• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

TRS-80 Model 4 C Programming System _ RS Catalog# 26‑2230

This is one I have. I was looking at it when Empress stepped on the power button. Pete, we should compare archives.
  2. K

TRS-80 Model 4 C Programming System _ RS Catalog# 26‑2230

I have several hundred model 4 programs. I don't see disk images in my collection. My cat turned off remote access so I'll have to check when I get home.
  3. K

Can someone tell me what this external Tandy HDD goes to? I honestly dont remember.

The 10MB one was my first hard drive for my Tandy 1000A. I had 2 floppies so I got an external hard drive. Sorry I missed VCF this year.
  4. K

ST-412 MFM HDD / CARD possible IRQ 5 Issue with 80286 mainboard

Thanks for clearing this up. I know I had problems with 16 bit MFM controllers and IDE contollers being installed at the same time but wasn't 100% sure how the 8 bit controller would work in the 16 bit environment. I know that it has it's own BIOS and needed the drives set to none
  5. K

Where are all the Model 16B s ?

I have the ones that @pski doesn't have. Actually, I have 2 or 3 of various configurations.
  6. K

I don't think this motherboard/controller combination is going to work for you, unless you have all the jumpers and one of them allows you to disable the IDE controller on the motherboard.
  7. K

If you can't disable the primary IDE interface then this board will not work for you. As it is, since this is an 8 bit controller, you would have to set both to disabled/not installed and let the BIOS for the Xebec card load.
  8. K

Go into the BIOS setup, set the built in IDE to secondary and set it as disabled. Disable all other motherboard hardware you're not using. Something is getting in the way of the option rom loading. The controller looks like variation 2 of the IBM Xebec controller here...
  9. K

Unless you have a device already installed using IRQ5 then the it will be available for the hard drive controller. Specifically, what is the manufacturer, model number and part number of the controller card you're trying to use? What motherboard are you trying to use the card in? 5150? 5160...
  10. K

Tandy 6000 binary-math Basic?

That's the basic interpreter for Xenix. I think those were the only 68000 specific operating systems. Was CP/M 68K ever released? Maybe look at the basic in there.
  11. K

That's the model II basic on that disk so it's not going to have any 68000 code.
  12. K

Why would he want 6809 basic if he's looking for 68000 basic? Try to find a copy of TRSDOS-16 and see if the basic on there is for the 68000 or for the z80. I can't seem to find TRSDOS-16 anywhere.
  13. K

TRS-80 Trash Talk Live #38 is Saturday March 2nd at 9PM EST

I have got to set myself reminders. I keep missing these and Tandy's are my top interest. I'm such an airhead.
  14. K

Mid Atlantic WTB Tandy PCs 1000 thru 5000

Pete, you have my number. I'm sure I have a couple of 1000's and 2000's you might be interested in. I have lots of extras.
  15. K

Tandy 2000 mouse driver

I went off the rails in mentioning the serial ports. The point I was trying to make (and failed) is that don't assume that just because the mouse was the same on the 1000 and 2000 means it was implemented in the same way. The 2000 is almost completly different than any PC compatible. Look for...
  16. K

Tandy 2000 mouse driver

The serial ports in the 2000 are NOTHING like the serial ports in a regular PC. Just because it uses the same connector doesn't equate to the same protocols, ports or addresses.
  17. K

Tandy 2000 mouse driver

Please let us know if this works.
  18. K

Sometimes you never know...

I know. Decodes to "Replace Motherboard". What it means is that it is seeing power from two places, doesn't know which one to select and freaks out. If I remove the power from the external hub it starts right up.
  19. K

Termcaps for VT100

To build on this, the VT100 (and most terminal types) emulation in Hyperterminal is not perfect. Back in the day we had to use a different emulator that actually worked correctly to get around these issues. Hyperterminal's idiosyncracies were killing us.
  20. K

Connecting a JVC 40MB HDD with 44 pin connector from old Toshiba Laptop

More information here: https://vtda.org/books/Computing/Hardware/pc_engineers_vol3_misc.pdf search on jd e3848 still no pinout
Back