, so I'm not...
  6. S

'Updating ESCD...' hanging *facepalm*

Thanks for the reply but i finally figured it out. It was a Turbo setting that was halting my PC. I unplugged the Turbo plug from the FP header and now all is fine.
  7. S

It turns out the bios is corrupted. The bad news is that a fresh copy of it is nowhere to be found on the net. It's an Azza 5is v2.
  8. S

Here we go again. When I pop in a new video card it hangs at "Updating ESCD". I conquered the issue once before months ago by doing some weird combination of booting the system without any cards in it at all (even video) and resetting the machine. So here I am again months later with the same...
  9. S

I got it fixed. I had only one card in the system, an ISA video card, and thinking it might be a video card issue I popped in another video card. Didn't help. I put the old one back in and posted this thread. Then after fooling with the settings as mentioned above I was out of ideas except for...
  10. S

This setting is in the PCI setup. I'm using only ISA cards but I disabled this option and rebooted to be met with the same behavior. I went back in and looked and the only thing this option seems to do is fool with some sort of IRQ numbers.
  11. S

There is no setting for it in the BIOS.
  12. S

Every time I turn around there's something else going wrong with a system of mine. I took out a sound card from a W95 system and popped it into another. I booted the W95 system without the sound card and it said "Updating ESCD..." and that's where it hangs. I read that that has something to do...
  13. S

Adding an internal zip drive to a PC

Got it. Thanks for all the help everyone. Got it down pat now. Going to just load the drivers manually with the Guest program when I need it.
  14. S

I wasn't aware of that. What's that little /D modifier/flag or whatever it's called after your ASPIDISK.SYS? I thought that would assign it a drive letter.
  15. S

Thanks for the recommendation. I've discovered that the problem isn't MSCDEX. Once I take it out of the autoexec and config files and let the ASPIATAP and ASPIDISK files load, even with the /E on the ASPIDISK.SYS file it still takes over D: no matter what. Hmm. Maybe I don't have the correct...
  16. S

Alright, it's all working now. Only one small niggle: even with LASTDRIVE=E the zip drive takes over D and the CDROM becomes E. But that's only when I load the ASPI drivers in the config.sys file. In my config.sys I've got something like (and you'll get the point): LASTDRIVE=E...
  17. S

I had to steal a soundcard from another system that had an IDE connector on it. I popped it in and the Zip drive is now accessible by the system. Gonna tinker with it and get it fully installed now, then order a new soundcard with an IDE port on it.
  18. S

I tried jumping those pins together so that I could have both DS and SP closed and it still gave me trouble. It usually tells me HD Controller Failure or something like that. Looks like I just need another IDE card. I'm still concerned about which one I get since adding yet another floppy...
  19. S

If I put in another controller card that has both an IDE and floppy connector is that going to cause a conflict of some kind? I'm looking on Ebay and I don't see much in the way of standard ISA-IDE cards.
  20. S

I'm gonna tinker with this later, I've gotta get going, but it's looking like I might actually need two jumpers: on both DS and SP according to stuff I'm reading. Funny thing though is that the plastic black jumper is a smaller size than usual and my other spare jumpers won't fit. I'll make a...
Back